Jump to content
BitchPudding

im really annoyed

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I must be blind, because I've never seen that

here... i asked studentdude to help

2018-09-24-021603-caen2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens because you have level 4 signals. I don't have that so I see my teammate's name, it's just a feature of ET.

Quote

Signals bonuses include:

Improved Resources: Ammo packs now give two ammo clips instead of one when picked up, and deplete only 15% of the player's power meter instead of 25%.
Improved Signals: Artillery calls and marker flares only cost 2/3rds of your power bar, allowing a player to call in airstrikes more frequently.
Improved Air and Ground Support: Artillery strikes last twice as long, and airstrikes have two planes instead of one.
Enemy Recognition: Disguised enemy Covert Ops can be identified. Targeting one will result in "Disguised Enemy!" appearing, and their position will be revealed on the command map.

 

I think this carries over for all classes because of g_skills having flag 8. If so then this is what you'll have to convince DD to change but I could be wrong 😛.

Quote

g_skills Flags

 

1 level 4 battle-sense can spot mines for team

2 level 4 explosives-and-construction skill carries over to all classes

4 adrenaline carries over to all classes

8 level 4 signals enables all classes to spot disguised enemies

 

Most people on Jay1 have level 5 in all skills so that's why you're immediately being seen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is just part of et...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Symfony said:

this is just part of et...

not all ET, this doesnt occur in silent mod or other jaymods. this is an F|A jaymod. hardcore and silent dont show it, and ive played other jaymods and they didnt show it from what i remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ElEl said:

This happens because you have level 4 signals. I don't have that so I see my teammate's name, it's just a feature of ET.

 

I think this carries over for all classes because of g_skills having flag 8. If so then this is what you'll have to convince DD to change but I could be wrong 😛.

 

Most people on Jay1 have level 5 in all skills so that's why you're immediately being seen.

what its supposed to be is the name of the persons uniform you took, not a give me of "disguised enemy". anyone with binoculars or just moving their cursor around just points at teammates to look for disguised enemy. its not really skill anymore, its just who has the brightest nametag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BitchPudding said:

not all ET, this doesnt occur in silent mod or other jaymods. this is an F|A jaymod. hardcore and silent dont show it, and ive played other jaymods and they didnt show it from what i remember

Yes it does, I quoted the abilities you gain from leveling up signals from level 1 to 4. Level 4 is the end of where default ET stops adding skills so it'd make sense that all mods by default have this feature. Some have the ability to turn them off, again like I quoted to you, there's a server cvar that can be modified to do this.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Yes it does, I quoted the abilities you gain from leveling up signals from level 1 to 4. Level 4 is the end of where default ET stops adding skills so it'd make sense that all mods by default have this feature. Some have the ability to turn them off, again like I quoted to you, there's a server cvar that can be modified to do this.

 

well then why is this not modified? makes no sense to have a handout win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see the issue, as far as I know, on silent it doesn t show anything at all, or your own name (if they took your uni) which is also very easy to spot.

 

I believe on silent enemies in disguise have some kind of damage reduction, which makes them strong. With how good the FG + adrenaline is on jaymod, I dont see them changing the covert ops class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BitchPudding said:

what its supposed to be is the name of the persons uniform you took, not a give me of "disguised enemy". anyone with binoculars or just moving their cursor around just points at teammates to look for disguised enemy. its not really skill anymore, its just who has the brightest nametag

Dude, I looked, I don't see that. I just see the name of the players who's uni got stolen, but then I have level 1 signals

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 2:52 AM, lurkman said:

I dont see the issue, as far as I know, on silent it doesn t show anything at all, or your own name (if they took your uni) which is also very easy to spot.

 

I believe on silent enemies in disguise have some kind of damage reduction, which makes them strong. With how good the FG + adrenaline is on jaymod, I dont see them changing the covert ops class.

There's no dren on jay1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The default on Enemy Territory as far as I understand it was that Covert Ops would take the disguise of the enemy they stole the uniform from. Lets say they stole the uniform from player X. The opposing team would then see them as "Player X". The only exception were players who were playing under two conditions. 1) They were field ops. 2) They were level 4 field ops. If both these conditions were met, they would identify the covert op as "enemy in disguise".  

 

Using custom mods (jamod, silent etc), there are now lots of different variants on that. On some mods, there is only one condition: 1) having level 4 field ops. You don't actually need to play as a field ops, just be a level 4. On other mods you can also take the weapon. 

 

I think that is how it works anyway...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So can we make an adjustment to where your not giving a handout to the enemy? Specifically the time your dot appears on the compass and disguised enemy showing up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play covert operative...a lot.  It is my happy place. No whiney bishes demanding to be revived, no cheap ass pot metal pliers of dubious origin failing in the heat of battle.  This why I play on Silent1 most of the time.  Only the wily FOP can really "out," you if you are careful.  Nothing beats becoming a human airstrike that slips into the defense and obliterates 2-4 critical defenders with a little knife  in 3 seconds :)  HAIL!!! Spy in disguise. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • 100 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 4:13 PM, RatSpit said:

I play covert operative...a lot.  It is my happy place. No whiney bishes demanding to be revived, no cheap ass pot metal pliers of dubious origin failing in the heat of battle.  This why I play on Silent1 most of the time.  Only the wily FOP can really "out," you if you are careful.  Nothing beats becoming a human airstrike that slips into the defense and obliterates 2-4 critical defenders with a little knife  in 3 seconds :)  HAIL!!! Spy in disguise. 

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next thread coming  "Why mines can be spotted  , while all should step on them" . 

Edited by yoyo
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About Us

We are glad you decided to stop by our website and servers. At Fearless Assassins Gaming Community (=F|A=) we strive to bring you the best gaming experience possible. With helpful admins, custom maps and good server regulars your gaming experience should be grand! We love to have fun by playing online games especially W:ET, Call of Duty Series, Counter Strike: Series, Minecraft, Insurgency, DOI, TF2 & Battlefield Series and if you like to do same then join us! Here, you can make worldwide friends while enjoying the game. Anyone from any race and country speaking any language can join our Discord and gaming servers. We have clan members from US, Canada, Europe, Sri Lanka, India, Japan, Australia, Brazil, UK, Austria, Poland, Finland and many other countries. It doesn't matter how much good you are in the game or how much good English you speak. We believe in making new friends from all over the world. If you want to have fun and want to make new friends join up our gaming servers and our VoIP servers any day and at any time. .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.