F|A 1 redirection

DeadMan

Hi, I always play on F|A RECRUITING.

but, when this server is full, i would be asked to redirect to another server (94.75.233.44:27960)

i wonder if there is an option could disable redirection, and keep me waiting until someone disconnect from this server.

btw, i installed ET from http://etui.kashu.fr/

thanks for your help.

Edited by DeadMan

As far as I know, there isn't a way to disable the redirection notice from the client, DeadMan. Just learn the IP of the server you'd like to go to instead, and type that into the console. :)

If it is redirecting you, it probably means the server is full. You could donate to become a +VIP member to receive a reserved slot on the servers so you never have to worry about seeing the redirect message again due to a full server, along with other benefits, or try playing on F|A #1 during different times. You could also try the ET Starter Pro front-end for Enemy Territory, as you can set what servers you want to be able to connect to through a drop down list, and it will also give you current stats about the server, like number of players currently online versus the maximum allowed players, the current map, and who is currently playing.

There used to be an F|A bundle of ET, ET Starter Pro, patch 2.60b, and the mods needed to play on F|A servers, but I think that download link has long since vanished... it was quite handy.

If it is redirecting you, it probably means the server is full. You could donate to become a +VIP member to receive a reserved slot on the servers so you never have to worry about seeing the redirect message again due to a full server, along with other benefits, or try playing on F|A #1 during different times. You could also try the ET Starter Pro front-end for Enemy Territory, as you can set what servers you want to be able to connect to through a drop down list, and it will also give you current stats about the server, like number of players currently online versus the maximum allowed players, the current map, and who is currently playing.

There used to be an F|A bundle of ET, ET Starter Pro, patch 2.60b, and the mods needed to play on F|A servers, but I think that download link has long since vanished... it was quite handy.

the link the op used to install et is that bundle you mentioned (think so anyay). there are reserved slots but i belive only on a couple of srvers - jay 2 and one other. you could go the master server index , find said server and look at server info to figure out number of peeps and current map. and ive never seen that redirect thing, pribabley because i havent update my et :lol:

Sadly, I've heard many stories of other clans/servers copying F|A servers, so using the master server list isn't always trustworthy without being able to manually confirm IPs of the servers. With ET Starter Pro, you can specify the server IPs you want to keep up to date with, along with giving them descriptive names without having to worry about the master list.

But yeah, the only reason why I can think of it wanting to redirect someone is that the server is full.

Sadly, I've heard many stories of other clans/servers copying F|A servers, so using the master server list isn't always trustworthy without being able to manually confirm IPs of the servers. With ET Starter Pro, you can specify the server IPs you want to keep up to date with, along with giving them descriptive names without having to worry about the master list.

But yeah, the only reason why I can think of it wanting to redirect someone is that the server is full.

lol i recall stories od a polish clan that had similar tags - in fact it was f|a as opposed to =f|a= apperntly- but as for this server dealie...this i must find :P

• 1 year later...

Yeah this is true the only way around this is to downgrade Im getting the same thing with ET 2.6

Additionally, it seems like you missed the sarcasm. This is a feature, which has been introduced in 2.60 or 2.60b. You won't get those messages on 2.55, because they didn't exist at that time and it will simply tell you that the server is full, without offering an alternative server.

If you didn't like Windows's new Aero-design, you wouldn't downgrade to Windows 98 either.