Photography Amateur Photographer

Hi guys.

I've not been so regular at this forums as I wish, but I'm doing what I like, and I want to share them with you. I know there are a lot of good photographers in FA, so any kind of comment or advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks on andvanced.

large.DSC_0024.jpg.73e4edb6db8e89b4987d4

large.DSC_0048.jpg.99fe02470de443c8c22cf

large.DSC_0058-2.jpg.0686dc2dde8c0f7b9dd

Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 3

Great depth of field!
The first photo is amazing. You nailed it. Absolutely great job!

Second would've been nailed if the face was illuminated more imo. I'd say it's underexposed, but I think I see the effect you were going for. For cats, you can try treats and having tons of patience to get them in just the right spot. In any case, not a bad photo.

Sensitivity is too high for the third image- unfortunately, the blown out highlights are distracting. My eye is more drawn to the bright white than the cat's face.

For situations where you have both shadows and bright highlights like that (such as the sky), you could try exposure bracketing at like 1/3 stop (three shots) and merging the images to get a single HDR image.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

Great depth of field!
The first photo is amazing. You nailed it. Absolutely great job!

Second would've been nailed if the face was illuminated more imo. I'd say it's underexposed, but I think I see the effect you were going for. For cats, you can try treats and having tons of patience to get them in just the right spot. In any case, not a bad photo.

Sensitivity is too high for the third image- unfortunately, the blown out highlights are distracting. My eye is more drawn to the bright white than the cat's face.

For situations where you have both shadows and bright highlights like that (such as the sky), you could try exposure bracketing at like 1/3 stop (three shots) and merging the images to get a single HDR image.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you. :D Get it, that highlights.

• 10 months later...