Server Update F|A NoQuarter 1.2.9 B6 - 2.6b Only

daredevil

• Administrators

i went to play a while this morning server looks cool, altought u guys need to make it popular , use the FA magic for that :P

nah but lol u guys have million members, just have half of em connected at same time 1 day and thast a start.

There is no such thing as popular recipes. Every server takes 4-8 months to get going. On the side note we don't have million members .. In fact we have only around 50-80 'active' members for like 7 ET servers :P

Also, not all play in same time zone. We are actively looking for new 'good' members. Hard to find now a days. :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just played a bit again on it , and i noticed that the performance with the bots , has actually decreased . With the amount of bots and the bots in spec it got a bit laggy , and my fps decreased .

Before i was running a smooth stable 76 fps , and how it is at the moment i get around 30 -45 in open fields on the maps , played 3 now and on all maps the same . Maybe try to get the bots in spec off the server to see if it helps increasing the performance ? Having bots in spec doesnt makes much sense anyway ;)

• Administrators

Oh for bots I am just testing CPU usage of new omni's + NQ. They will be at max 20 in the end.

I think you will hit low FPS also with 40 players on server if you are hitting low FPS with bots. I guess the issue lies in the mod itself.

Do this:

pb_system 0

pb_sleep 500

pb_writecfg

and see if you notice any change.

There is no such thing as popular recipes. Every server takes 4-8 months to get going. On the side note we don't have million members .. In fact we have only around 50-80 'active' members for like 7 ET servers :P

Also, not all play in same time zone. We are actively looking for new 'good' members. Hard to find now a days. :(

yeh i understaND, but i think it could be fun for u guys to make a meeting day in the new server, we done that one or two times with pro clan in the past and had arround 14 or 15 members+ some xfire friends and fraggers lol, so it was basically splatter top 40(we didnt reach 50 players :( ) but it was real fun to be honest, and it helped servcer popularity, guess u guys could do a gathering , 40 FA members at same time in a server is possible , just name a date/time in forum and also for server regulars and most likely u get good response, even if it doesnt make it popular could be very fun lol,. (1 time per week= cool)

cya!

Do this:

pb_system 0

pb_sleep 500

pb_writecfg

and see if you notice any change.

Does this only work on NQ servers? I have heard of pb_security 0, would this be the same as pb_system 0 on pub and hardcore?

PB_Security [0=no, 1=yes]

When set to 0, PunkBuster will accept all "update" files without verifying that they are authentic; the default is 1 which should not normally be changed except for LAN environments where there is no Internet Access and/or you fully trust the Servers you are connecting to.

PB_System [0/1]

PB can conflict with other software on some systems due to vigorous memory scanning; Changing this setting may reduce or eliminate conflicts if you have problems on your system; this setting can only be changed before connecting to a server.

pb_security 0 is useless

pb_system 0 can help sometimes

• 1 month later...

Hi,

how long is the test, with the BOTs in the spec, going?

On the server are not so many players atm., is it not better to change, for the first time, larger maps with smaller?

I mean to change Temple or Subway with Railgun (with "Fun-Script") or so.

In NQ it is possible to set the gravity from the missile to "realistic". What is the opinion about this?

Thanks for reading.

Greeting Kane

• 1 month later...