happy halloween!

AzkaL101

Hello! I didn't know where to post this but i was wondering what was your most memorable halloween story? Any favorite candy, costume, party or haunted house you'd like to share? 

Mine happened in 6th grade when we had a haunted house at our school gymnasium. A group of us were going through it when we passed through a scene from an operation room. The 'doctor' was in scrubs and was fishing through the patient on the OR table. She pulled out 'guts' which was really just spaghetti but one of the girls in our group got really nauseous and threw up on the floor. Crazyyyy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the town I used to live in, the Fire Department would dress up the Fire House as a haunted house.  They had chainsaws with no chains revving up to scare people.  Pitch black darkness with bowls of eyes (peeled grapes) and hearts (strawberries) and guts (noodles) you could touch.  People still as statues that you would walk past and they would start following you to scare you.  It was truly creepy.  They also had an xray machine so they could make sure your candy was safe so it was always the place to go each year regardless.  

My favorite candy : Chunky Bar (chocolate, peanuts, raisins) you can't find them anymore hardly.

Favorite costume : I went as a Caveman with a big wig on and let my beard grow out.  I had animal pelts as a toga and I carried a wooden club.  If anyone talked to me I just grunted at them :)  ugh!  oof!  nuk nuk!  BASH!  

This year: My neighbor is a jerk.  He never mows his lawn.  His dogs bark all hours of the night and they escape and run the neighborhood.  And...  This year he left his front porch light on.  Big NO-NO if you don't have candy.  Common respect is if you aren't giving out candy, turn your lights off so people don't go to the house.  So, the neighborhood kids got mad and toilet papered his evergreen trees.  So yeah, that's not coming out for a long time.  Lets add the fact its been snowing so its all wet and stuck in the tree now.  Plus evergreens tear you up when you mess with them so, yeah...  Karma got him this year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive never heard of chunky bar but ill look for it; raisinets (sp?) are top three candies for me so that sounds really good. Awesome cavemen costume! halloween is my favorite holiday bc people show their creative side!

• Leader
On 10/31/2018 at 6:07 PM, AzkaL101 said:

I didn't know where to post this but...

Your only other choices would have been

Recreational Activities|Food and Drink
General Discussion     |The Lounge

But considering all the time that some people spend on costumes, spooky displays/haunted houses, etc., I think that this post qualifies for the Hobby section!  :D  

Costumes such as those shown in DJ's Pic of the Day | Halloween special

This one makes me think that someone's Granny doing a LOT of crocheting! (click DJ link to see original size :D )

rfa5lbiy.jpg

(or click the pic to see it even larger than DJ's ! 😮 )

Edited by RedBaird
or click the pic
  • Like 1