Jay 1 Discussions On Server

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Most of the people on the server just now were all long time regulars. Some are people who have donated, some weren't but the subject of maps came up. Since I'm outspoken and a forum regular, it was a no brainer that I would post this. There are pages and pages and pages on here about updating/changing the maps on Jay 1 (and other servers), yet nothing is done and many maps are server killers. Many maps are just out played and have outlived their usefulness. They're just not fun anymore. 

In the real world, a corporation is funded by shareholders. Shareholders spend money to invest in a company. much like many of us have spent money to invest in F|A. In a corporation, those shareholders have a voice in how that company is run. We feel that the people who donate our money should have a voice in how some aspects of F|A is run. Specifically the part that affects us the most - the maps we play. It was mentioned by me and others that if we don't have a voice, then we should maybe not invest in F|A. We do it because we care, but we don't feel that care is returned. Lists and lists and lists of other maps have been made, yet nothing. It's at a point where we are not requesting, we are demanding the server gets a complete map makeover. ASAP.  Keeping the most popular maps and replacing the least popular maps.

The next discussion was admins. It's felt that a lot of admins who play. ONLY play and do not actually administer the server. It was said that they sit back and play and watch me do their job. Now I take my admin level very seriously and I try to always keep an eye on as much as I can and I do not hesitate to say what I have to, do what I have to, warn people when they deserve it and fight to keep the teams even. There is no doubt about this. Not ALL members only play, but most do. Of course that conversation then went into me not being a member.

I had a lot of support during my application processes, especially the last one. I know that the leaders discussed my application a lot and I appreciate that. I know that most believe me about the PBBans issue and I thank those who do, but many players have told me that it's sad to keep someone who is as active a player and committed an admin as me down just to spare the feelings of PBbans - who have no real relevance in ET anymore and are just an associate, a friend of F|A. An entity whose services aren't even used in the ET Servers. I admit, it's frustrating to know and be told by my peers that F|A is missing out on a potentially great admin because of PBBans, and not wanting to hurt their feelings. 

No company would do that. None, unless everyone in the company just felt the person in question offered nothing to benefit them, but we know with me, that's not the case. We all know I have a lot to offer.

Regardless, as the spokesman for the regular players on Jay 1, as an active player myself and a server admin, we ask that the maps issue on that server be addressed as quickly as possible. I know I have money set aside to make as a regular donation, giving a donation every 6 months - once a year for VIP, once a year for regular donation - but I've sat on it wondering if that investment is going to work for me and people on the server tonight are in the same boat. They say, why donate to a clan that doesn't care about us?

• Like 4

I think that the format and language in this post display something along the lines of a concerned individual rather than a disgruntled employee or something along those lines, and I think that it helps convey that rather than 'whining' for lack of a better term, about the issues that you see, you're attempting to dispute and possibly bring light to an issue that you, and allegedly other players see with the server and I really like that about this post. I suppose my reply isn't so useful as I rarely play there and don't have much of an impact on any decisions made, but I thought that I'd let you and the rest of the readers know this.

• Like 1

so is this about donating?

map rotations? 

or complaining again how unjust we 

are for not making you a member ?

We feel that the people who donate our money should have a voice in how some aspects of F|A is run. Specifically the part that affects us the most - the maps we play.

we dont force you or demand  that you donate you do that on your own free will to keep servers up and running and we have done that 

by donating it does not give you  any say or any special privileges  

we are demanding the server gets a complete map makeover. ASAP.  Keeping the most popular maps and replacing the least popular maps.

nor  the right to demand anything from us 

when you donate to your fav charity do they give you anything in return? ,do you get to decide where and how monies spent i dont think so

so same goes here 

keep in mind all functions of this community are done on a voluntary basis  and on  peoples free time 

that being said not all things always  get done in timely manner people are busy and may not have countless hours like you seem to have 

to devote to a game and when we do have time other matters sometime take over so maps will get changed when someone has time to do so

but many players have told me that it's sad to keep someone who is as active a player and committed an admin as me down just to spare the feelings of PBbans - who have no real relevance in ET anymore and are just an associate, a friend of F|A. An entity whose services aren't even used in the ET ServersI admit, it's frustrating to know and be told by my peers that F|A is missing out on a potentially great admin because of PBBans, and not wanting to hurt their 

feelings. 

this is a very untrue statement 

pbbans is very relevant to this clan we use it many times a day  every day or we would have 

cheaters in our clan left right and center if we did not so to say its not relevent and we are worried about what they think is false

the are a very important part of keeping our community clean  i mean how do you think we know about yours?

and to go on every week with a new topic pleading your case realy does you no good 

we explained why you wont be a member here but seems you just dont get it 

if we let you in we have to let all who claimed they never cheated in.

ill just leave this here seems as though you did not read this because here we are with the same discussion   http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/83008-lets-pretend/?p=726715

