Error with some map

MummyT

• Leader

Was the error something like "CMod_LoadBrushSides: bad shaderNum: " followed by a decimal or hexadecimal number?

Can you get an SS or does ET just quit completely?  

yes, it is like that:

Was the error something like "CMod_LoadBrushSides: bad shaderNum: " followed by a decimal or hexadecimal number

ET does not quit. I throws me to start Screen. But all my joymod Settings are resetted.

Edited by MummyT

• Leader

Try to redownload the map, delete the one u have in etmain and dl it again, sometimes u get corrupted file and a simple redownloading again fixes it.

That is what I was reading in old Wolfenstein forums.  The source code has a number of "CMod_" error-checks for a variety of map shaders, brushes, etc.  

But all my joymod Settings are resetted.

Not sure if you use/have a custom config, but the way to fix that would be to /exec %configname%.cfg (like Xernicus.cfg)

If you don't have your customized cvars saved in a config, you can try /exec etconfig.cfg, but that may also leave you in the same situation if those cvars got reset for "unsafe" values.

You are more than welcome to request a custom config to be made for you in this subforum: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/206-et-scripts-configs/

• Leader

. But all my joymod Settings are resetted.

Ah, yes.  That is another reason why I keep current copies of my profile-config files backed up. 

It sounds like ET was protecting itself by resetting the mod's config cvars to the default ones, in case it was something in your config that caused the run-time error.  

Woops:  I should have read all of the replies before posting this one!  I will learn some day. :)

Edited by RedBaird

I have deleted the maps and maybe re-download solves the problem - thx for answers.

P.S. I played this map in the past on other servers in the far past, maybe not with jaymod, and it worked.

Edited by MummyT