COD4 Server New Suggestion

racingmax53

After playing on the server for a few days. I notice one blaring issue on the server. And that is the sheer amount of people randomly firing through walls most notably on maps like Vacant and Killhouse. I really enjoy playing on the server but I fine the "randomly shooting through walls" pretty annoying considering how much that is taking away from the true gameplay. I maybe alone on this. I feel that adding a rule along the lines of "you can only shoot through walls if you have seen the enemy behind the wall, and once they are dead you cannot continue firing wait until you see another person behind that wall to shoot through it again".

While playing a round of Killhouse, I mentioned in chat that it was silly and not the way the game is meant to be played. A lot agreed and about two people said they didn't care how it was supposed to be played, or argued that those maps are meant to have people randomly shooting through walls.  

I truly love this game, and want the community to have as much fun as possible as a whole.

EDIT:

I'd love to hear the community's opinion on this issue.

Edited by racingmax53
Adding the bottom line

Hi there!

Thank you for your suggestion and welcome to our forums! I'm sorry that you ran into folks that detracted from your gaming experience.

While I'm not a part of the CoD side of our clan, as a general rule we expect players to contribute to actual gameplay and ask folks to join spectators if they dislike a map rather than "messing around" (such as randomly shooting, pushing, nade switching, etc- which we frown upon) as it detracts from a good gaming experience.

You can find our CoD4 server rules here. While it doesn't mention this particular situation verbatim, it is touched upon under rule 2. We hope that people can use examples to make generalizations, but unfortunately this doesn't work for everyone. I will see what can be done to make this a little more specific.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your suggestion- the next time you run into people doing this, I welcome you to report it here with the name of the player, time it occurred (with timezone please) and the server it occurred on. This will help us to prevent these situations from occurring in the future.

Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful day!

@Xernicus Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding this topic. I am over the moon to hear that this is not acceptable on the servers. Would the best way of dealing with this issue be, to record clips of people doing it and report it in the "complaint section" of the forums? I just want to make sure I deal with the issue in the correct manner.

I know the rules prohibit confronting these people. I was to make sure the game is as fun to play now as it was when it came out. 

I really do appreciate you getting in touch with me regarding this suggestion/ issue. 

@daredevil  I'm sorry but you seemed to have missed what I said about people actually seeing the person they are firing at.  I said that if you have seen the person there then you should by all means fire at them, even through walls. But if you are just randomly shooting through a wall on the off chance that someone is there, that is not beneficial gameplay.  

Your question of "how can we block it" applies to most of the rules on the servers, right? How can we block people from nade switching, how can we stop people from harassing other players. I mean the list goes on. All that can be done is enforcing these rules. 

It isn't hard to randomly shoot through to the other side's spawn in a hope to kill enemies. All that does is take away from the gameplay. 

Some servers ban walling. It is difficult to enforce. Unfortunately it is a part of COD4. People that have played the game for a long time know the spawn and choke points and direct their fire there. If you are interested in helping us out I might suggest applying for membership and becoming a server admin. We could use the help!

Edited by Shoes
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Shoes said:

Some servers ban walling. It is difficult to enforce. Unfortunately it is a part of COD4. People that have played the game for a long time know the spawn and choke points and direct their fire there. If you are interested in helping us out I might suggest applying for membership and becoming a server admin. We could use the help!

In addition to what he said, not allowing people to just randomly fire through walls would be almost impossible to enforce. People are gonna do whatever they can do get a kill, such as spraying through the walls with an RPD on killhouse. Although it is annoying, there's nothing we can do about it. Although I do like the idea, it just simply wouldn't work due to the amount of new players we get, as well as people's unwillingness to care for it.

However, I truly appreciate you coming to our forums and making a formal post. We don't see that a whole lot from our COD players.

That being said, if you are interested in applying to become a server admin, feel free to apply here: https://fearless-assassins.com/forum/184-applications-join-us/ and the format is here: https://fearless-assassins.com/announcement/4-cod4-how-to-joinapply-for-fearless-assassins-fa-community/ 

If you've got any questions, feel free to contact any of us.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Actually anything is possible, as long as we have access to the map packs and or game source code anything is modifiable.  We can either write it into the FMJ attachment, or place some code on specific wall types to prevent penetration.  I would suggest doing this at least for spawn areas and if a script is built to prevent it maybe adding it to the thick concrete walls that are on some of the levels.  One way or another it should be possible.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cit0 said:

Actually anything is possible, as long as we have access to the map packs and or game source code anything is modifiable.  We can either write it into the FMJ attachment, or place some code on specific wall types to prevent penetration.  I would suggest doing this at least for spawn areas and if a script is built to prevent it maybe adding it to the thick concrete walls that are on some of the levels.  One way or another it should be possible.

Give it a try, I will wait for your final out come bud.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, daredevil said:

Give it a try, I will wait for your final out come bud.

I'll give it a shot, of course no guarantees and will need some assistance if possible.

8 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

Errrrr Im not an expert on CoD4 but wouldnt the easiest solution be to ban the Deep Impact perk?

Like shoes said above, it might help a little, but no matter what perks you use, you can still spray through walls.

Edited by Sonofdoc

Can someone show me some SS of walls that are penetrable and which ones are not?  Or is it any wall is penetrable?

I don't have COD4 yet so I could use the assistance there.  Maybe some SS of the scripts on the wall types would be nice as well, or it could be in the main source code for walls in a script array.  It could look something like penetrationcount, surfacedepth, and maybe the bulletfireparameter is what im looking for.

Let me know and i will have a look

On 11/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, Cit0 said:

Can someone show me some SS of walls that are penetrable and which ones are not?  Or is it any wall is penetrable?

I don't have COD4 yet so I could use the assistance there.  Maybe some SS of the scripts on the wall types would be nice as well, or it could be in the main source code for walls in a script array.  It could look something like penetrationcount, surfacedepth, and maybe the bulletfireparameter is what im looking for.

Let me know and i will have a look

All walls are penetratable.