Alabama

GraveDigger

*raises hand* :x

oh wait i just saw u got a job in Birmingham. As far as birmingham goes I don't know much about it :) I live in north alabama (huntsville) and I have only been to bham a few times. to see a basketball game for my highschool and had job training near there. other than that i have only driven through it! :P

but alabama itself is a nice place. hope you enjoy it!

Great football team :D

I'd love to go to one of their games.

that too :P

if u live in alabama you should become an Alabama football fan. Their rival is Auburn (also in alabama) dont pick them boooooo :P

roll tide!!!!!!!!!

*raises hand* :x

oh wait i just saw u got a job in Birmingham. As far as birmingham goes I don't know much about it :) I live in north alabama (huntsville) and I have only been to bham a few times. to see a basketball game for my highschool and had job training near there. other than that i have only driven through it! :P

but alabama itself is a nice place. hope you enjoy it!

Thanks Corey, I am really looking forward to moving there.

that too :P

if u live in alabama you should become an Alabama football fan. Their rival is Auburn (also in alabama) dont pick them boooooo :P

roll tide!!!!!!!!!

I am a LONGHORNS fan Corey, but when in Rome..........., Roll Tide!!!!!!!

i stayed there for a month, some 20 miles off birmingham. dunno i dint like it much. preferred Atlanta to it. btw whats ur job profile?

I am just getting in to the field of non-destructive testing. (i.e. Ultrasonic testing, Radiography, Eddy Current, Magnetic Particle, etc....)

This is the process of testing a variety of materials for their integrity--without damaging the material.

Example: Testing the rivets on an aircraft to make sure that they are not going to fail. For this you would use an Eddy Current probe to check for corrosion and or thickness variations.

I want to specialize in automated radiography but it will take a few years to get involved with that I think.

If anybody out there is trying to decide on a career then this is a good one to choose. There is a need for inspectors all over the world because just about EVERYTHING gets tested at some point in its life span.

I am just getting in to the field of non-destructive testing. (i.e. Ultrasonic testing, Radiography, Eddy Current, Magnetic Particle, etc....)

This is the process of testing a variety of materials for their integrity--without damaging the material.

Example: Testing the rivets on an aircraft to make sure that they are not going to fail. For this you would use an Eddy Current probe to check for corrosion and or thickness variations.

I want to specialize in automated radiography but it will take a few years to get involved with that I think.

If anybody out there is trying to decide on a career then this is a good one to choose. There is a need for inspectors all over the world because just about EVERYTHING gets tested at some point in its life span.

thanks sounds very interesting and sure there is tremendous scope. if your getting work exp in testing why not look at quality control as a specialization?