How Would I Set Up A Home Ran Jaymod Server?

no D: there is a way that u can run a home hosted server from ur own computer.. and it will run off ur computer and wifi that u use.. that is how to add bots.. that will come in handy if i can get a server running. but thanks! =D

By connection he meant on download/upload speed, not the signal strength from your wifi. I don't know much about setting up servers but you would need very high speeds to get your server running smoothly, also server would use a lot of bandwidth and no server uses wifi connection. You might also run into problems with your router or firewall(s) blocking ports thus making your server invisible to the rest of the world. A friend tried setting up server once so we could play 1on1 and he went through lot of trouble before he did it right.

It can also be useful to practice maps to learn new paths, find new areas, and try new techniques for getting passed obstacles.

You can also use a local server like that for you and maybe 3 to 5 friends to do some small scale playing.

hey guys i was just wanting to set up my own home jaymod server just to see what it would be like. can you guys help me plz?

here is a good place to start:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16703

and here:

http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2067

• 1 month later...

I'm a little behind but here you go http://news.softpedia.com/news/Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-Server-Setup-43071.shtml

When you are creating a "home" server here is how you tell it that it is a server:

+set vm_game 0 +set sv_pure 1 +set dedicated 2 +net_ip 81.23.245.267 +net_port 27960 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec et.server.cfg

That goes at the end of the target path after the quotations, ie. "C:Program Files\Wolfenstien ET\" +set vm_game 0 +set sv_pure 1 +set dedicated 2 +net_ip 81.23.245.267 +net_port 27960 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec et.server.cfg

Adjust it accordingly and it will be a start. Change the ip to what you ip address on the internet is (whatismyip.com) and make sure that the config that it is executing is the same name as yours.

The other big problem you will probably run into is port forwarding like Saizou pointed out. Some routers will work fine without you needing to add the port forwarding. Some will need some tweaking, and others just flat won't work no matter what you do. If you are the only system on your network then plug straight into your modem to bypass this.

You can xfire me if you have questions.

Edited by Nugget