Teamspeak problem?

Carbonautics

Hey, looking at everybody, I too tried to use teamspeak, and it isnt working ? or what idk,

It connects to the FA server, i can see all the subdivisions of the servers, i can change between channels, i do have a mic connected[usb], no headphones though i guess that is the prob.

But i cant talk or hear anything on it,

thanks.

check settings, there is a test button for ingoing and outgoing sounds. check if mic is recognized in windows as well. no headphones so you have a speaker? shouldnt be the reaon why it isnt working

• Like 1

mic is recognised, i use it for recording for my videos, and i do have speakers, only teamspeak isnt working rest all is fine, will look at settings, lets see

and one more thing, it doesn't even show the no. of active clients, even if there ar e3-4 online it shows 0 excluding me

Edited by Carbonautics

• Leader

I wonder if having a mic with speakers is allowed.  Your mic may pick up sounds from the speakers and create an near endless-loop of echoes.

Hmmm, other have used the speaker & mic setup.

I just noticed that that video was "Uploaded on Nov 27, 2011", so it could be out of date.   :(

Here is a YouTube video trouble shooting your TS3 microphone setings.  that might help.  (or might not :) )

Edited by RedBaird
Old Video
  • Like 1

Hmmm, I followed the settings, I tried some things, once it said you need to request talk power, then I followed as it said, I cant request for talk power, maybe that might be the issue?

• Leader

Hmmm, I followed the settings, I tried some things, once it said you need to request talk power, then I followed as it said, I cant request for talk power, maybe that might be the issue?

I just noticed that that video was "Uploaded on Nov 27, 2011 ", so it could be out of date.  :(

request to talk you mean push to talk? can be any key of your keyboard. could you make pics of your settings and ul them so we can help?

• Like 1

Photo shows the current online clients, which is 1 includes me. Typically I understand that im the only one online{coz its showing that way}, and also the ip address I'm connected to[is it correct]

Photo1 shows *sorry my fault* its request for talk power not request to talk, I connect as guest, maybe that's the thing, I mean maybe there are levels here too  

post-19512-0-94396700-1474535882_thumb.png

post-19512-0-42935700-1474535891_thumb.png

nope this is all right, im also "only" a guest on ts  and i can talk =)

i dunno what is request to talk. never used it.

could it be that your mic is muted? :o on the top it looks like it is.

• Like 2

ah ok. so did you try the setting area with the test button? did you hear the test sound? and did you hear your vor there? (input/output routing) ?

i guess who have your settings wrong, can't be something else =) check playback and capture settings again!! capture device and so on,

there is also the button "begin test". they are so many tutorials, im afraid you w didn't watch the movies above

TS3-Capture.png

vcsd_tut92_2.png

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

The biggest thing, like shown above is make surer it's using the right capture device and audio device. Might have to go into Windows Sound settings and check to see which are default

• Like 1