I feel that I need to make a post here about this awesome headset I've been using for over a year now:
Lucid Sound LS40 to be specific. The company has other headsets, however this is the only one that I can personally speak for.
Simple to use
Quality of Sound
Comfort for long playtime
Cost ( 200$ )
USB Connector is an awkward shape.
Okay, so I'd like to break down some of the above stated items:
- Simplicity is key, you plug in the USB receiver and turn the headset on and they link together no matter the platform. I personally use it on PC, PS4, and Xbox 1.
- It has an excellent wireless connectivity, you can ask a few of the folks I play DOI with I've chatted with them from the kitchen many-a-times.
- Sound quality is excellent 7.1 surround sound. Depending on the game you will feel like you're immersed completely.
- The USB connector sticks out quite a ways, and is prone to being snapped off or overheating depending on placement.
- My USB connector overheated and essentially melted, I emailed the company and they replied within an hour and are shipping a replacement already.
I searched for a few minutes for an all system compatible headset and was hard pressed to find one that worked for them all. Perhaps that's just a selling point for me, but I find it highly enjoyable to be able to use the same headset for all of my gaming needs. This thing is basically a turtle beach headset for everything! The ear cups fit well and don't crush my ears, giving an extended playtime comfort. The mic dongle is removable, it has a built in mic on the underside so it can be used with or without the boom. I can't speak of the mic quality, but you could ask Red Angel, or Major since they listen to my stupid voice the most they might be able to tell you. Anyway I hope you enjoy my scattered confusing review of this headset. I'm open to formatting advice!