Need help with installing 2.60b patch

Seaside

Hello everyone, today i decided to get the 2.60b patch. So i went there : http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/3204-this-is-for-all-wet-players-patch-your-et/ and downloaded the two links and stuff. I am now running ET from the 2.60b version. The thing is I can not connect to every server, I wanted to scrim earlier with some F|A members but it was impossible to join the scrim server on the 2.60b version. I got this error message : "couldnt load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version" ... And i don't know what to do, can anyone help me out? :hmm

(*I can connect to FA Hardcore server from 2.60b version tho)

• Administrators

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1065/screenshot4qd.png

my etmain folder is big, what do you need to see exactly?

Post the other part of screenshot. i..e scroll down and take another screenshot. :) I would like to see your full etmain folder.

• Administrators

You didn't applied the patch correctly. I can't see any pk3 called pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 in your etmain folder.

Also, I see you have too many pk3. I would say clean out old maps. The more maps you have, the more you will lag and higher loading time.

Ok seaside i had same problem the other day Click here Download it and then extract it to your Wolfenstein enemy territory folder.

Trust me it worked ^^!

Yours truly,

Ddog

What do you mean with extract?? my english is nuub lol, i did this... idno if its right or not lol

34fxklj.png

EDIT: lmao i unzipped it now! i put the ones that r in etmain to etmain,what about the rest? =o HALP :D

LMFAO ur susposed to extract it to ur desktop then put all the mp in etmain then the rest in W:ET folder and if you need any help i could do it for you through teamveiwer lolz.

Yours truly,

Ddog.

I really don't understand why you guys always trying to help each other with complicated stuff or redirect them to outside the forum when the easy answers sometimes are just under your nose:

http://fearless-assassins.com/links/link/18-wolfenstein-et-patch-260-26b-pb-v2213/

a lot of time on forum i see people asking for help how to update pb or install game or some easy questions and everyone give his personal way how to deal with stuff or give external links or.. or.. When some of us did the nice job by creating some easy simple tutorials that may help without tweaking your head off :(

read the tutorials we made and look to the links we gave and if you don't find anything try little search on forum cuz surely someone before you had the same issue, even Daredevil with this topic HERE which can be more easy if he point to our full patch but he didn't, and reading the topic make it like it's complicated to update :angry:

big kick in the ass for all :spank

• Like 1