Sounds Messed Up

Puni

Hey guys

Since yesterday my sound messed up, at first I had no sounds at all (only ET), then after I somehow fixed it, the quality of the sounds is very bad.. and I need to set /s_volume very high to be able to hear anything.

[used to play on /s_volume 0.3]

Any help or ideas ?

Thanks

Puni.

• Platinum VIP

Yes! I was going to post this. My ET sounds on all servers sound very muffled. Like you can't hear grenade countdown ticking at all, and everything else is just off. It's only in et

weird I noticed than mine was at the opposite increased after the latest Windows Updates.. I guess you both are not under windows 10.. So could it be different consequences from an OS version to an other after updating. In some announcements about these udpates, some were also fixes for DJ'ing softwares for example so on.

Edited by Ann!b@l

• Platinum VIP

weird I noticed than mine was at the opposite increased after the latest Windows Updates.. I guess you both are not under windows 10.. So could it be different consequences from an OS version to an other after updating. In some announcements about these udpates, some were also fixes for DJ'ing softwares for example so on.

I am. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, or whatever it's called. This just started yesterday

Lost you, but I might allow the update that waiting or few days to be apply, maybe it will fix it

in few words the sound changed for me too since the latest windows updates.. Even though they didn't include a sound card driver.

side note: check maybe the sound settings through its driver or windows settings. An update of the sound card driver through Windows Update might have reset your usual settings like it's often the case.

Fixed it in myself after all.

I was check and saw that I got my speakers & Realek Digital output as sounds devices, and somehow the Realtek Digital took the control.

Now only my speakers are able to make sounds and all good.

Glad it was fixed for you Puni! :)

It's only on the servers that this is happening. Anything else I do with my computer and the sound is normal

What are the features globally enabled for your sound? Also check all your sound settings in game.. Type this \s_ and then TAB.. All the sound settings will be listed.

• Platinum VIP

Glad it was fixed for you Puni! :)

What are the features globally enabled for your sound? Also check all your sound settings in game.. Type this \s_ and then TAB.. All the sound settings will be liste

2016-11-18-041937-beerrun_b7a_zpsrlilkyx

Not sure what it means

• Platinum VIP

I think it's my et install is slightly corrupted so I'm gonna re-d/l it from here, backup my silent.dat and etmain folder and uninstall/reinstall it. I see some other things that don't seem right, too. Nothing major but just not right.

Glad it was fixed for you Puni!  :)

What are the features globally enabled for your sound? Also check all your sound settings in game.. Type this \s_ and then TAB.. All the sound settings will be listed.

Thanks Anni :)

Hip.

First, try to get

/s_khz 22

/s_doppler 1

/s_volume 0.6 or 0.8

/snd_restart

Works ?

• Platinum VIP

Too late, mate. Did the reinstall, all is good now.

A reinstall is a good thing occasionally. Cleans out the junk, keeps everything fresh :)

thx

Edited by -=HipKat=-