Hard to read Private Messages in game

TimoMajere

Hello.. I dont know about anyone else.. but Im having an almost impossible time trying to read any private messages sent in game because the shade of grey used for the message text color simply blends in with my console background almost perfectly and to be honest most messages are just impossible to read.

Now im not suggesting that you change the color or anything ( though a nice orange or brown would be great) but I really need some assistance on this one.

shot0000-2.gif

This image may be a double whammy cause It appears I caught someone trying to pretend to be an F|A member or it appears as though someone was attempting.

ANYHOW.. unless you're picture viewer has enhanced Gamma correction, it actually shows exactly what my problem is regarding PM's look at that Romain guy.. well it LOOKS almost visible there.. but once someone PM's with more than 3 or 4 words.. it moves over to the lighter area of console and then its literally impossible to read it.

Does anyone know how to change the color of that background to be darker in console? It seems my Gamma correction in ET wont change anything i move the slider up and down and ZERO effect .. its as if its disabled somehow.

Help!

Esc - Options - System - Calibrate brightness for the standard in-game gamma,dunno if its possible to change if for the console(i think its not possible)

and after that try /vid_restart???

be sure you have the following cvars equal or set like this:

r_intensity "1.0"

r_gamma "2.0"

make change in your config and restart or do vid_restart your game

Esc - Options - System - Calibrate brightness for the standard in-game gamma,dunno if its possible to change if for the console(i think its not possible)

and after that try /vid_restart???

as stated I tried all that but there was zero visual change in intensity of brightness whatsoever.. I found my reasoning.. Ill explain it after my next quote tho. :) They both are related.

be sure you have the following cvars equal or set like this:

r_intensity "1.0"

r_gamma "2.0"

make change in your config and restart or do vid_restart your game

Okay I have those already at those settings but nothing was changing .. even when I altered the variables to different integers.. however upon searching thru the configs i did find one particular command that interested me..

seta r_ignorehwgamma "1" // modifies brightness of colors, default is 1

Im not superior scripter.. and didnt understand what this meant.. so I changed it to 0 in my config and tried that.. It changed things.. but the weird part is that it rechanged itself BACK to 1 but my PM's are more visible now than before.. so... its weird that nothings actually changed script-wise.. BUT now the PM's are a tad more visible..

Thanks for the assistance on this one.. now.. Im curious as to why im able to see PM's now when in essence nothing config-wise has changed.

I wont look a gift-horse in the mouth tho.. My only setback is that now EVERYTHING is darker in game and its gonna take quite some tome to get used to not seeing everyone anymore.