Need Help Starting Out

Pabbatt Blue

Recently I've noticed many people that are ET members come try out Insurgency. Well I want to try out ET. Karizmatic the fine man he is helped me find a link to DL the game. I'm trying to join an F=A server but it wont. =/. Displays a message saying server connection isn't pure or something like that???? Can anyone help me out here? I have no clue.

• Like 2

Are you running ET as an administrator? Was your download clean of maps and such things (they can maybe be compromised or can corrupt your files when you try to connect to a server)? Did you patch up to 2.60b? Or simply tried another F|A server?

Edit: I had this problem too for a while a few weeks ago. A pc reboot and (logically) an ET restart was all it took for me to successfully connect to a server.

• Like 3

This is a good question.

Typically, yes. Admin for one game, admin for all.

However, Insurgency is being handled differently at the time being because it is a new game. Last I seen, Insurgency players would need to apply for COD and ET, unless properly promoted. Seeing as you are now level 14, you are considered an actual member. (As in you've proved yourself to give  a shit in multiple areas, not only in game) So, welcome on that end. /highfive

Be forewarned, do not put on FA tags until you have been set up on server. To prevent tag stealing, FA wolfenstein servers have an auto warn/ auto kick feature for people wearing FA tags before they have admin levels. In order to be set on server, you will need to ask a level 17+ member to set you. 

You will also need to provide both your ET and Silent GUIDs in your forum profile. (Unique identification numbers.)

How to get ET GUID: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/142-how-to-submit-your-guid-with-pics/

How to get SIlent server GUID: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/358-how-to-submit-your-silent-guid/

Once those are found and placed in your profile, feel free to PM staff+ and ask if those numbers are correct, and if they are, see if they can help set you on server. 

Protip: DO NOT post either Sil or ET GUID in public forum. People can f*** with your shit if they find out those numbers. Only Staff+ can see them in your profile.

• Like 2