• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Black Textures?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:14
  • Server:None
  • Steam ID:https://steamcommunity.com/id/DarkPrinny
Contributor
Lol rolled back drivers, computer completely messed up and wouldn't start so i had to do system restore. Clean install and I still got the problem. I mean look at MLB_Temple !!

Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Krayzie

Krayzie

F7LTHY

• Co-Leader
  • 3,015 posts
Name known to all
  • EvolveHQ:KrayZie
  • Admin:19
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • Alias:Pie*Man, F7LTHY
  • Steam ID:U:1:44471533
  • T-M:ET: 0-0
    CoD: 13-7

Donator

Lol rolled back drivers, computer completely messed up and wouldn't start so i had to do system restore. Clean install and I still got the problem. I mean look at MLB_Temple !!

Posted Image

Lol alot of hiding spots for both teams!:yahoo

Papito*

Papito*

The Love Maker

• ET Member
  • 4,988 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:15
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:Mex!ckano
  • T-M:ET: 3-2
Contributor
That's MLB Temple 2, lOl, you should sniper there!!!!

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor
If issue is not solved try release 10.4 of ATI.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
Contributor

If issue is not solved try release 10.4 of ATI.

I will wait for the 10.7 release which should be coming soon =P. The only reason I don't want to go to any drivers before 10.5 is because they were pretty unstable for my cards when in crossfire and I would always get random screen freezes during some games.

NoGooD

NoGooD

L7: Teacher

• Clan Friend
  • 1,092 posts
Getting Better

10.5 is giving me the same issues. Apparently some users reported issues with 10.5 and black textures. But 10.6 came and everyone has the problem lol. They said they will make a fix for 10.7 and it has something to do with OpenGL.

Onion, when I first got my 4870, I was having issues related to drivers that were causing me low FPS. I tried rolling back drivers with no luck. The best solution I found was to dump the Catalyst Control Center and download ATI Tray Tools. I'm still unsure of what the exact problem was and found many different "fixes" on the web.

Tray tools seemed to work better than the CCC, but I dumped it for CCC in a later driver upgrade. I'm still not having issues with 10.5 save for the quicksilver effect which if you don't draw your gun you likely won't notice. I only mention it because it seemed to solve a few issues for me so hopefully it will do the same for you.

Link: http://downloads.gur...oad.php?det=733

SkyeDarkhawk

SkyeDarkhawk

L4: Apprentice

• Inactive Member
  • 424 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:12
  • Steam ID:SkyeDarkhawk
I did post a quote from another thread that mentions how to manually set your voltages and idle clocks to be used by CCC and it's profile features, it just might save the day.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
Contributor

I did post a quote from another thread that mentions how to manually set your voltages and idle clocks to be used by CCC and it's profile features, it just might save the day.

Can you post a link =) ? Also does it work for non reference cards? Because I tried some programs like MSI Afterburner and apparently nothing can be done to change voltages (Lol its hard to find reference cards unless your buying the cards when they are first released).

SkyeDarkhawk

SkyeDarkhawk

L4: Apprentice

• Inactive Member
  • 424 posts
  • Admin:12
  • Steam ID:SkyeDarkhawk
Here's the link:
http://fearless-assa...dpost__p__91538

What I believe you'll need to do is go ahead an install the 10.4 update, and try to work as quickly as you can (unless the system is completely unstable). Open up the CCC and create a new Profile (Double click the ATi icon, select the Profiles menu option, and select Profile Manager. Type in a name for the new profile, a short description for it, and click the checkbox and then click Save, then close.) Once you've done that, you can follow the relative path to the Application Data (it's in a slightly different location in Windows 7), and find the XML that matches the title you typed in for that profile. You'll be editing that XML file to change the settings for your card.

<Jose>

<Jose>

L3: Novice

• Banned
  • 256 posts
  • Admin:0
If only i ahd read this thread before i got 10.6. Timimg fml

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
Contributor

If only i ahd read this thread before i got 10.6. Timimg fml

LOL not you too Jose D=. Also I went back to 10.6 unfortunately because for some bizzare reason 10.4 wouldn't allow any form of overclocking or else it would be unstable (I also followed Skyedark's instructions to increase the idle speeds and mem, which was a nice trick). But the weird thing was this. Even at stock settings in AMD Overdrive, they said overdrive settings were unstable LOL. So I underclocked it and it was still "unstable" when testing it in AMD overdrive. So i was like wtf is going on? Even before I edited the profile like Skyedark said, it gave me the same response.

Saizou

Saizou

• Leader
  • 1,445 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:Saizou, Boris
Contributor
Sorry for reviving the dead thread, but with 10-7 still not in sight I had to go with 10-6 so now I'm stuck with broken textures too. So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get older versions of those drivers (namely 10-4, for AGP HD 4650 or any kind of AGP hotfix drivers). Googled them but can't find any.

Any insight is appreciated.

NoGooD

NoGooD

• Clan Friend
  • 1,092 posts
Getting Better

Sorry for reviving the dead thread, but with 10-7 still not in sight I had to go with 10-6 so now I'm stuck with broken textures too. So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get older versions of those drivers (namely 10-4, for AGP HD 4650 or any kind of AGP hotfix drivers). Googled them but can't find any.

Any insight is appreciated.

Your location says Croatia, so I don't know if this is of help unless english is a primary or secondary language.

I found this on the ATI us website. I believe that the catalyst drivers support PCI-e and AGP cards. I did find a hotfix for agp cards using 10.6 that weren't being detected, although for your problem I don't think it'll help

This should take you to the ATI US website for older ATI drivers
http://support.amd.c...deonaiw_xp.aspx

iAmweAsel

iAmweAsel

L6: Expert

• ET Member
  • 961 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:15
  • Server:Hardcore ET
i had some issues too in the past. hmm a restart (pc) helped.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

L10: Grand Master

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor
ATI new drivers 10.7 is coming this Monday or Tuesday with the fix to the bug on drivers 10.5 & 10.6, so 3 days left :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users