remove maps due to double jump

BitchPudding

im finding people really having a large advantage on these maps because of double jump. they jump over the wall instead of placing the dyno, this im talking about is allies. this is especially important because they will all jump over the wall, go to our spawn, shoot us where we cant get out and then do dyno

• Like 2

We have a few clan members who specialize in writing 'clipping' scripts for maps, so if you otherwise like a map besides said double jump 'feature', it would be appreciated to let us know, and we'll see what we can do. :)

Pudding, nice to you engaged here. But you have to more specific, you can't expect from people here to read your mind. I guess you are talking about maps from jay 1#, but you still need to be more specific on map names and give us some situation description. Also, TJ is not allowed within 1st 5 min., this should give in most cases enough time to defenders to establish a good defensive perimeter. If you see people still doing it within 1st 5 min., just report it per PM to any FA member online.

• Like 1

Pudding, nice to you engaged here. But you have to more specific, you can't expect from people here to read your mind. I guess you are talking about maps from jay 1#, but you still need to be more specific on map names and give us some situation description. Also, TJ is not allowed within 1st 5 min., this should give in most cases enough time to defenders to establish a good defensive perimeter. If you see people still doing it within 1st 5 min., just report it per PM to any FA member online.

i get you guys... yeah i would love to give you the name but honestly i dont remember the actual name of the map.

i can describe one to you as bringing over the truck to this gate where it needs dynoed and then when they dyno it... they go up this hill and double jump to this wall where there is normally 3 places to dyno such as the main gate and the 2 sides entrences where you need to bring the truck in to get the gold then drive out

• Platinum VIP

i get you guys... yeah i would love to give you the name but honestly i dont remember the actual name of the map.

i can describe one to you as bringing over the truck to this gate where it needs dynoed and then when they dyno it... they go up this hill and double jump to this wall where there is normally 3 places to dyno such as the main gate and the 2 sides entrences where you need to bring the truck in to get the gold then drive out

That would be Suppply Depot

• Like 1

u can do the jump without double jump to on supply if you tj 

Server Specific Rules F|A RECRUITING XPS
  1. We have 5 mins no rush rule on this server. Don't finish the final objective in first 5 mins. Once 5 mins are passed from the time of map start you can finish the objective.
  2. TJ is allowed to complete the objective after 5 minutes.

• Platinum VIP

I think it's more a question if TJ is allowed within the first 5 minutes to get behind opponents and, say, blow the door on Supply Depot, etc. Not getting objective but getting a blockade to objective out of the way

I think it's more a question if TJ is allowed within the first 5 minutes to get behind opponents and, say, blow the door on Supply Depot, etc. Not getting objective but getting a blockade to objective out of the way

im having a really hard time understanding your post

• Like 1

Server Specific Rules F|A RECRUITING XPS

1. We have 5 mins no rush rule on this server. Don't finish the final objective in first 5 mins. Once 5 mins are passed from the time of map start you can finish the objective.
  2. TJ is allowed to complete the objective after 5 minutes.

well its after they blow the gate and advance the truck to the door. this is my concern... once they blow the gate and advance... then they double jump run over the walls and start panzering the crap out of allies or just come to the stairs of our spawn and blow the crap out of people with airstrikes, panzers, medics, and poison gas. i would understand if its just after blowing the door but in this case they are jumping to prevent us to defend the door

well its after they blow the gate and advance the truck to the door. this is my concern... once they blow the gate and advance... then they double jump run over the walls and start panzering the crap out of allies or just come to the stairs of our spawn and blow the crap out of people with airstrikes, panzers, medics, and poison gas. i would understand if its just after blowing the door but in this case they are jumping to prevent us to defend the door

I understand what you mean, although I think you switched sides, did you actually wanted to say "... then they double jump run over the walls and start panzering the crap out of axis..." ?

To defend/attack successfully, the team members must understand military tactics and how to use terrain to their advantage. If Axis works together at entire front, Allies have no chance, no matter how much they jump over or not. The problem is only a few people understand what exactly to do when defending/attacking (any position). Most people just run around randomly in hope for a kill. A good example is how most people play FOPS class: they continuously spam airstrikes or they call artillery just because FOPS bar shows they can. There are certain rules where and when to call artillery, but only a few good FOPS apply these rules. Also, ammo distribution is very important for axis around CP, but this part always fails. Many times, 1 or 2 smoke cans can make an entire difference which side will prevail ... but instead throwing smoke where needed, covies only camp somewhere behind and snipe - proving they don't think, have no idea how actually useless to their team they are, and the worst part of it - most of them are bad at sniping! :rolleyes:

Axis has great terrain advantage on this map - most of the time, Axis is holding high ground. Axis has also great possibilities for flanking Allies attack attempts. And very important - Axis can make multiple defense lines and easily resupply the forward line if broken. It is very wrong to waste artillery/airstrikes on tunnel (this can be easily defended by infantry only) or Allies spawn exit (they go out fast under spawn protection).

So, there are many points speaking for Axis side, but needs an educated player. A wast majority of players have no or very little military background. While some have decent aiming skill, and they make actually a lot of kills, those kills must be done in strategically important areas with proper timing, or they just don't have the required effect on match outcome.

I know, this doesn't solve the problem you pointed out, but I hope with the time, people will learn some of it and apply it. Maybe I should write a tutorial about this things, but I am not really sure how many players read that stuff...

...and about which maps are you talking? pls give more explanation otherwise noone can help you.and afaik "trickjumping" is not allowed on all servers. http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

Please note that the link you included refers to a set of rules that are contradicting your earlier statement, namely: TJ is not allowed on all servers.

In truth, it is allowed in most servers, even to complete the objective. It is, of course, a little unsporty. It is not allowed on the Beginners' servers (where doublejump is enabled, if I remember correctly).

There is more than one exit, and together with spawn protection the team should be able to at least push out into a postion to do something about it and eststablish a defence. Need people paying attention to what is needed where though, both to push them back and then defend. And it needs many people doing this not just a couple desperately trying to do the right thing but up against too many enemies as they dont have the backup.

Edited by SadElf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, supply depot's double jump is ok in my oppinion. You can jump on to wall with just single jump (practise needed on etpro servers), but i see big problem at fuel dump map. This map needs correction in my oppinion by deleting possibility for double jumping. Axis can't defend long under spam and duble jumping engies on to roof who wanted plant dyno. Axis engies have no possibility to defuse it under this circumstances.