Other Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - Open Source

daredevil

JEEZ I finally found why they did that:

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/08/13/007227/id-Software-Demos-Rage-On-iPhone-Releases-Source-Code-For-Two-Games

They will let developers port ET, Quake and some other old games to the iPhone. That's REALLY cool!

id software will finally be able to enter the iPhone market and destroy the competitors. However, the competition from EA and Gameloft are already very high. I don't know if you guys played their games but they are great. They releases Prince of Persia Warrior Within for the iPhone 1-2 months ago. It's the same game and the graphics are really good. So id software has a big hill to climb but I'm sure they can do it!

lol i dunno how in earth would u be able to do what he says he did, "get same skills as u were in xbox or pc"

tbh i dont imagine my self geting 20 kills in my ipod playing et :S

Stfu torm you barely get 20 kills a map lol :yahoo

I do not see playing ET on an IPHONE very fun LOL... jeez, why are people trying too fix something old(PC, Etc) that WAS NEVER BROKEN in the first place lol!

Ill take my $1,200 laptop over an Iphone anyday :thanks

Stfu torm you barely get 20 kills a map lol :yahoo

I do not see playing ET on an IPHONE very fun LOL... jeez, why are people trying too fix something old(PC, Etc) that WAS NEVER BROKEN in the first place lol!

Ill take my $1,200 laptop over an Iphone anyday :thanks

The goal isn't to bring ET to the iPhone but to bring the quake engine + ET platform on the iPhone so we can play something near it. Why would id software try to bring ET (an old game full of e-ego that thinks they are god since they can have 100 kills per map) to the iPhone, think about it ;)

I would exchange my 1,200$ laptop for my iPhone any time. Let's do the maths:

laptop = 1200$ for 2 years end of story

iPhone = 200$ + 75$*24 months = 2000$ for 2 years

So I would make more money and I would have something that I can bring with me everywhere and do the same shit I do with my PC.

Zippo, do you have a BB, android phone or iPhone? If not, then you can't even come close to understand how the life is with a smartphone ;)

Anyway, this will open the market for id software. They do good games, I hope they will continue for the iPhone and the droids

ET would be nothing without all the e-egos that play it. That is one of the big reasons it appeals to so many players and why it is one of the best online shooter games there is. The old quake engine has been open sourced long time ago. I see that the intention of open sourcing the ET is to add little bit more life to a game that so many (still) enjoy and that is nearly a legend in itself.