Former German goalkeeper to make WWE debut next month alongside Sheamus

Mr.Karizmatic

Tim Wiese, the former German international goalkeeper, is set to make his WWE debut next month at a live event in Munich, two years after switching from football to professional wrestling.

Wiese, who was best known for his seven-year stint between the posts for Werder Bremen, will take part in a six-man tag-team match partnering Irish star, Sheamus, and Cesaro as they face The Shining Stars and Bo Dallas.

The 34-year-old, who made his ring debut two years ago in Frankfurt as a guest timekeeper, had been training in Cologne for the past two years before accepting an invitation from WWE executive Triple H to spend time at the company's NXT Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in September.

wiese-1416118566-2294836.jpg

The Euro 2010 and 2012 World Cup squad member retired from football in 2014 following the mutual termination of his contract with 1899 Hoffenheim, after his performances suffered heavily from the bodybuilding training he was undertaking at the time. Being billed at 6'4 and 129kg, it would appear he has kept that training up, and is finally ready to step inside the ring.

“It’s awesome to make my first WWE appearance in such a great match.

"I worked hard for this moment and I can't wait to step into the WWE ring together with Cesaro and Sheamus".

We're assuming his finishing move will be the "shot-stopper", or else we won't be watching. Either way, judging by his first steps inside the ring, he certainly doesn't look out of place.