level 1

lucasdm

yaw guys,

I used to have level 1 set on one of your servers (hardcore) which enabled me to actually respond to PMs...
I lost my ETKEY and therefor lost my level 1, i asked some members on server already but some of them told me to make a post here !

Cheers,

-=lucas=-

• Like 1

• Leader

I found the records for your old W:ET and S:ET GUIDs that are still in your profile.  They have a level 0 on HardCore and you had not played there for 41 days.  That would cause you to lose your XP there, since you did not re-visit within 30 days.

You seem to have a new IP from the same ISP and seem to have moved.

The records of your two sets of GUIDs show level 0 so I cannot find any evidence that you have had level 1.

If you have a ScreenShot of your XP when you had the old GUIDs, we might decide to restore your level 1.  You can PM it to me.

The FA Leadership will have to decide how to handle you case, which has some oddities.

@HardCore Admins, do any of you remember him having level 1, or over 20k xp or do you have any SS to support his story? 

• Like 1

• Leader
6 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Hey.

I'll be hanging around on silent (silent1, hc and beginners#2) servers often, so if you see me there, ask me for a level and I can give it to you.

Do you remember him?

@RendeL posted just as I was finishing my response.  :D

I just remembered, Rendel...we don't want to set him until he puts his new GUIDs into his profile, anyway.  

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Do you remember him?

@RendeL posted just as I was finishing my response.  :D

I just remembered, Rendel...we don't want to set him until he puts his new GUIDs into his profile, anyway.  

No I dont remember him, but since it is lvl 1 we are talking about here, I didn't think it'd be an issue....unless...will do the searhing more.

• Leader
2 minutes ago, RendeL said:

No I dont remember him, but since it is lvl 1 we are talking about here, I didn't think it'd be an issue....unless...will do the searhing more.

No, it is not a 'big issue', but I just don't want to be scammed.  :D My years in FA have made me suspicious.  :lol_2:

ADDED: but @lucasdm does need to fix the GUIDs in his profile.

Edited by RedBaird
added thought
  • Like 2

lol the f*** is this
ill just get the 20k again if it really is such a hassle to be able to PM people
i did have level 1 and i wouldnt lie about something like that but then again im just some random guy on the internet

cheers,

-=lucas=-

Lucas definitely had more than 20k xp at one point and im positive he had level 1 before. Level 1 on Hardcore isn't a big deal and if i can recall correctly, Lucas has never really caused any problems on the server. 

@lucasdm Patience mate. People here that aren't familiar with you just want to make sure they aren't giving levels to random people. However, I can vouch for you, i hope thats enough to grant level 1.

I autorecord all my matches, so if its really necessary, i could possibly find a demo where hes on HC and grab a screenshot. This would take some time though.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
6 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

Lucas definitely had more than 20k xp at one point and im positive he had level 1 before. Level 1 on Hardcore isn't a big deal and if i can recall correctly, Lucas has never really caused any problems on the server. 

@lucasdm Patience mate. People here that aren't familiar with you just want to make sure they aren't giving levels to random people. However, I can vouch for you, i hope thats enough to grant level 1.

I autorecord all my matches, so if its really necessary, i could possibly find a demo where hes on HC and grab a screenshot. This would take some time though.

Thanks @CheepHeep , an SS is not necessary.  I just wanted some kind of confirmation.  His various server records looked a little "strange" to me.  :D

I will have to ask our Silent-mod-Gurus what happens to someone's level when they have been gone 44 days and their xp was deleted.  Does their level 1 get removed from their old guids? I saw level 0 on the old GUIDs for @lucasdm .   Level 1s might be treated differently from clan-member levels... So many questions...

BTW, in Silent Mod, it is the Silent GUID that is used to store your XP and Admin Levels.  It is wise to save your etkey and silent.dat files somewhere off of your main computer.  Floppy discs and Zip-drives are good for that.  👴

=lucas= now has level 1 on HC. 

His old S:ET on Silent#1 shows level 0 and he has not visited the server yet with the new GUIDs.

@lucasdm , you really should put your new GUIDs into your profile.  FA has your new ones "on the record", but you really should fix that problem.

BTW, say hello to "Wemos" for me!  

I just received confirmation from an FA Staff-member who says that clan-members can also lose their admin levels if they are gone for more than 30 days from a silent server.

That means that LucasDM having level 0 on his old GUIDs is normal for Silent mod.  That was part of my "WTF?" about the server records.  :D

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I've always wondered the same thing. I never heard of needing lvl 1 to PM before and was curious why that rule exists here on the Silent Mod Servers

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I've always wondered the same thing. I never heard of needing lvl 1 to PM before and was curious why that rule exists here on the Silent Mod Servers

Usually it's to prevent harassing and most importantly advertising via PM.

• Like 2

• Leader
8 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Thanks, CaptN!  That is a topic that I had missed! :o This illustrates why we need a "team of admins" on this website and on the servers.  Remember the immortal words, "Out of many confused minds, one SuperBrain!" (or is that "OverBrain"?)

• Like 1