DayZ Creator Teases New Multiplayer Game

Night Hunter

Multiplayer zombie game DayZ was a runaway hit when it launched as a mod for Arma II in 2012. Now, in an interview with Eurogamer, creator Dean Hall revealed he's working on a new multiplayer game, one that he isn't saying a lot about, other than it isn't space-survival game Ion, which was revealed at E3 2015.

"What I will say is it's multiplayer," he said. "We're really drawing a line in the sand here and saying ... that's where we want to be planting our flag in the ground; carving out new territory in terms of new multiplayer genres, or re-purposing different parts of other genres."
3129236-ss_2db508ccc50729ddbc7b5eb5a05d7
DayZ has had its fair share of copycats, such as The War Z which was quite controversial at its launch, having misled some players with alleged false advertising. This has caused Hall to remain tight-lipped on this secretive project, in addition to potential expectations and the experimental nature of the game. However, he believes there's "a gap in the market" for the title-in-progress.
"I think a lot of people when they hear about it will think it's a niche game, but a lot of people would have said that about DayZ," he said.

Developer RocketWerkz has an investor in Chinese media conglomerate Tencent, which owns League of Legends developer Riot Games and part of Epic Games. Hall talked to Eurogamer about how this has helped the studio grow and more. You can read the full article here.

DayZ is now in Steam's Early Access program as a standalone game. GameSpot wrote an Early Access Review of it and said, "Given time, there's a truly great and memorable experience waiting to be explored, one that will come into its own with new and better weapons and more interactive elements such as vehicles. But as Bohemia makes so clear from the moment you boot up DayZ, this is an alpha. It's incomplete, and it shows. Yet Chernarus is well on its way to growing into the clothes that the developer has stitched for it, and if you feel you've got the steely will necessary to survive, DayZ is ready to test it."

• Like 1

I am sick to death of DayZ, I don't think there is anything they could do to bring me back...  I'd rather play H1Z1 haha

NOW IN ALPHA?!!?

It's been in alpha for years... DayZ is a crap standalone project... Don't have much hope for whatever project this guy comes up with next. <_<

Why do you guys hate dayz so much? I think it is a great game. Especially the classic arma 2 dayz :)