ET Server Suggestion Change Hardcore to Rotation

Mufasa

Big yes for a rotation:

1) when there are low nr of players, mostly they vote for millenium, italy, marra, venice. And the server stays empty for hours bc no1 will join up and play those maps as their first choice. Often I see even FA-s joining and then disconnecting after 2 secs. If those ppl who disconnect so quickly would all stay, the server would be full within 15 min.

2) No one even votes, last time I recall counting 7 people voting and server had 14 players. So 50% is a VERY high contributing to voting. Mostly it´s like 20%-30%.

I have started to spam: "VOTE" in every intermission. I helps a bit but not much.

As "pro" players don´t vote, Italy or Millenium gets voted which empties the server again.

3) People will play Oasis and Gold and some more maps, but they barely get voted. ~3 HC maps and then something different is a good formula I´ve noticed.

PS Don´t get it how people can say voting is a winning formula when barely 2-3 players are voting most of the time. Have you played in HC in last 6month or so?

Without me spamming " VOTE" all the time we would be playing Italy and Millenium exclusively. And this is not a notice from one time exaggeration, it´s almost always this way.

So longer intermission on rotation pls.

• Like 2

i honestly think the name hardcore and  taged as a =F|A= server probably does most of the work.

for me its the personality of the people i play with makes the best et games.. 

certain server settings attract certain kinds. u can always chat up the regulars. see what they would like.

but i think that census is already in .

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 10/24/2018 at 12:18 PM, Cumquat said:

Off topic,

Why is silent1 intermission lower than hardcore?

when i visit hardcore i always notice the wait is longer and thus i never forget to vote map.

on silent1 its easy to forget to vote.

In good old days - people will vote in 30 sec and want to play. So it was 35 seconds. Then people become lazy and HC wanted more time so it was increased. So far no one asked to increased time for silent 1 so it was never changed. 

People complained why sit for 60 sec doing nothing and hence it was 35. It started all from 60 seconds to 35 and then 45 :) Over the time players mentality changed. I have changed silent1 to 45 seconds. 

On 10/25/2018 at 7:54 AM, ALEJANDRO-ARG- said:

There is the possibility of voting map, and appear to vote again within 5-6 maps ?, perhaps it gives more chances to vote a map like Oasis

Yes, We used to have after 4 maps you can vote for same map again but then people complained and pushed the limit to where it is now. Just checked it's at 7. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, but a rotation of HC would also mean the deletion of some maps, or the HC maps/"Odd maps" (for lack of better terms) would be a rather low ratio and a lot of regulars might stop attending that server I think?

I've never cared much for having a billion different maps to choice between anyway. A selection of 12-20 maps is enough, but I know I'm one of few who thinks that :P

On 11/11/2018 at 2:25 PM, Flible said:

Hmm, but a rotation of HC would also mean the deletion of some maps, or the HC maps/"Odd maps" (for lack of better terms) would be a rather low ratio and a lot of regulars might stop attending that server I think?

I've never cared much for having a billion different maps to choice between anyway. A selection of 12-20 maps is enough, but I know I'm one of few who thinks that :P

Supply was yesterday 12 maps ago played, and guess what was voted for?:P You guessed right, it was Italy. And I was spamming for "VOTE FOR A MAP" in intermission.

Also I´ve been spamming "Vote" on every intermission and at most we´d get 50% players voting. That´s not happening once in a while, you can keep on eye out for it also. I´ve been counting the votes given vs players playing(not counting specs) for a month or two and always hitting the 30-50% ball park. Those not voting start usually to whine that how bad Italy actually was, it gets annoying also. Don´t be so lazy and make that ONE click and vote for "HC map" then. There´s usually at least 1 in a list, or at least SW Goldrush.

The fact is, ppl are just too lazy to vote. And those who vote, they so desperately want to play Italy. I used to love Italy but playing it in a 4vs4 is not that entertaining.

• Administrators
On 11/17/2018 at 7:19 AM, Vanaraud said:

The fact is, ppl are just too lazy to vote. And those who vote, they so desperately want to play Italy. I used to love Italy but playing it in a 4vs4 is not that entertaining.

I can do that - i can take some maps out of voting list all together when player count is XX or below. Let's do this - 

0 - 12

13 - 24

24- 28

Let me know which maps to keep for what player count. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 4:46 AM, daredevil said:

I can do that - i can take some maps out of voting list all together when player count is XX or below. Let's do this - 

0 - 12

13 - 24

24- 28

Let me know which maps to keep for what player count. 

I assume i could give u some input on the maps i actually played mostly or at least those which i would see fit for the amount of players best suited on pubs without making too much of a mess.

Warbell 13-28
Venice_ne4 13-28
TC Base   0-24
Siwa Oasis TE 13-28
SW_Goldrush_te 0-28
sw_cathedral_b7 13- 28
Snatch3 13-28
Pirates Finals 13-28
Wurzburg radar  0-28
C2 Missle B3 13-28
Frostbite 0-28
fa_italy_b1 13- 28
Marrakech streets 2 13-28
Ice 0-24
ET beach 0-28
Erdenberg 0-24
Sp_delivery_te 0-28
Supply 0-28
Reactor 0-24
Rail Gun 13-28
Bremen 13-28
et_village 0-24

adlernest 0-28

braundorf_b4 0-28

caen2 0-28

decay_b5 0-24

beerrun_b7 0-28

• Like 1

I'd like to slightly modify:

Venice_ne4 24-28
SW_Goldrush_te 13-28
sw_cathedral_b7 24- 28
Ice 13-24
ET beach 13-28
Reactor 0-13
decay_b5 13-28

beerrun_b7 13-28

Definitely remove smallest maps for 24-28 players count. Some of them are pure mess when there are 10vs10 or bigger teams...

So 0-24 would be:

braundorf_b4

Erdenberg

Sp_delivery_te

and perhaps supply

Besides, what Aniky posted seems ok, plus Snatch3 should have no limitations, it's great even for like 3vs3.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, ed_ said:
I'd like to slightly modify:

Venice_ne4 24-28
SW_Goldrush_te 13-28
sw_cathedral_b7 24- 28
Ice 13-24
ET beach 13-28
Reactor 0-13
decay_b5 13-28

beerrun_b7 13-28

Grush, ice and beach are a classic 3on3 ETPro maps, so i dont see an issue having it on lower slots here as well, whilist reactor is a 6on6 map and therefore suitable for up to 24 slots.

4 hours ago, Aniky said:

Grush, ice and beach are a classic 3on3 ETPro maps, so i dont see an issue having it on lower slots here as well, whilist reactor is a 6on6 map and therefore suitable for up to 24 slots.

I don't like maps ice, beach and reactor, so for me it doesn't matter. ;)
However, Goldrush with a small amount of people is just boring and playing with bots discourages others to stay on HC.

Update list:

Venice_ne4 24-28
SW_Goldrush_te 13-28
sw_cathedral_b7 24- 28
decay_b5 13-28

beerrun_b7 13-28

and as suggested by kajko:

braundorf_b4 0-24

Erdenberg - 0-24

Sp_delivery_te - 0-24