leak stopped

GraveDigger

Great news. I hope the low pressure is a sign the well was more depleted than expected and not a sign of a sea floor fracture leaking oil. I am so excited it has stopped, but now I worry that we are about to see the nasty effects of the 500,000+ barrels of Corexit dispersant that have been so far injected in deep gulf waters (it has up till now only been used for surface dispersing) One of the side effects of it is Aquatic Toxicity further poisoning and killing marine life there. The long term effects are unknown..... I have a bad feeling we are about to learn just how nasty this stuff really is. Some fear because it is dispersing the oil from the surface a lot of the now Corexit tainted (though somewhat dispersed) oil is making its way to the sea floor for a devastating ecological catastrophe.

If it were up to me there would be public executions for everyone involved in circumventing the maintenance requirements, the person(s) that made the final decision not to install an acoustic switch triggered shut off valve simply because the US law does not require it, and the CEO (he may not have had much to do with it directly but he is the highest profile BP exec so the example would get across nice and clear). In my opinion these people are directly responsible for not only the environmental disaster but for the deaths (what I consider murders) of the oil rig workers who were killed in the blast. If the workers who became ill working on the boats spreading the Corectix dispersant because they were not wearing respirators (BP made them sign a contract not to wear a respirator because people would correctly believe that Corectix is highly toxic if they saw the workers wearing protection from it) end up dead then I believe they should be jailed on charges of Implied Malice on top of the other charges possible (of course assuming that they are not executed).

Edited by AntiThought
  • Like 1

has anyone else heard about the giant bubble near where the oil gusher was plugged? its suppose to contain benzine methane and some other toxic fumes, if that bubble cracks the surface the clean up effort will surely be stopped, since does toxic fumes cause cancer in the lungs and all kinds of problems, and if a hurricane comes it can spread it all around the southern states~ like ive said before plan for the worst hope for the best

Glad the leak is sealed. Now the problem is that BP is gonna force the government to sue them for civil damages and BP is gonna win due to lack of evidence. All that oil and damage that is gonna occur till its finally fully cleaned up will be a minimal charge that what they really should pay. Talk about a lame way to keep your money when you know you fkd up.<_<