Hmm, anybody have any advice that can HELP me?

Krayzie

So I have thought about becoming a helicopter pilot and want to know the best route, and way's to go. I've thought about joining the National Guard, and it's still a thought. If I go that route, I want to fly UH 60's(I can't remember which MOS it is right now). What are the requirements to fly life flights and that stuff? I took the ASVAB and got a 71 on it, and that is top ten percent, so I believe that's fairly decent, even though I know it has nothing to do with flying commercially, only in the military.

So I have thought about becoming a helicopter pilot and want to know the best route, and way's to go. I've thought about joining the National Guard, and it's still a thought. If I go that route, I want to fly UH 60's(I can't remember which MOS it is right now). What are the requirements to fly life flights and that stuff? I took the ASVAB and got a 71 on it, and that is top ten percent, so I believe that's fairly decent, even though I know it has nothing to do with flying commercially, only in the military.

Can't comment on half this stuff, but most life flights in the private sector require your NREMT paramedic exam completion + state/county license. Most of the pilots not only fly, but are certified paramedics or Nurses. Good luck though man. It would be one hell of a fun job.

Can't comment on half this stuff, but most life flights in the private sector require your NREMT paramedic exam completion + state/county license. Most of the pilots not only fly, but are certified paramedics or Nurses. Good luck though man. It would be one hell of a fun job.

Why can't ya comment? :P I've read somewhere that you need like a level 3, but might as well get level 2? medical thing, I can't remember completely right now. And also need like 5000 flight hours as well as your instructors license/permit. I also know from talking to a recruiter that you need a GT score of like 105 or something like that? And I believe when I looked I had one of 113, so number wise, I can fly the UH-60's but yea.

sound like fun just about all my family been apart of just about any war and i am sorry i can't be of much help to you but i well say this i really do wish you luck in getting that dream job of your all i can say is put all you heart in to it and if it was mint to be it was mint to be

One of my uncles was a helicopter gunner in Iraq. I think he enjoyed it immensely. Now he is home and working as a firefighter in East St Louis. Probably more dangerous than being on a chopper in Iraq lol.

Join the Army/Navy/Marines and get all the flight training for free, and get the experience to get a job when you get out. Best way to do it.