I think i found the best craiglist deal ever....

Desu

Make sure all parts are working :P

Get SATA hard drive :P 150$ PC not bad.

well since im a student, he is selling for 50 and he is holding it for me for 2weeks.

to test it out, i plan to use Ubuntu CD and use the Try Ubuntu feature.

I heard that works even if you dont have a harddrive...unless i am wrong???

and anybody want to help me find a good aftermarket cpu fan? :DDD

damn wut a retro pc lmao jkin , you should buy a cheap ssd to get a good boot time and game loading .

i would give him 70 and save the 5 bucks for a bk combo meal .

yea you could use a live cd but if the cd unit is that old is going to be pretty loud .

wuts your budget on the cpu fan ?

damn wut a retro pc lmao jkin , you should buy a cheap ssd to get a good boot time and game loading .

i would give him 70 and save the 5 bucks for a bk combo meal .

yea you could use a live cd but if the cd unit is that old is going to be pretty loud .

wuts your budget on the cpu fan ?

ehh cheap as possible. under 15 hopefully...hopefully

saving up for college, i got long way to go....

http://atlanta.craig...1902723287.html

Owner holding it for me, good deal much?

$50? I say its good enough lol. Your a student so take what you can get. Its retro but at least its cheap (Also a 500 GB hard drive will cost you around $39.99. So it would still count under $100. ).

Retro pc =D

Never compromise for CPU fan and PSU :)

Ya watch out about that CPU heatsink. I think when the guy said "CPU fan" did he mean CPU heatsink lol ? (probably because a cpu fan could always be ziptied to heatsink if its a last resort lawl). Lol no clips can be dangerous =P (watch heatsink fan fall off and then computer shut down lol).

You should add a little more to your CPU cooler budget. If you buy a crappy cheap cooler, it can cause either performance loss or the CPU to overheat and broke. It can cost you whole lot of money. So spend at least 30€(what's that in dollars?) to a good cooler.

talked with the guy.

he said the clips on the processor that attaches to the heatsink&fan is broken....

so cpu fan isnt the problem since it is aftermarket also. apparently a good one at that.

I dont want to buy new processor -_-

The clips are broken ? So theres no way it will work properly . laying it on the side it says in description . . . lol without the necessary pressure for the heatsink it will always work with very high temperatures , i doubt that this comp would last an hour while gaming . I would not recommend to take it , dont wanna know what he also managed to broke when he was able to rip off the small clamps which holds the heatsink on the CPU .