Wolf: ET jerky after new Windows installation

nexX

Hey guys.

After I have reinstalled Windows, WET does not work properly anymore. The old system was WIN 10 and now i had WIN 7, because it runs better for my pc.

Now jerks but my W:ET. When I start the game I always have so small jerks in the menu. The problem is still available on servers. At the beginning I had 2.60b installed. Then installed again on 2.55. The problem is still present.

All drivers are actually.

Why is the problem all at once? I have copied all configs from before and after the Win 7 installation again inserted into the ET folder. Is it perhaps because of it?
I dont know any more and the playing is also no fun at time. :/

Help me guys, please...

What kind of "jerks" do you have happen?

Try putting a shortcut on your desktop, then right click > properties > compatibility > run program as administrator

Then try running ET, see if that helps.

Also, just double check all configs to see if they were transferred correctly. 

And SS's would help more to pinpoint the problem

• Platinum VIP

Going to Windows 7,etkey doesn't go in the /program files/wolfenstein/ folder. I have a tutorial on here somewhere, but I can't link it till I get home, but it goes in /username/app data/....

You can search for author HipKat, written just like that, to find it in the meantime

• Like 1

That depends in the middle. Also with the intro jerks or hangs it so funny. The music in the Intro jerks then synonymous.
Running as an administrator has brought nothing. Also a new etkey brings nothing.
And now I was also kicked off the server for 3 minutes, because I supposedly deleted my clan tags. But they are there: D

Would like to attach a demo as a file but I have no authorization to. Then you could see the problem. An Ss brings nothing.

No i've deleted ET from pc.

Reinstallation brings nothing...
Either it has something to do with the graphics or but the whole system image is something wrong.

Have ET again deleted and no files copied but with the normal standard config played. But these hangers are still. Cant describe it more precisely.

So it probably has nothing to do with the game but rather what to do with the system (graphics).

Would like to show you a demo. There it would have to be seen...

• Platinum VIP

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics card driver & updating them?

Maybe check its settings if its not integrated card.

Also, check system restore for an restore point created for a windows update recently. 

Their updates sometimes throw a whole system off balance

Rare occasions, some system bios settings control graphics cards. See if your's had any options for it.

• Like 1

I tried the newest and an older graphics card driver. Both problems.

My graphics card is the GT 220 with the driver 342.00 WHQL. So the latest.
The bios settings were not changed. Under Win 10 it worked so synonymous everything without problems.

The only thing I have been doing is the installation is Windows drivers.

It seems to be gone for the time being.
Have a few Windows updates installed and again on 2.60b updated. And I need my adminlevels back since I have also renewed the etkey.