Volvo V40 from 1999

ajnl

Hey guys,

Just bought a Volvo V40 from 1999 (2.0 version). Was wondering if there is a way to find out what radio is compatible with it? I've looked on google but searching "Volvo v40 1999 compatible radios" hasn't helped.

Does anyone here know?

I read from Finnish forums and someone had changed the original radio/cd player to this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH-X5500BT-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B00AAXQO7A

I have installed also some stereo systems and if your car has not the ISO adapter, get one.

Also might be a good idea to ask from some car hifi shops about the whole process and the fitting.

• Like 1

i had a Volvo V40  ^_^

1st- if you have the original radio, this have no ISO plug in

2nd- you have to remove the radio to look how many plug the radio have 2,3 or 4 backside (don't trust somebody he say: i know it, he have 3)

3rd- if you know how many plugs you need, you can the buy the Volvo to ISO adapter + 1 adapter for the radio aerial

btw: lucky guy, i have the old adapter from my Volvo V40

4lv8iii6.jpg

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
  • Like 3

i had a Volvo V40  ^_^

1st- if you have the original radio, this have no ISO plug in

2nd- you have to remove the radio to look how many plug the radio have 2,3 or 4 backside (don't trust somebody he say: i know it, he have 3)

3rd- if you know how many plugs you need, you can the buy the Volvo to ISO adapter + 1 adapter for the radio aerial

btw: lucky guy, i have the old adapter from my Volvo V40

4lv8iii6.jpg

Thanks for the information, I'll pull it out and take a picture tomorrow.

How much do you want for it? :P

I read from Finnish forums and someone had changed the original radio/cd player to this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH-X5500BT-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B00AAXQO7A

I have installed also some stereo systems and if your car has not the ISO adapter, get one.

Also might be a good idea to ask from some car hifi shops about the whole process and the fitting.

Would be pretty funny to put something like that in a car from 1999. hahaha

That plug should come with new stereo. Try to follow the wires and see if there is a connection further inside the dashboard. If there is, then you have already the ISO connection and that should fit any known brand cables like Sony, Kenwood....

If there is no other connection, you could just cut/paste those wires with the cable set the new stereo has, just learn and mark the wires which is power, ground, speakers...little bit harder task, but yet simple :D

• Like 1

sorry, not for your radio

you need  this:

and what is that? lol

That plug should come with new stereo. Try to follow the wires and see if there is a connection further inside the dashboard. If there is, then you have already the ISO connection and that should fit any known brand cables like Sony, Kenwood....

If there is no other connection, you could just cut/paste those wires with the cable set the new stereo has, just learn and mark the wires which is power, ground, speakers...little bit harder task, but yet simple :D

Alright, I'll check further back tomorrow. Thanks for the help :)

• Like 1