Jump to content

ET How did you find Enemy Territory?


Recommended Posts

Hey there, iam sure its been discussed before but I cant sleep so I figured ide ask everyone how they found enemy territory? Was it your first FPS, or your first Online game? Are you still mostly PC gaming?

 

Back in 2003 my family got our first modern PC, The cheapest dell dimension 3000 they had.

Salesman is actualy a gift of god and tricks her into getting an Nvidia graphics card.

The PC comes with ET preinstalled. She instantly Uninstalls it because jesus disapproves of awesome Pwnage.

Use system restore and hide ET among folders, bonzi buddy downloads and endless Internet explorer search bars. I save up and buy headphones and good silent keyboard. Clock 20-35 hours weekly on ET doing homework 😅

 

 

It was the first FPS I ever played, and honestly one of the only games. I have a ps4 and Xbox one and I havent played either in over a year, modern games just don't entertain me much. Especially on consoles 

 

Its so fun to be on the  F|A servers when someone connects to the server and seys "OMG people still play this!? This was my childhood!!" hahaha goood times.

 

 

 hqdefault.jpg.887789be8549f5b1781f2b5d0bcb2f4f.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had RTCW in like 2002 or something. When I got a new Comp in 2008, I wanted to d/l it again and using Google, accidentally found ET,  mistaking it for RTCW (Didn't even know about ET). The rest is history

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I had RTCW in like 2002 or something. When I got a new Comp in 2008, I wanted to d/l it again and using Google, accidentally found ET,  mistaking it for RTCW (Didn't even know about ET). The rest is history

That's awesome 

 

It reminds a lot of how Doom was. Most of it was free and people found it for free on bulletin boards 

 

I have a copy of rtcw, I wonder if anyone is still playing that online

Edited by ButtMonkey
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ButtMonkey said:

That's awesome 

 

It reminds a lot of how Doom was. Most of it was free and people found it for free on bulletin boards 

 

I have a copy of rtcw, I wonder if anyone is still playing that online

I was thinking about reinstalling it to take on Single player with a custom CFG lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be sweet! 

 

I have the DVD case vesion, the windows 98 version is like 60$ online, the DVD case with RTCW and ET is about 75$ and the original windows 98 tin can version is like 500$! RTCW and ET are getting really collectable now

 

I always do a monthy round of all the value villages and thrift ships in town looking for retro games but that's out of the question now 😣

20200430_202116.thumb.jpg.bed9492f2fa935efddaba5250a5a416b.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ButtMonkey said:

I have a copy of rtcw, I wonder if anyone is still playing that online

Yes! Few pubs servers are still online and some tournaments are still going on :) https://www.crossfire.nu/ I still play it and I actually met another FA on a rtcw pub xD  @Snek. Definitely give it a try! Good old wolf MP man!

 

I was in a clan in RTCW when ET was into talks so when it got release, the clan switched to ET so thats how I got into it! I've been switching to ET and RTCW ever since with breaks for other games. I still have my copy of rtcw on display :D

 

3-EF652-C0-DC92-4205-97-E3-6544-CD970-BA

Spoiler

5-CD01106-052-E-4-E98-A33-A-C5-CF88-BDD0

 

6614-B46-E-7-CA9-4-FF3-8-C68-CAFF14-AABF

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w1cx said:

Yes! Few pubs servers are still online and some tournaments are still going on :) https://www.crossfire.nu/ I still play it and I actually met another FA on a rtcw pub xD  @Snek. Definitely give it a try! Good old wolf MP man!

 

I was in a clan in RTCW when ET was into talks so when it got release, the clan switched to ET so thats how I got into it! I've been switching to ET and RTCW ever since with breaks for other games. I still have my copy of rtcw on display :D

 

3-EF652-C0-DC92-4205-97-E3-6544-CD970-BA

  Reveal hidden contents

5-CD01106-052-E-4-E98-A33-A-C5-CF88-BDD0

 

6614-B46-E-7-CA9-4-FF3-8-C68-CAFF14-AABF

 

 

 

 

THAT is AWESOME. Even the box art is cool as hell. I will checking that out really soon, any issues playing RTCW on 64 bit win10? 

 

This has me curious now, iam going to try unreal tournament and Call of duty too. 20200430_215737.thumb.jpg.be76e86d113f18d50b4490ad892b0059.jpg

 

Iam going to save up for the windows 98 boxed copy to go with my windows 98 3dfx build. Iam trying to find an original copy of DOOM also. That's like finding hens teeth 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so I installed RTWC, it installed easily, Single player runs perfectly, Multiplayer shows zero servers. 

