VPN

.KeLFOuTO!r.

• Leader

Hey Kel, 

Here is the answer

1. Using a proxy IP on our servers is not allowed unless it has been authorised by an admin beforehand. All proxies get added to ban list as soon as we catch them.

Link : https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

• Like 2

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, .KeLFOuTO!r. said:

I just subscribed to a vpn offer, and wondering if I have to disconnect it everytime I want to play ET or if I can leave it connected ?

Using TCP proxy will have no issues with UDP. ET uses UDP. I would be interested if your proxy works on our server. Give it a try, if it works, let me know, so I can ban new proxy IP Range. - Thanks

PS We have more then 200 proxy IP Ranges banned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Using TCP proxy will have no issues with UDP. ET uses UDP. I would be interested if your proxy works on our server. Give it a try, if it works, let me know, so I can ban new proxy IP Range. - Thanks

I have to try my VPN's now mate just out of interest to see if they actually work on your server......obv if they work i'll let you know but please dont be banning my GUID or anything..

P.S... Yep my VPN's work fine on your server mate, both cyberghost and ipvanish on UDP...sorry.

Edited by Snuffs99

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

Yes I could connect to Jay2 just now without any troubleshooting

Somtimes ill forget that ive left my VPN when ive finished using it and the only time i've had trouble connecting to a server its usually the silent server's that would ban me straight away but as soon as u turn it off its fine and just reconnect.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, DrSpreadem said:

Somtimes ill forget that ive left my VPN when ive finished using it and the only time i've had trouble connecting to a server its usually the silent server's that would ban me straight away but as soon as u turn it off its fine and just reconnect.

can u pls PM me your proxy IP's ? u should get ban message on all servers and not just silent1. - Thanks

DD ive stop using it now and just use browser ad on for VPN the one i was using at the time was Hotspot shield, the browser add on i now use is Touch VPN so i dont think this add on has any affect when connecting to servers ill ask an admin when im on to do !fi and see what my i.p is.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
34 minutes ago, JirenTV said:

I still have not understood why you can not use VPN

You dont want people "unbanning" themselves by changing IPs

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, JirenTV said:

address mac and etkey are not enough to establish who it is?

Etkey is extremely simple to change, mac spoofing is also a thing. Its just to make it more difficult. Do you have a good reason to want to play on a VPN?

6 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

You dont want people "unbanning" themselves by changing IPs

I must admit i too was curious as to why VPN's were banned and figured it was something to do with changing IP's after a ban......However given that 99% of ISP's use dynamic IP addresses its a tad pointless banning VPN's to prevent IP ban circumvention as a hacker can simply turn their router off for a few min and will be given a new IP by their ISP anyway when they turn it back on.

Keeping on top of VPN addresses isn't an easy thing to do either, if the likes of Netflix/hula/directTV/BBC and ITV etc etc can't really block them all then its doubtful FA would be able to do what they cant.

Banning Proxy servers is one thing but to ban a VPN and all its servers around the globe is another, other than showing a different IP the two are very different things.

My tuppence.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
56 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I must admit i too was curious as to why VPN's were banned and figured it was something to do with changing IP's after a ban......However given that 99% of ISP's use dynamic IP addresses its a tad pointless banning VPN's to prevent IP ban circumvention as a hacker can simply turn their router off for a few min and will be given a new IP by their ISP anyway when they turn it back on.

Keeping on top of VPN addresses isn't an easy thing to do either, if the likes of Netflix/hula/directTV/BBC and ITV etc etc can't really block them all then its doubtful FA would be able to do what they cant.

Banning Proxy servers is one thing but to ban a VPN and all its servers around the globe is another, other than showing a different IP the two are very different things.

My tuppence.

Could be that there are more reasons or even a completely different one than the one I mentioned. However arent most VPN IPs based on the router IP thus sharing the same iprange?