Black Textures?

OnionKnight

Lol rolled back drivers, computer completely messed up and wouldn't start so i had to do system restore. Clean install and I still got the problem. I mean look at MLB_Temple !!

99677700-4.jpg

Lol rolled back drivers, computer completely messed up and wouldn't start so i had to do system restore. Clean install and I still got the problem. I mean look at MLB_Temple !!

99677700-4.jpg

Lol alot of hiding spots for both teams!:yahoo

• 2 weeks later...

If issue is not solved try release 10.4 of ATI.

I will wait for the 10.7 release which should be coming soon =P. The only reason I don't want to go to any drivers before 10.5 is because they were pretty unstable for my cards when in crossfire and I would always get random screen freezes during some games.

10.5 is giving me the same issues. Apparently some users reported issues with 10.5 and black textures. But 10.6 came and everyone has the problem lol. They said they will make a fix for 10.7 and it has something to do with OpenGL.

Onion, when I first got my 4870, I was having issues related to drivers that were causing me low FPS. I tried rolling back drivers with no luck. The best solution I found was to dump the Catalyst Control Center and download ATI Tray Tools. I'm still unsure of what the exact problem was and found many different "fixes" on the web.

Tray tools seemed to work better than the CCC, but I dumped it for CCC in a later driver upgrade. I'm still not having issues with 10.5 save for the quicksilver effect which if you don't draw your gun you likely won't notice. I only mention it because it seemed to solve a few issues for me so hopefully it will do the same for you.

Link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

I did post a quote from another thread that mentions how to manually set your voltages and idle clocks to be used by CCC and it's profile features, it just might save the day.

I did post a quote from another thread that mentions how to manually set your voltages and idle clocks to be used by CCC and it's profile features, it just might save the day.

Can you post a link =) ? Also does it work for non reference cards? Because I tried some programs like MSI Afterburner and apparently nothing can be done to change voltages (Lol its hard to find reference cards unless your buying the cards when they are first released).

Here's the link:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/8482-black-textures/page__view__findpost__p__91538

What I believe you'll need to do is go ahead an install the 10.4 update, and try to work as quickly as you can (unless the system is completely unstable). Open up the CCC and create a new Profile (Double click the ATi icon, select the Profiles menu option, and select Profile Manager. Type in a name for the new profile, a short description for it, and click the checkbox and then click Save, then close.) Once you've done that, you can follow the relative path to the Application Data (it's in a slightly different location in Windows 7), and find the XML that matches the title you typed in for that profile. You'll be editing that XML file to change the settings for your card.

If only i ahd read this thread before i got 10.6. Timimg fml

LOL not you too Jose D=. Also I went back to 10.6 unfortunately because for some bizzare reason 10.4 wouldn't allow any form of overclocking or else it would be unstable (I also followed Skyedark's instructions to increase the idle speeds and mem, which was a nice trick). But the weird thing was this. Even at stock settings in AMD Overdrive, they said overdrive settings were unstable LOL. So I underclocked it and it was still "unstable" when testing it in AMD overdrive. So i was like wtf is going on? Even before I edited the profile like Skyedark said, it gave me the same response.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for reviving the dead thread, but with 10-7 still not in sight I had to go with 10-6 so now I'm stuck with broken textures too. So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get older versions of those drivers (namely 10-4, for AGP HD 4650 or any kind of AGP hotfix drivers). Googled them but can't find any.

Any insight is appreciated.

Sorry for reviving the dead thread, but with 10-7 still not in sight I had to go with 10-6 so now I'm stuck with broken textures too. So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get older versions of those drivers (namely 10-4, for AGP HD 4650 or any kind of AGP hotfix drivers). Googled them but can't find any.

Any insight is appreciated.

Your location says Croatia, so I don't know if this is of help unless english is a primary or secondary language.

I found this on the ATI us website. I believe that the catalyst drivers support PCI-e and AGP cards. I did find a hotfix for agp cards using 10.6 that weren't being detected, although for your problem I don't think it'll help

This should take you to the ATI US website for older ATI drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx

• Like 1