fps

Jorz

i need help.I play at f-a begginers XP save for ever and from yesterday i have a problem,punkbuster kicks me all the time.i get this:http://img812.imageshack.us/i/fps.jpg/

and when i click reconnect it says "unpure pk3 files",what should i do?sorry if this is a stupid question :/

You have been kicked becoz the cvar (Client Variable) in your config file is set to 400 which is out of limit of PunkBuster allowed limits. Dont worry about it, its easy to fix.

It seems like you are using someones config file

Dont open up game.

First go to your ET folder then open etmain folder and open autoexec.cfg file with notepad. Now hit Ctrl - F and type "com_maxfps" . Click Find. Now there must be 400 written next to that word in Quotation marks.

For eg.

set com_maxfps "400"

Now change No. 400 to 76 or 125.

Now run the game. When you join the server quickly type this in console( To open console press key below Esc "~")

/exec autoexec.cfg

Now you can enjoy gaming.

About your "unpure pk3 files" problem just quit ET and start it again.

• Like 1

If i get kicked by PB and try to reconnect i get this unpure PK3 files or smth like that too :D , but now if i get kicked i choose MODS , select this mod what this server is running what i was playing and then reconnect to this server again, then i don,t have any PK3 files crap :D but i can,t tell anything about this :http://img812.imageshack.us/i/fps.jpg/ problem :D

You have been kicked becoz the cvar (Client Variable) in your config file is set to 400 which is out of limit of PunkBuster allowed limits. Dont worry about it, its easy to fix.

Dont open up game.

First go to your ET folder then open etmain folder and open autoexec.cfg file with notepad. Now hit Ctrl - F and type "com_maxfps" . Click Find. Now there must be 400 written next to that word in Quotation marks.

For eg.

set com_maxfps "400"

Now run the game. When you join the server quickly type this in console( To open console press key below Esc "~")

/exec autoexec.cfg

thanks for the quick reply :)i will try it,i have never been good at notepad xD but it seems easy :D

Dont open up game.

wtf?i didnt do anything :/ and it also now said i need to update punkbuster,but i will do what you said.and when i click "play online" in the upper side of the screen it tell me welcome player 400000...(something like that) but before i was 3090346(something like that)

Dont open up game.

For eg.

set com_maxfps "400"

/exec autoexec.cfg

ok i have done it,yeah it was easy :P.but when i go to console and type something is seems like a message(like when i press T) is that ok?and also the "set com_maxfps "400 was 200 in mine file...

You need to have / in front of the command so console can recognise it as a command and not as a message. So if you have done it right nothing should be displayed in global chat or any chat at all.

So it's:

/set com_maxfps 76

or

/set com_maxfps 125

or any value between 43 and 333 (values allowed by PB, lower than that or higher than that will get you kicked).

There's no point in setting high fps values if your computer can't handle them and keep them stable. The more stable the fps is, the better you will be able to play.

• Like 1

You need to have / in front of the command so console can recognise it as a command and not as a message. So if you have done it right nothing should be displayed in global chat or any chat at all.

So it's:

/set com_maxfps 76

or

/set com_maxfps 125

or any value between 43 and 333 (values allowed by PB, lower than that or higher than that will get you kicked).

There's no point in setting high fps values if your computer can't handle them and keep them stable. The more stable the fps is, the better you will be able to play.

ok thank you :) could you explain what fps means?i am new :/ i have set it to 76

ok thank you :) could you explain what fps means?i am new :/ i have set it to 76

FPS in other words = Frames Per Seconds. What means, higher you set them "faster" gameplay will be.

FPS in other words = Frames Per Seconds. What means, higher you set them "faster" gameplay will be.

Not necessarily. It just means the frames will refresh faster and the game will play out a bit more smoothly. And the higher your fps then the recoil seems to get bigger and bigger. Best value is 76 if you have an ok computer and 125 if you have a bit better one. If you have a gaming beast then 333 is alright to use i guess.

Not necessarily. It just means the frames will refresh faster and the game will play out a bit more smoothly. And the higher your fps then the recoil seems to get bigger and bigger. Best value is 76 if you have an ok computer and 125 if you have a bit better one. If you have a gaming beast then 333 is alright to use i guess.

Yeah, it runs bit more smoothly as you said. That's why i've put faster in quation marks.

You can also just do /vid_restart in console once you get kicked, instead of leaving ET, reopening and doing all of that. Just do /vid_restart and then /reconnect

You can also just do /vid_restart in console once you get kicked, instead of leaving ET, reopening and doing all of that. Just do /vid_restart and then /reconnect

i have another 2 questions:1st in some server i can press F12 and record a demo,and when i will stop then where can i find it?(it is a video right?) and question2:i have seen some ppl press /record on console,is about to record a video?and if it is please tell me how to watch what i record.

i have another 2 questions:1st in some server i can press F12 and record a demo,and when i will stop then where can i find it?(it is a video right?) and question2:i have seen some ppl press /record on console,is about to record a video?and if it is please tell me how to watch what i record.

"/record" will record a .dm_84 file, which you can view in ET (through the mod you recorded it in, and its main menu… or by entering "/demo demoname" in the console.

If you're on an ETPub server, the recorded demo will be in "Wolfenstein ET\etpub\demos". On a Jaymod server, it would be in "jaymod\demos" instead, and etc.

Edited by Brisk