MS Office: ctfmon.exe (rarely)
CyberCorder: cybrcrdr.exe
Paessler Router Traffic Grapher: prtg4.exe
3dnasys.exe
mIRCStats
[possibly] PeerGuardian
iTunes
Realtek Audio

Start ruling out stuff then, trial & error route.
- It's not the game due to multiple re-installations of clean copies
- Its not your windows installation due to it being brand new

*Double check with windows updates

Does your Mobo have integrated graphics? Try taking out your graphics card to rule it out completely
Try running et in compatibility mode for winXP

I searched other forums, a few people said PB was the issue.
Maybe do a clean copy of PB?

Uninstall from add & remove normally

1- delete manually all presence of punkbuster:
-c:\windows\system32\PnkBstr*.* (4 files)
-c:\windows\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys (1 file)
-(your path, usually c:\program files)...\wolf\pb (remove completely the directory named "pb")
-c:\users\(name you're using)\AppData\local\punkbuster (remove completely the directory named "punkbuster")
-to access "appdata" you need to make visible system/hidden folders and you might need administrator rights

Note: In case you cannot delete one or more files because the service is already running, just apply point 2 then do point 1 all over again. Sometimes the PnkBstrA service is running and don't allow you to remove some files. You need to stop it first.

2- use pbsvc.exe and select "uninstall/remove punkbuster service". Remove punkbuster.
you can download it from http://www.evenbalance.com

3- reboot

Do a file search to double check for missed files. 

Check Task Manager & Services to see if pb is running after uninstallation

Edit: Just saw your new post. That's great news! Hopefully it is windows updates! Also, etkey shouldn't be a problem at all since its just a text file. 

Edited by Extalibanman
  • Like 1

Thanks to your post.

No, i haven't Onboard graphic. Only the graphiccard.

But funny is it anyway. Otherwise it has also worked with Windows 7 without problems.

I hope now everything works.

Now i need my adminlevels back :DNow kicked by my clan tags. I deleted them first.

Now i need my adminlevels back :D Now kicked by my clan tags. I deleted them first.

No problem, we're all here to help each other if needed  :D

ETkey should no way affect your game.

You can just put back your old Etkey.....unless you didn't back it up!

If you didn't back it up make sure to submit your new GUID

And here's how to back it up Link: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/198-backing-up-restoring-your-etkey-guid/

Best way I think to back it up is to send it to yourself in an email, so its online just in case your computer breaks. 

See you in game Soldier!  :camper

• Like 1

No problem, we're all here to help each other if needed  :D

ETkey should no way affect your game.

You can just put back your old Etkey.....unless you didn't back it up!

If you didn't back it up make sure to submit your new GUID

And here's how to back it up Link: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/198-backing-up-restoring-your-etkey-guid/

Best way I think to back it up is to send it to yourself in an email, so its online just in case your computer breaks. 

See you in game Soldier!  :camper

Fortunately, I have made a backup on another hard disk. So etkey must now be right again.

Will it test the same time if everything works again.
Thanks a lot, really! B)
  • Like 1

everyone keeps forgetting about primitives..... seta r_primitives 2

brand\model of your graphic card?

I did not.. Hence my question.. primitives 2 if AMD or very old card.. set it on 2 while conditions aren't fulfilled gonna not fix his issue but gonna make it worse.

• Like 2

You could open the Task Manager and watch the network traffic graph before and after you start ET, just for the information.  

told him to check this with it few hours ago while on server, but nothing abnormal according his checking.. In all case, he had r_pimitives set on 2 and set it back to 0 reduced a bit his lags. :)

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

http://www.driverscloud.com/de/start

Go on this website, follow instructions and check than all your drivers are up to date..  Don't always rely on drivers from windows update.

Nice site! I have to check this out

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

Last night I was again on the server and there was the connection so far in order. No ping jumps and barely jerky. Also, the sound was so fluid, except for a few hangers in the sound between

Nice site! I have to check this out

yeah a nice site! It was what I had the habit to use in the past for quickly finding every latest drivers for my whole hardware instead to search one by one. ;)

Last night I was again on the server and there was the connection so far in order. No ping jumps and barely jerky. Also, the sound was so fluid, except for a few hangers in the sound between

Does it mean it was a driver issue like I suspected and that it's now fixed (even though it's still improvable)?

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

yeah a nice site! It was what I had the habit to use in the past for quickly finding every latest drivers for my whole hardware instead to search one by one. ;)

It's the best site I've seen, ever, for driver updates. Thanks!

Does it mean it was a driver issue like I suspected and that it's now fixed (even though it's still improvable)?

I guess. Even if I make pb_sleep 500 it is already better. However, I have to re-enter it after each restart. Sound driver I have already renewed. But with the jerks at the sound it is still.