fps drops on jay1

Avagantamos

• Administrators

Still logs of bogus cvars in your config.l Use 'set' instead of seta.

g_xxx = all those are server variables. I have said many times - only add what you need in config. 

Doesn't kresti use a dark config with bright players?  I brighter config will have more fps.

You have some cvars outside of their allowed range as well like r_mapoverbrightbits 5.  You can only use 0/1.  There's also some like r_subdivisions 4 which will eat more fps than their default setting of 20 or 50 (I forget the default value). Set this to 999 for best performance.

Last and most importantly from my quick look at your config is r_finish 1.  This is similar to vsync which you should have off and could be the main cause of your fps loss.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 3:41 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

Have you seen this post for nVidia settings? 

yes and i have the settings turned off/on as mentioned in this post.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:43 PM, captnconcrete said:

\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "192" + set com_zoneMegs "64" + set com_soundMegs "160" do u have your target filled out correctly .these settings wont change in a cfg ..

is there alot people on when this happens i get horrid fps loss on full server my self.

u could try diff driver for your gpu.

i once had a ati card ..yrs ago  it had some cyalyst  crap messed my et up big time  theres settings in there u need turn off too.

i filled the target out and it didn't do anything ingame (i checked in the console if the settings changed).

i tried already a different driver.

sorry, but where do i have to change settings too?

On 11/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, CATGIRLS said:

Doesn't kresti use a dark config with bright players?  I brighter config will have more fps.

You have some cvars outside of their allowed range as well like r_mapoverbrightbits 5.  You can only use 0/1.  There's also some like r_subdivisions 4 which will eat more fps than their default setting of 20 or 50 (I forget the default value). Set this to 999 for best performance.

Last and most importantly from my quick look at your config is r_finish 1.  This is similar to vsync which you should have off and could be the main cause of your fps loss.

he might have changed it over the years. he gave it to me in 2015.

i fixed the cvars and it is still the same :@

you might want to take a look at the attachments. i am almost at the same spot but as you can see i have 75 fps while looking at the stairs and 125 while looking on the ground.

i am approximately three seconds away from wreaking havoc on my undergarments. if i manage to find my old graphics card again i will change it. i might as well buy a new pc when nothing helps ¯\ (ツ) /¯

75fps.jpg

125fps.jpg

Edited by Avagantamos

Can't really help with your FPS drops but I think its worth to mention that I dont experience them like you do with my system and its more or less just an slight upgrade of your graka,

following are my specs and I run the 1050 aswell but I have the TI version so 4GB ram instead of the 2 GB. The only time I expierience laggs besides obvious server laggs is when the announcer decides to speak... Srlsy if anyone knows how I can have the audio from the announcer (like "Dynamite planted" without having to go through a random freeze of  1-2 secs) I would be glad. To lazy to open a new post cause and only or maybe AAAAALLLWAAAYYSS happens when I am in a 1 on 1)

My System:
Win 8.1

Intel I5 2500k 3,3 Mhz / Oced to 4,3 Mhz

Nvidia GTX 1050 TI

RAM: 8 GB DDR 3

Motherboard: f***ed up to look it up right now... If necessary I can post/edit my post. Although IIrc I cant edit my post so gotta post it again.

If my cfg is demanded I can also post it later. Not sure who I copied it from and edited it from. Think the base was from Haru or Mouse cant remember cause I modified both of them when I ran them

Edit:

Looks like I can edit my post. System is for 125 FPS with some small drops to roughly 90FPS but that usually happens on Capuzzo and  Gold Rush last stage. So when ~50 ppl are on the same freaking spot. Not sure if thats related to the system or cause Wolf:ET isnt fond of that many players in the same area. Ping ~120 in the scoreboard

Edited by Th3N0ob3r
Forgot something

• 3 weeks later...

update 2

after changing my graphics card and RAM didn't help (the old RAM appears to be broken and doesn't work at all), i decided to buy a new PC ¯\ (ツ) /¯ . i am now able to play without FPS drops. the game feels a bit unsmooth now though.