fps drops on jay1

Avagantamos

hi,

whenever the server gets fuller (i think it starts at 14v14) i am experiencing a fluctuation of the fps. the fps go down to 50-80 at certain spots on every map (e.g. under the bridge on goldrush or near mountains on capuzzo) which makes the game unsmooth as hell and therefore unplayable.

it seems like that this only occurs on jay1 whereas the other servers are fine (silent, jay3).

setting the core priority to one core doesn't help,

r_primitives is set to 2,

i have the newest nvidia driver installed,

threaded optimization / triple buffering is off.

my specs are:

windows 7 64 bit

amd fx 8320

nvidia gtx 1050

8 gb ddr3

acer gn246hl 144 hz

thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by Avagantamos
  • 100 1

.. i had this happen to me ill go thru my cfg later c if i can help.

read whole convoy. start / control / power options set to performance! this helped me  an few others. hope it helps if it doesnt let me know.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Avagantamos said:

hi,

whenever the server gets fuller (i think it starts at 14v14) i am experiencing a fluctuation of the fps. the fps go down to 50-80 at certain spots on every map (e.g. under the bridge on goldrush or near mountains on capuzzo) which makes the game unsmooth as hell and therefore unplayable.

it seems like that this only occurs on jay1 whereas the other servers are fine (silent, jay3).

setting the core priority to one core doesn't help,

r_primitives is set to 2,

i have the newest nvidia driver installed,

threaded optimization / triple buffering is off.

my specs are:

windows 7 64 bit

amd fx 8320

nvidia gtx 1050

8 gb ddr3

acer gn246hl 144 hz

thanks in advance for any help!

What renderer are you using in your config? Send it over through PM if you like, I’ll take a look :) 

2 hours ago, Buckwild said:

You didn't mention motherboard...Did you install chipset drivers?

sorry, i have an asrock 970 pro3. tbh, i have no clue what chipset drivers are nor where i can find them :S

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

.. i had this happen to me ill go thru my cfg later c if i can help.

read whole convoy. start / control / power options set to performance! this helped me  an few others. hope it helps if it doesnt let me know.

i read the whole thread and made the changes + set the option to "performance". it didn't help.

48 minutes ago, Heaven:) said:

What renderer are you using in your config? Send it over through PM if you like, I’ll take a look :) 

thanks, check your pm.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Heaven:) said:

Why PM? Please share it in topic - so if someone in future has same issue, your replies or update would help others as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP

You may want to take a look at your CPU temps while your playing. When I had similar issues on my old computer, I replaced my thermal paste and cleaned each fan blade with a Q-Tip and alcohol, plus the cooling fins on my CPU Cooler and it was an immediate improvement.  The most shocking was the amount of dust deep in those cooling fins.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You may want to take a look at your CPU temps while your playing. When I had similar issues on my old computer, I replaced my thermal paste and cleaned each fan blade with a Q-Tip and alcohol, plus the cooling fins on my CPU Cooler and it was an immediate improvement.  The most shocking was the amount of dust deep in those cooling fins.

100% in agreement. My laptop goes from 120 FPS to 30 FPS in 30 mins of playing ET because of messed up heating issue.

• Like 3

• Leader

When I built this system, which I thought that I would be over-clocking, I installed a program called SpeedFan, which lets me see various system temperatures and control the fans.  There are other programs which will report system temps, too.

(I discovered after I had assembled this system that the expensive 6-core CPU that I had bought was 'locked'. Ha, Ha at myself ! :D  Sellers still want $800+ for unused X-versions of it! :o I removed 1 of the 2 fans from the liquid-cooling kit because they were it was so damned loud.  I installed a fan-controller device in an external bay and usually have the speed of the remaining fan at about 40%, depending on ambient temps in this room. )

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, daredevil said:

100% in agreement. My laptop goes from 120 FPS to 30 FPS in 30 mins of playing ET because of messed up heating issue.

Same here, I just play a couple maps and try and let it cool.  And Hipkat is crazy right about redoing the thermal paste big time helps 🤠👍

• Like 2

• Leader
15 minutes ago, Cit0 said:

Hipkat is crazy right about redoing the thermal paste big time helps 🤠👍

That reminds me of a job I had where the boss asked me to trouble-shoot the PC controlling an ink-mixer.  It would not boot, no matter what I did in the BIOS or whatever.  I then realized it was locking up at about 30 seconds each time and might be doing an auto-power-off from overheating.  We opened the case and found that the top screw holding the CPU onto the mobo had fallen out and the CPU was hanging at about 60 degrees. (It was a printing company and the presses made a lot of vibrations.) The Boss wanted to just reconnect the screw, but I said that it needed a new layer of silicone paste.  I told him, "someone will have to go to the store tomorrow" (it was 2300 on night-shift).  He said, "nah" and got some plumbers' silicone and used that. :o I did at least get him to clean off the old stuff, but with 'industrial alcohol'...

• Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

4 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

That reminds me of a job I had where the boss asked me to trouble-shoot the PC controlling an ink-mixer.  It would not boot, no matter what I did in the BIOS or whatever.  I then realized it was locking up at about 30 seconds each time and might be doing an auto-power-off from overheating.  We opened the case and found that the top screw holding the CPU onto the mobo had fallen out and the CPU was hanging at about 60 degrees. (It was a printing company and the presses made a lot of vibrations.) The Boss wanted to just reconnect the screw, but I said that it needed a new layer of silicone paste.  I told him, "someone will have to go to the store tomorrow" (it was 2300 on night-shift).  He said, "nah" and got some plumbers' silicone and used that. :o I did at least get him to clean off the old stuff, but with 'industrial alcohol'...

Ya I can’t even count how many workstations we had go down out there in the desert 🌵 due to over heating, and of course sand.  Laptops were dropping crazy fast.  Changing the thermal paste became the norm way to often.  Oh lol and my old Xbox lasted way longer out there then my ps2 did.

Did a DVD come with the motherboard?

If not:

asrock.com
Download:Select your Operating System

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/970 Pro3/index.asp#Download

(Note: See if motherboard has version number R2.0 )

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 Pro3 R2.0/index.us.asp#Download

Install motherboard chipset all-in one drivers, Restart computer...

Windows may have installed video drivers(ok)
Install video card drivers for Product Type: Geforce GTX 1050

Operating System:

Restart.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Edited by Buckwild
correction
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Krepox said:

Nice to see that you still play Ava!

Mostly the drop is because there are too many players in one server. Plus the arty, rifle, nades, landmines and support fire spam. 

landmines are 30 max and in few maps even less. artillery is 1 per min - lowest you can go.  May be for once, I will set up jay1 temp for few hrs on US machine and see how it goes. 

• Like 1