Paintballing

GhostHope

Anyone here paintball? i do, i like to play out in the woods with my friends. lately since it has been snowing somewhat, or just gets cold we haven't but since it has been nice and warm i have been going over there and building a little Base made from Tree logs, Bark, Brush, thorn bushes, and Dirt and i have been digging inside of it so we can stand and not crouch all the time. Doesn't sound like much but there are loads of places for us to shoot out but to shoot in is a total pain. Depending on how you shoot into the Base your Paintballs will either just hit the wall or the brush but if you get a lucky shot or get close enough to stick your gun thru you could hit us. We usually do pro's VS joe's im on the joes team just because i recently moved up here and haven't paintballed enough with them to be considered pro. We even have some Fox holes built so we can sit inside them and pop in and out and shoot the other team.

yeah i used to play paintball semi-profesionally. i played on the twisted texas D-2 team. i quit about 4 years ago for because 2 of our sponsors droped our because of our bad preformance in the tourny in austin and i had no more money :(. i would like to get back to it though it was a great experience.

I always wanted to have a battle in tall grass like 4ft. high. I think it would be so much fun to pop up, squeeze a few, duck down, side step, pop up again and squeeze off another burst. In this dream battle of mine the grass would be thick enough that you couldn't get body shots because the grass would absorb the bullets, but your collar bone and up would be fair game. If opposing sides were both like 20 yards away I think it would make for a sick litte Viet Nam grasslands battle. hooah!

I am just curious, I know nothing about paintballing, what is today's most accurate and long range paintball weapon? I'll make a wild guess since I like to make wild guesses and say maybe like 250yards and 1000fps.....hahah I'm probably way off.

Acuracy mostly depends on:

barrel -

CO2/HPA

bolt design

Really it is all the type of setup you have. there is no "most accurate" gun it really depends on the shooter and the things mentioned above. personally I use a 20" barrel because i dont go Close quarters. unless im just doing a pain match with my friends. (we shoot at eachother in an open field and so who gets shot the most with out quitting wins) when i get a chance ill take a Pic of my Gear.

Edit: and Our play area does have tall grass in the summer. right now its dead land but we still go kick some ass. the only thing we have to watch out for in the summer is rattle snakes

Acuracy mostly depends on:

barrel -

CO2/HPA

bolt design

Really it is all the type of setup you have. there is no "most accurate" gun it really depends on the shooter and the things mentioned above. personally I use a 20" barrel because i dont go Close quarters. unless im just doing a pain match with my friends. (we shoot at eachother in an open field and so who gets shot the most with out quitting wins) when i get a chance ill take a Pic of my Gear.

Edit: and Our play area does have tall grass in the summer. right now its dead land but we still go kick some ass. the only thing we have to watch out for in the summer is rattle snakes

What is the furthest hit you can make on a target the size of a human with say, 9/10 accuracy? With your best setup...

hmm....I would say About 40ft (not really sure just making an estimate) using a 20" barrel assuming i have my Pressure pumped to full blast

40ft? That is like across a 4 lane street, seems a bit small of a distance to me, but as I've said I know nothing about paintball, I just played a couple times in highschool days.

40ft isn't unreasonable. i've personally popped ppl in the face mask from more than 20 meters away, with a cheap gun and 16" barrel. you just have to lob long shots - anything close to 10 yards or more and the ball is going to noticeably drop in the air. paintballs are heavy and the muzzle velocity is pretty low - you can pump up the velocity but it's dangerous to do that ( injuries ) plus you're more likely to break a ball in the barrel causing your gun to be WAY inaccurate.

used to play alot but it's been like 10 years or more. i have no idea what the equipment is like now. i remember we used to take a meter with us and actually measure ppls muzzle velocity to make sure no one had their guns turned up to high, but i don't remember what the numbers were like. 1000fps seems like the right neighborhood..

playing in the woods is the bomb! i can't stand the pay-to-play courses with the stupid inflatable pontoons and little fenced-in areas. we used to play on an 80 acre farm with a bunch of abandoned buildings - start teams off about a mile away from each other, play capture the flag stuff. we had games with 30 or more ppl in it sometimes, but 6 or 8 on a team is better IMO. at least with big games you do better to split into 3-4 smaller squads.

you just stay in your little bunker and make everyone come after you?? haha CAMPER. you know what? they DO make paint grenades, and ima come after you in your cozy little hut dude watch out !!

=D

40ft isn't unreasonable. i've personally popped ppl in the face mask from more than 20 meters away, with a cheap gun and 16" barrel. you just have to lob long shots - anything close to 10 yards or more and the ball is going to noticeably drop in the air. paintballs are heavy and the muzzle velocity is pretty low - you can pump up the velocity but it's dangerous to do that ( injuries ) plus you're more likely to break a ball in the barrel causing your gun to be WAY inaccurate.

used to play alot but it's been like 10 years or more. i have no idea what the equipment is like now. i remember we used to take a meter with us and actually measure ppls muzzle velocity to make sure no one had their guns turned up to high, but i don't remember what the numbers were like. 1000fps seems like the right neighborhood..

playing in the woods is the bomb! i can't stand the pay-to-play courses with the stupid inflatable pontoons and little fenced-in areas. we used to play on an 80 acre farm with a bunch of abandoned buildings - start teams off about a mile away from each other, play capture the flag stuff. we had games with 30 or more ppl in it sometimes, but 6 or 8 on a team is better IMO. at least with big games you do better to split into 3-4 smaller squads.

you just stay in your little bunker and make everyone come after you?? haha CAMPER. you know what? they DO make paint grenades, and ima come after you in your cozy little hut dude watch out !!

