Mouse jitter/lag after alt+enter

Dest!Ny

• Platinum VIP

Hello!

Recently I have noticed something strange going on when I'm on jay1 (haven't seen it happen elsewhere but it seems possible to happen wherever)

Sometimes when I use Alt+enter to switch to discord or chrome etc my mouse starts to jitter and lag ingame. Trying alt+enter again to go fullscreen again doesnt fix the issue, I need to restart the whole game. The jitter that occurs happens continuously and makes me lose roughly 40% of my mousemovement (measured). Has anyone had anything similar before?

Maybe it is my imagination but it feels like it started when jay1 started experiencing serverlags and ddos attacks (seemingly). I don't know if that could possibly be connected to my issue but it feels like both issues started happening around the same time.

32 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Hello!

Recently I have noticed something strange going on when I'm on jay1 (haven't seen it happen elsewhere but it seems possible to happen wherever)

Sometimes when I use Alt+enter to switch to discord or chrome etc my mouse starts to jitter and lag ingame. Trying alt+enter again to go fullscreen again doesnt fix the issue, I need to restart the whole game. The jitter that occurs happens continuously and makes me lose roughly 40% of my mousemovement (measured). Has anyone had anything similar before?

Maybe it is my imagination but it feels like it started when jay1 started experiencing serverlags and ddos attacks (seemingly). I don't know if that could possibly be connected to my issue but it feels like both issues started happening around the same time.

Sometimes when i use alt+enter it changes my monitor's refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz for some reason. Maybe check that first

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

/vid_restart?

My cfg has vid restart in it, tried reloading my cfg and that did not work

1 hour ago, Bunnny said:

Sometimes when i use alt+enter it changes my monitor's refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz for some reason. Maybe check that first

My refresh rate is and should be 60. Don't in my case this would casue the problem

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Buckwild said:

I don't have a fix but I use Minimizer 2.0 with good results...It doesn't work with Win 10.

Minimizer 2.0

not working on win10 is a no no for me but ty for the advice :)

• Leader

We have three ET minimizers in the downloads section.  I use Tonka's version, which seems to have been duplicated into two posts.  It works fine for me in Windows 7 and 10.  https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q=Minimizer &type=downloads_file

I have occasionally had a background program take (or keep after return from minimization) the mouse focus, but in that case a pointer will appear in the center of the ET screen and keep moving back to center as I try to move it.  I just have to click a button to take the focus back.

Edited by RedBaird
take the focus back.
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
14 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

We have three ET minimizers in the downloads section.  I use Tonka's version, which seems to have been duplicated into two posts.  It works fine for me in Windows 7 and 10.  https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q=Minimizer &type=downloads_file

I have occasionally had a background program take (or keep after return from minimization) the mouse focus, but in that case a pointer will appear in the center of the ET screen and keep moving back to center as I try to move it.  I just have to click a button to take the focus back.

Will check it out tomorrow, thank you very much!

I'm also aware of the pointer problem with ghost overlays. I can assure you that's not the issue I'm having :)

• Like 1

• Leader
7 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

ghost overlays. I can assure you that's not the issue I'm having

Just thought that I would mention it for others.  :offtopic

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I know it sucks, but can you do reconnect instead of restarting the game? That would be faster

Doesn't fix the issue

• Sad 1

The Discord desktop application is actually a contained "hidden" Chrome browser (it's developed using Electron JS).  If that's what you're using and also using Chrome at the same time, it could be that your issue is due to the "Hardware Acceleration" being enabled in both Discord app and Chrome.  Try to disable the option in both software and see if it makes a difference.

In the Discord app, it's under Settings -> Appearance -> Hardware Acceleration.

In Chrome, it's under Settings -> Use hardware acceleration when available.

Make sure to restart both application after you disable those options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had it too before, I pressed once ctrl+alt+del or ctrl+shift+esc

I just opened the Task Manager and then I closed it again. Afer that my mouse was ok.

I use Win 10

• Thanks 1

• Leader
On 10/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, valkej said:

I have the same problem when I get messages off steam, Discord or teamspeak. 

:offtopic We need a chin-scratching notification reaction icon!

Edited by RedBaird
+reaction
  • 100 1