No pushing rule

Symfony

actually i like to push u from roof. do i get a warning now? :D

but when someone does it on some awkward spot it's not allowed

yes I would warn you, dont do that  :P

• Like 2

If there were no push, people would just troll in the doorways letting no one pass, that would be hilarious though 

Personally I dont mind being pushed at spawn but when someone does it on some awkward spot it's not allowed, couple pushes here and there is fine (if it's not ongoing)

Yes this is what I'm saying... some admins warn after one or two pushes from spawn when really everyone is both pushing and in the way.

• Like 1

Yeah there is no direct rule for it, here's whats mentioned on our wiki

3. Respect other players. Do not molest your own team players in any way. For example blocking mortars and pushing or obstructing covert ops. You will be warned, splated, kicked or banned depending on what admin feels right so that enjoyable environment is maintained on the server.

• Like 2

Yeah there is no direct rule for it, here's whats mentioned on our wiki

I just think that there should be a bit less harsh judgement sometimes.

• Like 1

I normally never warn anyone if pushed in spawn, since that's part of the game and for any semi decent player, he probably learned a thing or two about pushing, specially in the spawn or door way, hell even i push mostly when i spawn, since majority of players are soooooooooo god damn slow and it drives me nuts seeing them move like little turtles, a simple push makes them either move sideways so i can pass out easily or moves them thro the doors so we both can have a free way onwards. Never saw an issue with some push here and there, specially if in tight spaces such as spawnway or in some doorway where u want to get good position, goes that much more in the Hardcore server, where every second matters if u are to do obj, considering spawntimes are a bit longer, that one second can sometimes decide whether u get to obj first or u get killed by respawned enemy.

Obviously when it comes to intentional pushing for teamkilling or pushing some mortar/sniper/mg(if they are not blocking any path) just to mess with them, then that person is quick to get a warn and a boot up his arse, since noone wont tolerate that, as for spawn, it comes down to the admins, for those who play a bit better and have more experience, they wont really mind it, since they re used to it, to those who are a bit rookies, they might find it offensive and give u a warn.

• Like 5

• Platinum VIP

Being pushed in the spawn never bothered me.  At some points in the game, pushing is necessary.  For example, being shot at and having a teammate standing in the door youre trying to escape through.  To me, its relatively obvious when someone is going out of his/her way to disrupt other players by pushing them.

• Like 4

Most players on Hardcore (not me) tend to have an auto-push feature enabled. That is, the "push" action is triggered every time they bump into you. A bit annoying at times, but no biggie.

Monitoring and enforcing a no-push rule is unworkable and unnecessary, IMO.

• Platinum VIP

Isn't autopush considered a hack? I have my forward thumb button mapped to +Activate so I can push, open doors, pick things up easier

Isn't autopush considered a hack? I have my forward thumb button mapped to +Activate so I can push, open doors, pick things up easier

Nah, just another script, same as with less recoil sniper script and the east/west jump scripts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ruckus about nothing.

Pushing is a vital part of the gaming experience and sometimes invokes a bit of humour. If it bothers people too much, and here's a golden one for many a player out there: have you tried the culprit to simply not push you?

/e Hell, I remember getting pushed to death by players like noobcat all the time, it made me laugh. He even once pushed me before a wall the moment I was about to fire a mortar. Splash, we both died. Those are the nights you go for a beer and take a few hats instead of hardcore 66-5 scores objective completion trying to obtain 0.85 PRW

Edited by Flible
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...