 

I have an older gaming mobo with an AMD FX CPU, I could make it into a server for a laugh 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ill ask my son about doom. he took that whole game apart and redid it when he was like 14.he is a doom god.

i found et while i was playing age of empires with a friend .never even played a fps and he got me hooked on rtcws beach .was so fun. then i checked out et i hated it at first and fell in love it grew on me now its . like the worst addiction ever.love all my buddies ive met in et. would miss em if i left.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ButtMonkey said:

Alright so I installed RTWC, it installed easily, Single player runs perfectly, Multiplayer shows zero servers. 

 

I have an older gaming mobo with an AMD FX CPU, I could make it into a server for a laugh 

 

 

Masterlist is'nt working anymore, you have to go through https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist to see the servers that runs RTCW. atm seems like eastcoast is rocking it atm but beware, it's intense. It's +dropweapon = autoreload. And I have no problem playing on wind10

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

ill ask my son about doom. he took that whole game apart and redid it when he was like 14.he is a doom god.

i found et while i was playing age of empires with a friend .never even played a fps and he got me hooked on rtcws beach .was so fun. then i checked out et i hated it at first and fell in love it grew on me now its . like the worst addiction ever.love all my buddies ive met in et. would miss em if i left.

That's awesome. Bethesda helped a lot of people learn gaming mechanics and get into game creation and modding. That's way beyond my tiny mind but I envy those who get into it! 

 

its before my time but the story goes that DOOM was passed around as shareware so much that the store copy didn't sell a lot, but DOOM2 sold like crazy I can find a few copys of that and ultimate doom. I have them on my windows 95 3DFX build but its bootleg copies and I like having boxes for my shelves, I call it jewelry haha 

1 hour ago, w1cx said:

Masterlist is'nt working anymore, you have to go through https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist to see the servers that runs RTCW. atm seems like eastcoast is rocking it atm but beware, it's intense. It's +dropweapon = autoreload. And I have no problem playing on wind10

Thanks for the help pal! I still need a lot of practice just for Beginners 2 on et haha. Guess ill need to practice lots 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember being 9 or 10 and  seeing my uncle playing ET with my father. I was so hypnotized in this mysterious rooty-tooty-point'n'shooty game, that I had to try it out. And boy, 12 years went by and I'm still enjoying ET to this day :)

 

btw if anyone could tell me how to set an avatar that would be great help, as I'm probably too blind to see it atm.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there pal. first off ill post some awefull screenshots on how to add a profile pic 

 

So click your avatar

 

 1.thumb.jpg.9ac0bb0b6071b3c88ed461a9e71f182a.jpg

 

wait for the page to load then click this little button on the left of your avatar

 

2.thumb.jpg.3344cf7f60815b6a83d08b8360a55553.jpg

 

 

Then hit the Choose Single File button and you should be good 

 

3.thumb.jpg.36c4f53436abb904a82ff83d57162602.jpg

1 hour ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I remember being 9 or 10 and  seeing my uncle playing ET with my father. I was so hypnotized in this mysterious rooty-tooty-point'n'shooty game, that I had to try it out. And boy, 12 years went by and I'm still enjoying ET to this day :)

 

btw if anyone could tell me how to set an avatar that would be great help, as I'm probably too blind to see it atm.

That's an awesome storey, I remember thinking "It will never get anymore realistic than this!!!"

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in woodworking classe when I was a kid. Heard some friends of mine talking about how they roasted a guy with flamethrower. Of course I was intrigued after that! That was in end of 2003 I think, and it was the my first first person shooter game, Started playing on EQ2, EarthQuake 2 with the clans of STA (member), XERO (member) and AGENT (friend was a member). Good times indeed!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

Was in woodworking classe when I was a kid. Heard some friends of mine talking about how they roasted a guy with flamethrower. Of course I was intrigued after that! That was in end of 2003 I think, and it was the my first first person shooter game, Started playing on EQ2, EarthQuake 2 with the clans of STA (member), XERO (member) and AGENT (friend was a member). Good times indeed!

Haha that's great eh. for me the games I played before that were SNES and PS1 driving games. ET was STELLER 

 

I think I remember seeing that clan, there was soo many back in the day 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.