Edited by D..X
  • Like 6

The things our staff+ does to our clan behind the scenes are way too much that your mind cant handle it.. They watch endless hours of demos to know if the person should be banned or not .. And keeping up the forums and all those servers we have.. we dont have 1 server ... we have plently of servers and on different games so keeping all of the running is a bigger task.. And some of our members are inactive or some of them has RL issues or some has RL jobs they just cant throw it all of a game.. We always say RL first... So if you guys the great DONATORS.. thing u guys should be listened just because u donated some money then sir you are totally wrong.. Donating money wont make u a single bit of better than a regular .. We here doesnt demand for donation and nor have asked anyone.. we all donate cause we all love this community..We always thanks people who donate but make no mistake u wont be pampered cause u donated..And as u said many of regulars says they want new maps tell them to visit forums post in suggestion topic .. You always complain about we didnt accepted u in community but u dont do basic stuff of letting people know there are suggestion topics on forums which u can visit and tell.. and if bunch of regulars come and say it and i m dam sure our leaders will for sure do it.. We always care about of players what they want but until unless we dont know we cant.. And u say u are a good member then most of us but i see u always whining bitching about not getting accepted u are an adult act f***ing like one and stop crying all the time of not getting accepted, u should have behaved in such a way that we should have regretted and told that dam we missed that guy etc.. but u make us more easy and happy that we chosed not accept u .. grow up mate ... 

Hipkat I read and I hear about you a lot, and I have big respect for you.

You really have to understand that F|A is not a business, it's a non-profit organization, just like a charity. No shareholders. (DD and F|A) give the chance to everybody to play ET on legit servers.

I understand that some change is needed and volunteers will look at that when they can, F|A has a lot of servers and server players can not demand changes as shareholders.

They can ask, they can pull a yellow flag, like the changes are needed. That's all good but that's all. 

And we are all volunteer, non paid people who do their best to keep server and game fun.

I really think that our admin powers (you and me) are pretty near the same on server, and your voice on forum has the same value as mine to all F|A group.

Sometimes when you write, it make me feel like you don't think you are in the group because you are not a member, you are. You have server admin powers and your ideas and opinions matter to F|A.

I see you are very enthusiast about keeping the game fun and clean, and it's great. You are concerned and it's not falling into dead ears.

Breath and patience.

Peace

• Like 3

Well whatever you're trying to achieve, whining in public is not the way to go. 

Regarding the maps, I think the admins are aware that a lot of people want new maps, but I do believe there are few people that can add them, and those have their own lives to take care of first. 

• Platinum VIP

First, this about maps, not about me being a member. That came up in the conversation, not started by me, but it came up in the context of Members who sit back and do nothing while non-member/admin tries to keep the server rules enforced. Some do it because they are in the application process and know it is required of them and they are being watched. Some, like me, take it as a real responsibility and try to keep the game fair. Also pointed out in the conversation were people who apply, get their 40K XP, get approved and then disappear. Seen Juicy lately? (Sorry bro, if you're reading this)

And no, D..X, I do NOT start a topic every week about my applications. I started 1, a few weeks ago, after a particularly depressing event in my life which I keep to myself. But what I was told that the guys at PBBans would be upset if you approved someone who has a hit on their site. I get you're not my biggest fan, but be realistic.

Regardless, to say "make a post about it", Mr. Karizmatic, like I said, there are hundreds of posts on it, and just because not everyone posts doesn't mean they don't come here to read it. Maybe they don't post because what they would say has been said, or they feel what they say will fall on deaf ears. I know F|A has a lot of servers, I play on many of them, in several different games, but Jay 1 is THE most populated server of them all. Jay 1 has had minimal map rotation changes and gets the most discussion about it.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

it's not a company. and i agree with frost.. it feels always a bit when u make a post that u complain about not becoming a member. dunno if its the right way. keep the posts clean. if u want new maps, make a poll like i did and stay patient.

the leaders have a normal busy life as we all have. its a hobby for them and i think they put a lot of effort already in this site and their servers.

u want new maps, so just post about new maps, suggest some. i dunno how u come in this post from "new maps" to ur pbban :D

just saying

• Like 1

First, this about maps, not about me being a member. That came up in the conversation, not started by me, but it came up in the context of Members who sit back and do nothing while non-member/admin tries to keep the server rules enforced. Some do it because they are in the application process and know it is required of them and they are being watched. Some, like me, take it as a real responsibility and try to keep the game fair. Also pointed out in the conversation were people who apply, get their 40K XP, get approved and then disappear. Seen Juicy lately? (Sorry bro, if you're reading this)

And no, D..X, I do NOT start a topic every week about my applications. I started 1, a few weeks ago, after a particularly depressing event in my life which I keep to myself. But what I was told that the guys at PBBans would be upset if you approved someone who has a hit on their site. I get you're not my biggest fan, but be realistic.

