Jump to content
  • 0
Dest!Ny

jitter Mouse jitter/lag after alt+enter

Question

Hello!

 

Recently I have noticed something strange going on when I'm on jay1 (haven't seen it happen elsewhere but it seems possible to happen wherever)

 

Sometimes when I use Alt+enter to switch to discord or chrome etc my mouse starts to jitter and lag ingame. Trying alt+enter again to go fullscreen again doesnt fix the issue, I need to restart the whole game. The jitter that occurs happens continuously and makes me lose roughly 40% of my mousemovement (measured). Has anyone had anything similar before?

 

Maybe it is my imagination but it feels like it started when jay1 started experiencing serverlags and ddos attacks (seemingly). I don't know if that could possibly be connected to my issue but it feels like both issues started happening around the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
32 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Hello!

 

Recently I have noticed something strange going on when I'm on jay1 (haven't seen it happen elsewhere but it seems possible to happen wherever)

 

Sometimes when I use Alt+enter to switch to discord or chrome etc my mouse starts to jitter and lag ingame. Trying alt+enter again to go fullscreen again doesnt fix the issue, I need to restart the whole game. The jitter that occurs happens continuously and makes me lose roughly 40% of my mousemovement (measured). Has anyone had anything similar before?

 

Maybe it is my imagination but it feels like it started when jay1 started experiencing serverlags and ddos attacks (seemingly). I don't know if that could possibly be connected to my issue but it feels like both issues started happening around the same time.

Sometimes when i use alt+enter it changes my monitor's refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz for some reason. Maybe check that first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

/vid_restart?

 

My cfg has vid restart in it, tried reloading my cfg and that did not work

 

1 hour ago, Bunnny said:

Sometimes when i use alt+enter it changes my monitor's refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz for some reason. Maybe check that first

 

My refresh rate is and should be 60. Don't in my case this would casue the problem

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't have a fix but I use Minimizer 2.0 with good results...It doesn't work with Win 10.

Minimizer 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Buckwild said:

I don't have a fix but I use Minimizer 2.0 with good results...It doesn't work with Win 10.

Minimizer 2.0

 

not working on win10 is a no no for me but ty for the advice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We have three ET minimizers in the downloads section.  I use Tonka's version, which seems to have been duplicated into two posts.  It works fine for me in Windows 7 and 10.  https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q=Minimizer &type=downloads_file

 

I have occasionally had a background program take (or keep after return from minimization) the mouse focus, but in that case a pointer will appear in the center of the ET screen and keep moving back to center as I try to move it.  I just have to click a button to take the focus back.

 

 

Edited by RedBaird
take the focus back.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

We have three ET minimizers in the downloads section.  I use Tonka's version, which seems to have been duplicated into two posts.  It works fine for me in Windows 7 and 10.  https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q=Minimizer &type=downloads_file

 

I have occasionally had a background program take (or keep after return from minimization) the mouse focus, but in that case a pointer will appear in the center of the ET screen and keep moving back to center as I try to move it.  I just have to click a button to take the focus back.

 

 

 

Will check it out tomorrow, thank you very much!

 

I'm also aware of the pointer problem with ghost overlays. I can assure you that's not the issue I'm having :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

ghost overlays. I can assure you that's not the issue I'm having

Just thought that I would mention it for others.  :offtopic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I know it sucks, but can you do reconnect instead of restarting the game? That would be faster

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I know it sucks, but can you do reconnect instead of restarting the game? That would be faster

 

Doesn't fix the issue

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have the same problem when I get messages off steam, Discord or teamspeak. 

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The Discord desktop application is actually a contained "hidden" Chrome browser (it's developed using Electron JS).  If that's what you're using and also using Chrome at the same time, it could be that your issue is due to the "Hardware Acceleration" being enabled in both Discord app and Chrome.  Try to disable the option in both software and see if it makes a difference.

 

In the Discord app, it's under Settings -> Appearance -> Hardware Acceleration.

In Chrome, it's under Settings -> Use hardware acceleration when available.

 

Make sure to restart both application after you disable those options.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I had it too before, I pressed once ctrl+alt+del or ctrl+shift+esc

I just opened the Task Manager and then I closed it again. Afer that my mouse was ok.

I use Win 10

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, valkej said:

I have the same problem when I get messages off steam, Discord or teamspeak. 

:offtopic We need a chin-scratching notification reaction icon!

Edited by RedBaird
+reaction
  • 100 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Try turning off vertical sync if you have it in your graphics options ;) 

 

An hello every one finally got google login to work

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About Us

We are glad you decided to stop by our website and servers. At Fearless Assassins Gaming Community (=F|A=) we strive to bring you the best gaming experience possible. With helpful admins, custom maps and good server regulars your gaming experience should be grand! We love to have fun by playing online games especially W:ET, Call of Duty Series, Counter Strike: Series, Minecraft, Insurgency, DOI, Sandstorm, RUST, Team Fortress Series & Battlefield Series and if you like to do same then join us! Here, you can make worldwide friends while enjoying the game. Anyone from any race and country speaking any language can join our Discord and gaming servers. We have clan members from US, Canada, Europe, Sri Lanka, India, Japan, Australia, Brazil, UK, Austria, Poland, Finland, Turkey, Russia, Finland, Germany and many other countries. It doesn't matter how much good you are in the game or how much good English you speak. We believe in making new friends from all over the world. If you want to have fun and want to make new friends join up our gaming servers and our VoIP servers any day and at any time. At =F|A= we are all players first and then admins when someone needs our help or support on server.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.