Server Issue Caen2 Issue

Scarface

Question

• Leader

Date: 26/09/2018 19h20

Map : Caen2

Server : Jay1

Issue The flag is still captureable by the Allied team while the tank was stolen

Demo : demo0278.dm_84

Edited by Scarface06
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprise 1

1 answer to this question

• Leader

OOPS!  I wrote a reply BEFORE I played Scarface's demo!  :spank_me:

It DOES show that the tank has moved, almost to the bridge, and Scarface also showed that the Allied flag was up at the Axis 2nd spawn.  This glitch sounds very similar to the one that I describe below about Supply_Depot, where the flagged stayed up and takeable by both sides.  It is probably a once-in-a-"high-number" type of event.  Nice catch & demo, 🇫🇷-man!

WRONG in this case:  In a discussion elsewhere, it was suggested that perhaps the tank had been repaired, but not yet moved.  It may be the moving of the tank, and not the fixing of it, that secures the flag for Axis.

Okay, I checked the caen2.pk3 and here is part of the relevant script, which says that it is the moving of the tank that gives the flag to the Axis permanently.  The Axis engineer must have died just as he finished repairing the tank.

trigger axis_move_tank
    {
        accum 4 abort_if_not_equal 0
                        trigger cityflag force_axis // Switch forward spawn to Axis ONLY
        trigger cityflag kill //Remove flag

wm_announce "The Axis are moving the Tank!"
                wm_removeteamvoiceannounce 0 "caen2_axis_tank_steal"

"Both sides spawning at the Axis 1st flag" on Oasis has been reported.  :D   I  was playing Supply_Depot once when the Flag never disappeared and both sides could retake it.  That really changed the normal tactics of that map!  

Edited by RedBaird
had to "eat crow" for a bad assumption
  • Like 3