BEst soccer player?

chock norris

everyone has their qualities, some are decent at finishing, other re decent at being playmakers and so on,

agree in the whole.. But you have to admit than Messi is good in many fields.. Like Matthäus, Beckenbauer, Maradona, Platini, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Cruyff, Baggio and many others were in the past.. And no I don't find than CR7 is as good as those I just quoted (not saying he isn't good either).

for my part, the top 3 of best players\most skilled of all the time are Maradona, Ronaldinho, Messi.

side note: we call it simply "american football" in my country since there's already a sport called rugby which is totally different.

• Like 1

side note: we call it simply "american football" in my country since there's already a sport called rugby which is totally different.

<=== Oui et non chef! Après une longue étude du dossier (nan juste quelques clics sur Google et wikipedia) Bah le football américain c'est bien le déscendant du rugby ET du football importé de la GB :o

(yes don't slap me guys, i'll translate right away :) )

<=== Yes and nop chief! After a long search for this case (hell no, just a quicky on Google and wikipedia). What ya guys call football in north american, is a mix of soccer and rugby importated from UK.

In the end, the kids in college during the 19th century just did somekind of cocktail of both sports and the result is as you can see "american football". 

side note: i guess they were too drunk when they started playing at that time, that's why they created this? 

• Like 1

<=== Oui et non chef! Après une longue étude du dossier (nan juste quelques clics sur Google et wikipedia) Bah le football américain c'est bien le déscendant du rugby ET du football importé de la GB :o

(yes don't slap me guys, i'll translate right away :) )

<=== Yes and nop chief! After a long search for this case (hell no, just a quicky on Google and wikipedia). What ya guys call football in north american, is a mix of soccer and rugby importated from UK.

be the descendant of rugby doesn't mean it's the same thing.. Way to play it, rules, playground so on, everything is different.. And mix it with another sport makes it even more different. The same way ping-pong\table tennistennis, the babminton or even the "Jeu de paume" aren't the same sport not matter their links, origins or similarities.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Yeah we call it soccer in canada, i know it sounds bad to you, but football to us is american football...

I'm just wondering if sometimes you talk about american football, how do you say it ? straight american football ? maybe you just don't talk about american football that much either :D

I love Drogba, but in your list I would say Messi

american_handegg_2.jpg

Edited by Adolf

agree in the whole.. But you have to admit than Messi is good in many fields.. Like Matthäus, Beckenbauer, Maradona, Platini, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Cruyff, Baggio and many others were in the past.. And no I don't find than CR7 is as good as those I just quoted (not saying he isn't good either).

for my part, the top 3 of best players\most skilled of all the time are Maradona, Ronaldinho, Messi.

Well cant deny the fact that Messi does more for the team, considering of setting up plays and making attacks, whilist Ronaldo is more dependant on the team to prep him the chances and is a great finisher, with a awesome air control, reason he scores so many headers. I still find somehow Ronaldinho one of the best playmakers and sense of control ball among all.

• Like 1

Pele...by far

A great and prolific scorer during a period of poor level of football.. He accumulated a plenty of records at that time.. That's what made of him a Legend. But played only in South and North America championships.. While EU have harder championships. So, there's a lot and way better players than him for my part.

for example, Ronaldo proved much more imo:

Won:

* Brazilian Cup (1993)
* Minas Gerais State League (1994)
* FIFA World Cup (1994, 2002)
* Stanley Rous Cup, London (1995)
* Dutch Cup (1996)
* João Gamper trophy (Spain) (1996)
* Won the bronze medal with Brazil in the 1996 Olympic Games.
* European Cup-winners Cup (1997)
* Spanish Cup (1997)
* European Supercup (1997, 2002)
* Copa America (1997, 1999)
* Confederations Cup (1997)
* European UEFA Cup ( 1998)
* Intercontinental Cup (Toyota Cup) (2002)
* Spanish League (2003)
* Spanish Supercup (2003)
* Santiago Bernabéu Trophy (2003, 2005)
* Naranja Cup of Valencia, Spain (2003)

Titles:
* Libertadores Supercup’s top scorer (1993)
* Copa Libertadores’s top scorer (1994)
* Minas Gerais state league’s top scorer (1994)
* Dutch league’s top scorer (1995)
* FIFA Top player (1996, 1997, 2002)
* Copa America’s top scorer (1997, 1999)
* Onze d’Or (top player of the year for the Onze Mondial french newspaper) (2002)
* Spanish league’s top scorer (1997)
* The best South american top player of the spanish league, EFE trophy (1997, 2003)
* Ballon d’Or (magazine France Football) (1997, 2002)
* Il Bravo Top foreign player in Italy (1997)
* Italian league’s top player (1998)
* World Cup’s top player (1998)
* Copa America’s top scorer (1999)
* World Cup’s top scorer (2002)
* Top player of the Intercontinental Cup’s final (2002)
* Top sportsman of the year, Reuters (2002)
* Top sportsman of the year, BBC (2002)
* Spanish league’s top scorer (2004)

and for the difference thingy:

post-7251-0-47448500-1476707097_thumb.jpgpost-7251-0-84752800-1476707317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

Saying Pele by far among all the footballers that ever played is just plain silly and stupid, he didn't even taste one of the best leagues nor did he play at champions league, so u cant possibly be serious when stating that, Di Stefano, Puskas and so on, were on the same level and still achived so much more... not to mention nowadays players to be leaving them that much behind him, when they basically achived everything possible, Zidane, Pirlo, Iniesta, Del Piero, Messi, Ronaldo(Brazilian), Ronaldinho and i could go on and on, just shortlist of the players that can stand equally to Pele anyday.

• Platinum VIP

The game has certainly changed so its hard to compare players from previous generations.  I'd say Messi is the best in the world now in relation to how much he does for the team.  I'm biased because I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a selfish prick so I'll always choose Messi.  Messi just needs to start avoiding the injury bug thats been around of late.  Ronaldinho was probably my all time favorite to watch.  The highlight videos of his are absolutely mesmerizing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always raise my eyebrows when the question who is the best .... is. For stuff you can measure (quickest/highest score et ) it is possible but for a teamsport with lots of subjective stuff its hard. All are unique and very great..

If I had to choose probably messi will be the 1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...