• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Joystick

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Saizou

Saizou

L7: Teacher

• Leader
  • 1,445 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:Saizou, Boris
Contributor
I have managed to get the ET to recognize the joystick and ET can recognize all of the joystick functions (as that in_debugjoystick thingy showed). I've managed to bind stuff to the buttons but I don't know how to make joystick behave like a mouse (can't get it to turn the player or look up and down). The joystick is a USB Trust Predator QZ500 and I'm running Win7.

Thanks in advance.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

!Chuck4Abuck

!Chuck4Abuck

loser

• Busted Cheater
  • 1,905 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
mm have to try on making a config with the joystick map buttons . does it come with any app for the joystick mappin ?

AcidParadox

AcidParadox

L8: Grand Teacher

• CS Member
  • 1,587 posts
Name known to all
  • EvolveHQ:acid-paradox
  • Admin:15
  • Server:CS:GO #1
  • Alias:=F|A=Acid-Paradox
  • Steam ID:=F|A=Acid-Paradox
  • T-M:4-3
Contributor
Long time ago ,I used my xbox 360 joystick to play ET

It worked , but then some idiots started to say that i was using aimbot and even i told them that i was using the joystick , they won't listen and they started calling me chicken , etc. So then i removed and still kick their ass!

Apart from that , it was a very cool experience that i could be on my bed and be able to play on my pc!

( Insert Burn Motherf#$ker vsay here )

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you about the mouse thingie, There was a plugin that could let you do use the directional buttons as a mouse , adjust the sensivity, etc.

I don't remember what was the name of that,but it was compatible with all joysticks! :)

!Chuck4Abuck

!Chuck4Abuck

loser

• Busted Cheater
  • 1,905 posts
Getting Better
aaaa yea ther has to be some kind of app for the mappin of it , my see if i could find my old joystick

Saizou

Saizou

L7: Teacher

• Leader
  • 1,445 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:Saizou, Boris
Contributor
I haven't used configs to set up the buttons, I did it the classic way (main menu-controls-set the button manually). CD came with the joystick, so I'll look up for buttons/axis mapping program. But I'm not using a gamepad style joystick, but this (that's the actual type of my joystick):
Posted Image
Binding buttons is easy, name of the buttons are JOY1, JOY2, JOY3 etc. The problem might come while figuring how buttons are numbered.
Just gotta figure out how to make the stick behave like mouse, and I'm ready to go.

About the plugins are they compatible with PB?

Guest_R..pace!_*

Guest_R..pace!_*
  • Guests
I imagine that aiming with a joystick is gonna be difficult... I use my joystick for air combat simulation games, I don't know about fps

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor
Plugins should be compatible with PB as i know a few guys on ETpro using Xbox360 controllers every now and then and they get no errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users