Regardless, to say "make a post about it", Mr. Karizmatic, like I said, there are hundreds of posts on it, and just because not everyone posts doesn't mean they don't come here to read it. Maybe they don't post because what they would say has been said, or they feel what they say will fall on deaf ears. I know F|A has a lot of servers, I play on many of them, in several different games, but Jay 1 is THE most populated server of them all. Jay 1 has had minimal map rotation changes and gets the most discussion about it.

wow you really think admins just sit and doesnt do there work and u do there job... If thats the case then plz take screenshots and take demo report via contactus and i m sure our staff+ will look into and if its right then they will be warned or even demoted.. Just whining about saying they dont do they dont do wont make a difference , Take demo screenshots showing them tht they arent.. and sometimes admins are on server but afk .. or they might be specing a trouble player or recording a demo or etc... And about Juicy.. he is one of the active players i have seen when i use to play on jay2.. he and me were the most active on jay2... and u dont know his RL so dont say stuff about any member .. We always say RL first.. and if he isnt active also its not your place to call out or say about it ... There are alot of memebrs in our clan who are Inactive for now as RL stuff... that doesnt mean we will kick out , Again as mentioned by all admins above this is not our JOB , its a fun gaming clan which we all get together and run in free time. Stop poitning finger on others and work on your stuff..

• Platinum VIP

wow you really think admins just sit and doesnt do there work and u do there job... If thats the case then plz take screenshots and take demo report via contactus and i m sure our staff+ will look into and if its right then they will be warned or even demoted.. Just whining about saying they dont do they dont do wont make a difference , Take demo screenshots showing them tht they arent.. and sometimes admins are on server but afk .. or they might be specing a trouble player or recording a demo or etc... And about Juicy.. he is one of the active players i have seen when i use to play on jay2.. he and me were the most active on jay2... and u dont know his RL so dont say stuff about any member .. We always say RL first.. and if he isnt active also its not your place to call out or say about it ... There are alot of memebrs in our clan who are Inactive for now as RL stuff... that doesnt mean we will kick out , Again as mentioned by all admins above this is not our JOB , its a fun gaming clan which we all get together and run in free time. Stop poitning finger on others and work on your stuff..

I have taken screenshots. Hard to take screen shots of someone not doing anything. All you see in a screen shot is whose on the server and when's the last time you saw Juicy? I talk to him all the time because I DO know him irl, better than most people in F|A do, and I can tell you how long since he's played on any F|A servers.

BTW, the one thing that those people said last night is that this would be a waste of time, because no one would listen and those who replied so far, never or very rarely ever play on Jay 1. You can give me all the "maybe's" you want, but if you're never there, you don't really know, do you? Well?

What does your profile say? Help will Always be given at F|A To those who ask for it....Help will Always be given at F|A To those who ask for it...."

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I have taken screenshots. Hard to take screen shots of someone not doing anything. All you see in a screen shot is whose on the server and when's the last time you saw Juicy? I talk to him all the time because I DO know him irl, better than most people in F|A do, and I can tell you how long since he's played on any F|A servers.

BTW, the one thing that those people said last night is that this would be a waste of time, because no one would listen and those who replied so far, never or very rarely ever play on Jay 1. You can give me all the "maybe's" you want, but if you're never there, you don't really know, do you? Well?

What does your profile say? Help will Always be given at F|A To those who ask for it....Help will Always be given at F|A To those who ask for it...."

yes for sure i still stand by that  help is given but demands are not ....People post and they dont comeback to forums. If they posted and it was not change then why not comeback and ask them again.. and just because 1-2 comes and post and says they want this map changed it wont happen.. There are alot of regulars or even players on Jay1 who likes alot of maps which we have, just because 2-3 players doesnt like the map and ask to change we wont do that .. If there are alot of people as u say are complaining why not tell them to visit the forums and write .. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

yes for sure i still stand by that  help is given but demands are not ....People post and they dont comeback to forums. If they posted and it was not change then why not comeback and ask them again.. and just because 1-2 comes and post and says they want this map changed it wont happen.. There are alot of regulars or even players on Jay1 who likes alot of maps which we have, just because 2-3 players doesnt like the map and ask to change we wont do that .. If there are alot of people as u say are complaining why not tell them to visit the forums and write .. 

2-3????? OMG.... Stop talking about something you don't really know about. Want to tell me how brain surgery works next? THe topic on Jay 1 maps is how long now?? How many pages?

2-3????? OMG.... Stop talking about something you don't really know about. Want to tell me how brain surgery works next? THe topic on Jay 1 maps is how long now?? How many pages?

hip u should maybe make this discussion in pm's... u should try to understand the other site of the medal. they all have real lifes. and rl is always first. i dont want to know how much work it is to read through applies, keeping server alive, keep this site alive. they are doing more than other people doing for et community.

• Like 1