What patch to use

Saizou

I bought BF2 complete collection today (few years too late, but nevermind), installed it and it patched itself to 1.41 patch. I see that there's a 1.5 patch so which one do I need to play online? Also do you connect through BF2 or through Special Forces?

I was also wondering whether there's any F|A people still playing it and on which server.

Thanks in advance.

I bought BF2 complete collection today (few years too late, but nevermind), installed it and it patched itself to 1.41 patch. I see that there's a 1.5 patch so which one do I need to play online? Also do you connect through BF2 or through Special Forces?

I was also wondering whether there's any F|A people still playing it and on which server.

Thanks in advance.

FA no longer has a BF2 server (not that it was ever that popular tbh)

Dont need patch to play online, but some servers do require it - think of it like upgrading ET to 2.6 (dont worry you can still play previous verison servers)

Click here for BF2 1.5 Patch

warning: at nearl 2 gigs its a bit of a doozy. most of the size comes from the fact they felt it was good idea to bundle the Euro Force and Armored Fury add-ons with it, as opposed to allowing people to download those two things seperatly at their lesuire <. <

and i think you can connect through either

My version came with both boosters but I'll patch up anyway. Thanks for the link.

I saw people now and then playing BF2 according to xfire, just curious where. It's easier to be a noob when there's familiar people around.

My version came with both boosters but I'll patch up anyway. Thanks for the link.

I saw people now and then playing BF2 according to xfire, just curious where. It's easier to be a noob when there's familiar people around.

lol its weird huh? they sell the retail pack with all the booster packs, and still make you download the 2 gig git << . dunno where people play. persoanlly i never played that much on fa - always getting pwned by baska in a plane :P i cant rember where i went, but i went somewhere where they gave you all the upgrades, so you wouldent be stuck with some crummy weapon, but rather you could choose which crummy weapon to have :lol: