Accident on horseback

Kooki

• Platinum VIP

Well....I'm at the emergency room 1f629.png😩
I decided to try horseback riding yesterday evening. It turned out to be a freakin mistake! I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then we went a little faster; before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. The horse made a sudden jerk and reared up, and I couldn't hold on. I fell off, but my foot got caught in the stirrup. The horse kept bucking and running, and was dragging me and wouldn't stop. Thank goodness the manager of the grocery store came out and unplugged the machine. But then he had the nerve to take the rest of my quarters so I wouldn't attempt to drive the Batmobile, and told me to stay away from the handicap carts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Surprise 2
  • 100 1

I had same thought as Baird :D I started thinking about what I write while reading it..... fortunately I can drop that :)

Good to hear nothing serious happend :) (if I understood correctly :P )

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

If a joke has to be explained then its not a good joke but.. for those who may not remember there used to be mechanical horses outside of stores.  You put in a nickle and you would get a rocking horse ride for a short time.  Its for kids.  You dont see that much anymore.. but i just had to try it one more time.  :)

• Like 3

I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

That means they are still with us, dont worry :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Remember those machines they were a must to go on local fair. I remember used them couple of times, dangerous game, also remember to fall lots of times. 😅

I must say I was confused too at the beginning of your post as I thought you were riding a real horse. 🐎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This topic gettin' quite old and I hope everything is fine by now Kooki :) 

Thought the same that the accident was happened by a real horse. Getting caught in the stirrup with a running horse is a nightmare. I have seen it by myself few times. Once it was my gf riding one.  That feels like a meteor is hitting Earth and u can do nothing..
 I've been there and that's not something u wanna do with your spare time...last accident I had with a real horse gave me some injuries in the lower back as I was thrown down on the left side near some big rocks. It remembered itself for many months but now it's ok. 

But horses are great.  I guess even mechanical ones xD 
I used to ride once a week but now I haven't had that spare time unfortunately. Hoping not to fall when I do :D

• Like 1

Kooki you rascal :d

This made me go deep, deep into the misty memories of a long ago Rat child.  My memory was janky and sputtering like a 1965 Ford Falcon on its last legs so I called my mom.  she of course remembered the two machines at our local Safeway market round about 1968.  It was a Horse and a rockin Rocket.  Probably because she was the one who payed for the rides :D

• Platinum VIP

@heaven, ive had several horses in my life.. my earliest memory was of a shetland who was mean(biting and would scrape you off on a tree.  Next we had a 17.5 hand mossouri walker he was nice to ride but had a problem with a front foot crossing a little.  Last one i has was a tennessee walker, good trail horse and good riding horse, He would go in any direction you pointed him.. He finally died of old age near 30.

• Love 1