ET Server Suggestion Change Hardcore to Rotation

Mufasa

Yep, I mostly play when there are few people, when server starts filling it becomes a chaos.

6v6 is the sweet spot.

One of the reasons I changed to HC from Jay1 xD.

Nevermind, the good maps are still enabled when there is little population. :D

• Like 2

If i may to make a point here, i would say that put boundries for map selection yo avoid stacking would not be beneficial for HC server, simply because this game isnt that popular anymore.

So comparing what can be achieved and what can be lost due to this change i think that it might risk loosing more players, even though it would be more enjoyable for a fewer number of players.

• Platinum VIP
7 hours ago, FCC said:

If i may to make a point here, i would say that put boundries for map selection yo avoid stacking would not be beneficial for HC server, simply because this game isnt that popular anymore.

So comparing what can be achieved and what can be lost due to this change i think that it might risk loosing more players, even though it would be more enjoyable for a fewer number of players.

I am not exactly sure what you are saying. Before you I did not see anyone mentioning stacking as a cause of concern. Also I do not quite get what scenario could occur which makes someone want to leave the server due to this change, I would rather say the opposite is true for when you play a massive map with maybe 5 people online surely there will be even more people leaving the server.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
47 minutes ago, FCC said:

I think its not a good idea to limit the number of players due to the scarcity of new players. That was my point i tried to make.

That's not what is happening :). Maps are classified in 3 groups, at the end of the map the server checks how many people are online and decides which group of maps are allowed to be voted on. Meaning maps are the consequence of the amount of players, however the amount of players are never the consequence of the map

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

"^3Vote for the ^5next map! ^3Map voting is enabled"

Above message will be shown during intermission - Every 3 sec. Now even if players forget to vote - Can't make those lazy punks happy.  I mean seriously,  I have run out of ideas and if those lazy players whine, I don't care now. It's beyond laziness in my book. 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

15 hours ago, daredevil said:

"Above message will be shown during intermission - Every 3 sec. 

Terrible spam is now. It is impossible to write something, because in a moment the text will literally disappear. Extend the interval to 8-10 seconds.

• Administrators
Just now, ed_ said:
Terrible spam is now. It is impossible to write something, because in a moment the text will literally disappear. Extend the interval to 8-10 seconds.

That i can do - just wanted to get some attention from the players. How about once every 7 sec? So with 45 sec intermission - it will be displayed at least 6 times? 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, ed_ said:
Maybe it's better to set 50 seconds of intermission and interval of 8 seconds?

My apologies for giving you old information on intermission time. It's already on 50. 

2:59:15 PM:> g_intermissionTime
-------------------------------
"g_intermissionTime" is:"50" default:"60"

• Like 1

Also is it possible to use different colours that are more noticeable. Even when it was being spammed, it kinda got lost in the chat. Perhaps use uppercase: ^1REMINDER: VOTE FOR ^3NEXT ^1MAP!!

I feel with the translucent background of the chat during intermission, these colours + uppercase would be better.

reminder.jpg.2e2cd5e7b2ec71f5e8b75a32e796d882.jpg

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Also is it possible to use different colours that are more noticeable. Even when it was being spammed, it kinda got lost in the chat. Perhaps use uppercase: ^1REMINDER: VOTE FOR ^3NEXT ^1MAP!!

I feel with the translucent background of the chat during intermission, these colours + uppercase would be better.

reminder.jpg.2e2cd5e7b2ec71f5e8b75a32e796d882.jpg

Changed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it´s much better now, 3 secs was too low and too much spam.

haven´t seen a map played twice in a row at least- means 0 votes.

In HC some maps are played seriously and players like to check their stats and let some steam out by chatting, so imho it doesn´t have to have the lowest possible intermission time...

I guess 50s is enough for now, but maybe take into consideration to raise the intermission time? Not saying it has to be changed but I have the feeling it´s not enough in sometimes. In other hand warmup is too long? One doesn´t have anything better to do for 45s besides TK the hell out of teammates?

just my 2 cents

Anyways thanks for the changes DD ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Auto shuffle happens on 26th sec of warm up keeping in mind that some maps takes appx 5 to 15 sec for download. So players join - if they are part of auto shuffle - after shuffle they get another 10 sec at least to pick up their class. 

warm up is 40 secs :P

New changes - upon next server restart - let's see how it goes. 

shuffle on 20th sec - 

warm up is of 35 sec - at least 15 sec to allow players to select their class. 

I played few nights on HC - seriously i was like why in the world next map is not loading and i had to wait it out till the eternity of 50 sec was done. For me map was done, i selected my next map and then looked at my stats. 

• Like 1