Replacing wireless with wired Keyboard and mouse

Carbonautics

Hey, as you know wireless isn't good for gaming, and now i have experienced it why.

So I asked the supplier if i can replace it with a wired keyboard and mouse, he said that if i take this keyboard and mouse[link below] he'll replace it without any additional cost.

Now my question is should I do it and replace it with the wired? or just carry on with wireless. again I have given links to the wireless [iBall keyboard and mouse duo] and the wired[prodot] Check it out and let me know if the replacement will be good for gaming?..

Thanks,

Carbonautics.

Prodot [wired] mouse link:

http://www.prodotgroup.com/accessories-peripherals/peripherals/mouse/mu-253s-ps2

Prodot [wired] keyboard link:

http://www.prodotgroup.com/accessories-peripherals/peripherals/keyboard/kb-207s-usb

I couldn't get a link f​or the wireless keyboard and mouse specs so here it is:

mouse : 5​ button optical mouse, Changeable 1000/1600 cpi,

keyboard: 2.4 GHz cordless deskset, 103 keys, 10 mil life cycles,

So let me know if I hav​​e to replace it or its not good.

no other choice than this seller? Unless to have a budget a bit short.. I would buy elsewhere. This site gives not really good choices.

side note: ps2 plug is so oldschoooool :D

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

My one and only problem with a wireless mouse is that its battery dies in within 15 days, maybe jay3 regulars know that I am on and playing almost for minimum 3-4hours, daily, not keyboard, only the mouse battery dies fast.

edit: So I thought would spend some money and get only a mouse [wired] but it does cost a bit.

Edited by Carbonautics

Now my wireless mouse looks and specs are bit same as this wired mouse here, except it does not have 5 buttons,

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LCHLQSO?psc=1

or maybe its not the battery dying, its something software related, because as i'm typing and replying or browsing windows, its works just fine, but when i start playing ET the laser [ red light which comes fronm bottom of the mouse] it shuts off, only during ET fights,, and I have to turn my mouse off, then on to make it play again which lasts for 1 min, again same thing, but when I quit the game, its normal again, what is happening?

edit: This is the reason why I considered to change my peripherals, I guess its software.

Edited by Carbonautics

I wouldn't change mouse if I thought it's simply cause of its software.. Have you at least and simply tried to uninstall this software and to see how works your mouse without it? Try also to lower the polling rate of your mouse (500hz is enough).

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

No, didn't try that coz I'm not knowledge to that part of uninstalling, but now I know that its not software coz it just stopped working today, so I will have to bring in a new mouse I guess, I asked him about that too, he said there's a Lenovo gaming mouse for 650 rs that's roughly 10-11 USD, but I couldn't find it anywhere on Amazon, so I have decided to bring a new mouse, thanks guys for helping me out

Hmm. Tricky. I doubt it's a software issue, to be honest. If I recall based on an older topic, you were looking for drivers earlier, and we could find none?

EDIT: Beaten. Yeah, so at this point because it is fully broken, you will probably need to go to iball website and get RMA before you can return it to your supplier or whatever. (Some have return policy that it must be in good working condition)

Alright, so edited again for a reply:

Fact of the matter is that from what I see, all of the hardware that this guy has been advertising is garbage imo. You have better bet going on amazon like Annibal did.
What is your budget? Perhaps we can give you some product suggestions.

Personally I would be skeptical at that price. It's too cheap in my opinion.
Ask some questions-- is this new or used? Does he offer a warranty? What about if you trade in the old "Dusky Duo" set because it was faulty?

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Fact of the matter is that from what I see, all of the hardware that this guy has been advertising is garbage imo. You have better bet going on amazon like Annibal did.

THat's exactly what I was gonna say - all this stuff is junk. A new mouse isn't that expensive for a good gaming mouse. I think I paid less than way 100.00 for my corsair

• Like 1

ye, well can't go to a budget now coz i was stupid enough to say yes to wireless, so have to suffer now, coz they [parents] wont buy me a new one for maybe 2 years, after that lets see, for now i think this one is good, else we have to close this discussion beacause no point in keeping it on now.

well, this one has a lot of features I'm looking for and at quite low price[ but not sure of quality or anything] :

http://www.amazon.in/Dragon-Emera-ELE-G11-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01J7F4AC2?ie=UTF8&keywords=gaming%20mouse&qid=1474883507&ref_=sr_1_1&s=computers&sr=1-1

This one too :

http://www.amazon.in/Mercury-Vertex-MGX3000-Ultra-Gaming/dp/B01DGSNTNW?ie=UTF8&keywords=gaming%20mouse&qid=1474883507&ref_=sr_1_12&s=computers&sr=1-12

I don't want to go for higher than the above budget coz it will be a "NO!!" thing,

and again thanks for the support guys, I could have bought a wrong deal earlier, ;)​​

Well I think at that price, the quality is going to be hit and miss- period.

I took some time reading the reviews:

• The DragonWar seems to have known issues with the scroll wheel
  • The Mercury seems to have known issues with the switches under the mouse button (ie: clicking will do nothing)

Warranty wise, I don't see any complaints with not getting an exchange if the DragonWar breaks. The Mercury... yup. Seems nobody wants to touch them after they're sold.

Between the two, having a nonfunctional scroll wheel would piss me off the least, but it would still suck.

I can't really find anything better myself, so go with the Dragon, I suppose.

A new mouse isn't that expensive for a good gaming mouse. I think I paid less than way 100.00 for my corsair

Did u do a currency conversion? :P A Corsair mouse would be around 4000 rupees. These mice are under $10 USD.

• Like 1