ET Server Suggestion Change Hardcore to Rotation

Mufasa

Oky, its going to be voting then. Why not to increase intermission time to 2 min, except when >75% have pressed Ready. When ppl have to hit Ready, maybe they notice to vote;)

Taking maps out on certain amount of players makes sense when doing rotation...

25 minutes ago, Vanaraud said:

Taking maps out on certain amount of players makes sense when doing rotation...

I think it still makes sense with map voting too. No one ever considers the number of players when voting. At least with some of them removed for certain player counts, it'll be more reasonable sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 11/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, Mufasa said:

I mostly like Aniky's suggestions. I would make a few modifications:

caen2 8-28

et_village 8-28

bremen 8-28

snatch3 13-24

et_beach 13-24

What's issue with beach playing 6 vs 6? 1 sniping, 2 rambos, 1 field op and 2 engi?  Just trying to figure out - 

Do note - below stuff goes in config strings, so I can't create a lot of more sub options ex - 0-6, 6-12, 12-18, etc etc. Trying to strike a balance but if one more is required to have absolute balance, we can do it. I picked 6 vs 6 +1 in spec as a base. 

I considered all the suggestions posted so far - and came up with below ones to make happier both sides. Open for feedback. Also map voting is back to 3 maps since less maps would be available when below 13 players.

Will also enable map stats like we have on jaymods, now so i can figure out which maps are at odds against allies or axis and we can tweak spawn points, spawn times for those maps, other settings, etc to make it more balanced.

[players 0-13]
set g_excludedMaps ":oasis:goldrush:battery:fueldump:railgun:warbell:sw_cathedral_b7:missile_b3:et_mor2_night_final:fa_italy_b1:venice_ne4:"
[players 14-19]
set g_excludedMaps ":oasis:goldrush:battery:fueldump:venice_ne4:"
[players 20-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":oasis:goldrush:battery:fueldump:"
[/players]

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

What's issue with beach playing 6 vs 6?

6v6 or even 5v5 is probably reasonable. 6v6/5v5 is reasonable on Snatch too. Logic behind it was that there will always be some specs when it's so few players on the server, so at 13 minimum you would hopefully have close to 6v6.

The minimum isn't as important as the maximum to me though. Above 24 players and beach becomes really broken. Maybe one more category for exclusions from 24-*? Could add tc_base, reactor_final, et_ice, et_beach to it.

Edited by Mufasa

I would probably say keep beach and radar off full server, both maps are horrible in terms of attacking when server is completely full, specially with all the spam u get from arty, panzer and rifles. Prolly best to keep it to like  top 24. Radar really depends on how even teams are, a bit of inbalance and either CP way or main way is near to impossible to attack for allies.

Edited by Aniky

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Aniky said:

I would probably say keep beach and radar off full server, both maps are horrible in terms of attacking when server is completely full, specially with all the spam u get from arty, panzer and rifles. Prolly best to keep it to like  top 24. Radar really depends on how even teams are, a bit of inbalance and either CP way or main way is near to impossible to attack for allies.

on beach artillery is crazy low i.e. once called i believe another one at 45 sec? That's like 3 spawn intervals appx. panzer is just 1 in all maps. Same with Radar i think. 

Well if teams are stacked - any given map will be fucked in next 5 sec :P

Just trying to figure is it really worth blocking maps when HC just have 30 maps in total? I mean map i have added in past few months, it was like OMG OMG OMG not good map. That's not what it used to be last year. Fun maps where always welcome on HC so far but last year, i have noticed drastic changes in HC players mindset. 

1 minute ago, daredevil said:

on beach artillery is crazy low i.e. once called i believe another one at 45 sec? That's like 3 spawn intervals appx. panzer is just 1 in all maps. Same with Radar i think. 

Well if teams are stacked - any given map will be f***ed in next 5 sec :P

Just trying to figure is it really worth blocking maps when HC just have 30 maps in total? I mean map i have added in past few months, it was like OMG OMG OMG not good map. That's not what it used to be last year. Fun maps where always welcome on HC so far but last year, i have noticed drastic changes in HC players mindset. 

These are all biased opinions anyway.  I never feel there is too much arty unless someone bad is Taking with it - but that's a whole other issue. 

Beach is a well enjoyed map on HC.  Noone complains and it's always a good match whoever wins / loses. 

Radar is great but team balance is critical.  If admins are doing their job no issue there. 

Beach and radar are maps that are played and liked. So i dont think we should get rid of those.

Gengis

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, Chuckun said:

These are all biased opinions anyway.  I never feel there is too much arty unless someone bad is Taking with it - but that's a whole other issue. 

Beach is a well enjoyed map on HC.  Noone complains and it's always a good match whoever wins / loses. 

Radar is great but team balance is critical.  If admins are doing their job no issue there. 

Problem with beach is this: Allies' side entrance leads to the middle of axis spawn. Allies' top entrance is a long ladder which is like the worst way to entry because you cant shoot from a ladder. And allies' main entrance is a pretty long and weak to spam "corridor". Under most circumstances beach is fine but if enough axis use the forward spawn right in front of the allies' main entrance the map becomes extremely unbalanced favoring the axis

Problem with radar is that as allies your entry points are extremely in the open. If you take the main entrance you are visible from an uncountable amount of positions, some of which are pretty hard to counter and you have the new stream of axis coming in from side spawn every 18 seconds. The CP is a little better but also has its flaws mostly due to the garage roof which is an extremely powerful position for axis. Even if you jump towards fake radar you can get killed by the people camping there. I personally don't think radar is much of an issue but it can feel really unbalanced while on paper the teams should be even.

• Administrators

@Smileyyy - Something for radar can be done? I would like to have day version as night version makes my eyes bleed and those grass and fog stuff - i think that's FPS killer. Possible to balance it up a bit if you have some free time?  btw can you please create basic tutorial on how to start mapping? I believe lot's of folks here, who have time and ideas, can create their own maps and fixes. It would be beneficial for community.  Thanks!

@Dest!Ny - I understand your issues. Possible to share possible balancing map changes? i.e. if this is changed from here to their - it can help to balance out game play. Please create new topic for it and if those changes are good, smiley or anyone can work on it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daredevil said:

@Smileyyy - Something for radar can be done? I would like to have day version as night version makes my eyes bleed and those grass and fog stuff - i think that's FPS killer. Possible to balance it up a bit if you have some free time? btw can you please create basic tutorial on how to start mapping? I believe lot's of folks here, who have time and ideas, can create their own maps and fixes. It would be beneficial for community. Thanks!

Will do for sure, I have been busy with my school exams and will be for comming 2 weeks aswell. After that I'll for sure start on it. I have been working closely with cito because he has shown great interest in mapping. If anyone is interested in editing maps feel free to contact me, I will help out for sure and share my knowledge. I could make tutorials but there are so many things to learn and would take ages to make a tutorial on every single thing out there. What cito does is message me if he needs help with a specific thing, then I explain it to him so he can progress, that's the way that seems most efficient. There is a written tutorial on the web that I used when I started mapping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

So, this is the reason why there are less maps to vote now?

I prefer having a lot of options from where to choose. :P

When there are many players, most maps are available to pick. Mostly its because when there are small numbers and big maps, it kills the server. Ex: 3v3 on Marrakech or italy is just not enjoyable. Hope that clears things up.

• Like 3