=D

hahaah great post camper!! That sounds like wicked fun. I'm thinking maybe 1000fps is too fast for most paintball guns, I check muzzle velocity of some typical hand guns and many are around that 1000fps range. That would be one baddass paintball gun that shoots as fast as a Magnum lol. I don't know maybe I'll google it or something.

That sounds like it would be a good challenge to lob paintballs over a short target onto enemy heads. Did you ever shoot them nearly straight up like a mortar and rain them down on people lol.

I got done paintballing yesterday. kicked some @$$. Me and my friend Were defending so what we did is Hid near this open field ( you have to walk thru there to get further into the Jungle) there was a bunch of trees so what i did was Grabbed some broken logs and put them in front of me but i was able to see thru a small slit. and my friend is a few feet away from me behind a tree. so we wait there and the other team walks by and my friend goes "NOW" and we waisted them with our full hoppers :D. I could have swore they saw me i mean they looked RIGHT at me like 20 different times.

Then we had one match left and We had no other good places to hide so. In the open field is a bunch of dead grass (we got out of winter like a few months ago so its taking time for the Grass and trees to regrow) So i laid down (i wear a Digi camo Suit And my hopper is camo) under the dead grass so it acted like a Guille suit. and so i laid there for almost like 30 min. i wated to move so badly and i started to itch so i was like bearing thru the pain lol. and i was like the last guy on the team. and they stepped on my damn hand :( they wore boots.....hurts like hell. and so they walk past me and i pop up and Win the game by shooting the hell out of them....If i get a chance ill take a picture of the jungle. BTW there were only 3 people left on the enemy team. and they were crouched sitting down discussing my where abouts. i laughed on the inside...

I got done paintballing yesterday. kicked some @$$. Me and my friend Were defending so what we did is Hid near this open field ( you have to walk thru there to get further into the Jungle) there was a bunch of trees so what i did was Grabbed some broken logs and put them in front of me but i was able to see thru a small slit. and my friend is a few feet away from me behind a tree. so we wait there and the other team walks by and my friend goes "NOW" and we waisted them with our full hoppers :D. I could have swore they saw me i mean they looked RIGHT at me like 20 different times.

Then we had one match left and We had no other good places to hide so. In the open field is a bunch of dead grass (we got out of winter like a few months ago so its taking time for the Grass and trees to regrow) So i laid down (i wear a Digi camo Suit And my hopper is camo) under the dead grass so it acted like a Guille suit. and so i laid there for almost like 30 min. i wated to move so badly and i started to itch so i was like bearing thru the pain lol. and i was like the last guy on the team. and they stepped on my damn hand :( they wore boots.....hurts like hell. and so they walk past me and i pop up and Win the game by shooting the hell out of them....If i get a chance ill take a picture of the jungle. BTW there were only 3 people left on the enemy team. and they were crouched sitting down discussing my where abouts. i laughed on the inside...

hahahah nice job, that is an awesome story. Your patience won your team the game, nice going man, respect.

I cant find my camera but i did find a picture of what it looks like. When i find it ill Take a pic of all my gear and post it

tn-sp1-heavy-L.jpg here is one that looks like mine. Just without a Camo Hopper

SMART-PARTS-SP-1-TACTICAL-PAINTBALL-GUN-PACKAGE-MD.jpg This is what it looks like from the side

Right now I have Woodland Digi Camo because the Jungle Is dead, But on the 27th my brother from the marines is coming downing and he's bringing me some Green Digi camo and if he can a boonie hat like they wear tis gonna be awesome. Because the Jungle is starting to get greener. so my woodland Digi camo will be obsolete :(

97840,1219671821,2.jpg The top Left Corner is The camo i am getting the Bottom Right is similar Digi camo i already have.

I was also thinking that if i got a Camo Bandanna that i could wrap it around the Barrel and Poke holes where the Barrel holes are and use it to further The Stealth of my gun also. that Or some kind of cloth that is camo and ill wrap it around the barrel and poke holes where necessary

I cant find my camera but i did find a picture of what it looks like. When i find it ill Take a pic of all my gear and post it

tn-sp1-heavy-L.jpg here is one that looks like mine. Just without a Camo Hopper

SMART-PARTS-SP-1-TACTICAL-PAINTBALL-GUN-PACKAGE-MD.jpg This is what it looks like from the side

Right now I have Woodland Digi Camo because the Jungle Is dead, But on the 27th my brother from the marines is coming downing and he's bringing me some Green Digi camo and if he can a boonie hat like they wear tis gonna be awesome. Because the Jungle is starting to get greener. so my woodland Digi camo will be obsolete :(

97840,1219671821,2.jpg The top Left Corner is The camo i am getting the Bottom Right is similar Digi camo i already have.

I was also thinking that if i got a Camo Bandanna that i could wrap it around the Barrel and Poke holes where the Barrel holes are and use it to further The Stealth of my gun also. that Or some kind of cloth that is camo and ill wrap it around the barrel and poke holes where necessary

Awesome looking gun. Don't go walking down main street with that thing or you'll get dropped faster than a... well just don't :)