NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

We are in 5 game winning streak and there has been a lot things what i liked. We have 4 line what can score, we have Dubnyk who is posting amazing numbers and who keep us in gamesa and make key saves, and we have Gabriel who has fight four time in last five game, all of those fight was needed and everytime after those fight we turned game to our side, before fights we was losing team (in play not in scores). I am very happy that Boudreau gave chance to Gabriel, i saw how we did call several players before him from AHL team, but Boudreau finally gave Gabriel chance and he has been big reason of our five win. He has also scored one assist. I saw Gabriel in last season only in couple games, but even then he made so big impression to me that i added him to my fantasy team. After Konopka retired i have waited new enforce to win my hearth and he is doing it for big time. I like what he doing for team and that he is not dirty player, but still fight.

I has been very busy with moving to new home, and its has been sometimes hard to find time to watch games, some games i had to delay for one day, but i watched every game and when my moving is over i try to watch other teams games too, i hear that Raanta has been great in NYR goal, and in my fantasy team i got many shutouts already from my goalies, plus Saros did take that back up role in NSH.

And ofc those goals from Koivu has given me a lot happiness and powers. Has been enjoyment to follow his strong play lately.

Edited by von Rantala

Why would he even fight in a 10-1 game, so unworthy ...

If you don't know, Emelin can't fight no more, he got ko big time in khl and doesn't have the right to fight no more for his health, so yeah obviously he hits then he hides. 

and then he's too scared to fight....every time he hides behind referees or teammates.

Why would he even fight in a 10-1 game, so unworthy ...

If you don't know, Emelin can't fight no more, he got ko big time in khl and doesn't have the right to fight no more for his health, so yeah obviously he hits then he hides. 

Why would you give a hit like that in a 10-1 game, so unworthy...

And I do know about Emelin. And I dont care. When you hit like that, you gotta live with the consequences. Someday he'll get what he deserves...just like Orpik got cheap-shot by Shawn Thornton 3 years ago.

That game was actually pretty dirty lol

• Like 2

And I do know about Emelin. And I dont care. When you hit like that, you gotta live with the consequences. Someday he'll get what he deserves...just like Orpik got cheap-shot by Shawn Thornton 3 years ago.

Really .. You say Orpik deserved a cheap shot for that hit ?! what is the problem with that hit he gave, maybe a bit to the head.. the guy is smaller, keep your head up in the game that's it ... legal to me... Its a physical game live with it.. too many guys skate heads down, make him pay the Scott Stevens price..

Emelin giving the hit is understandable even a 10-1, give a message to the entire league, you will not pass on my side that easy.. that's worthy if you don't see it.. 

Yes the game was more fun when you could just throw gloves and start throwing punches even if the other didn't drop, but that's not the reality now... bullies were paying the price.. 

And we can say that the guy who gives the hit is a pussy for not fighting but at one point it's just not being stupid, why lose a good player (not saying Emelin is that good) for 5 min for fighting with a dumbass fighting player, or just a bad player on the other side... 

Emelin pussied out, and the game let him to it, just like Lapierre, Marchand, Roussel and plenty other does.

Really .. You say Orpik deserved a cheap shot for that hit ?! what is the problem with that hit he gave, maybe a bit to the head.. the guy is smaller, keep your head up in the game that's it ... legal to me... Its a physical game live with it.. too many guys skate heads down, make him pay the Scott Stevens price..

Yeah the hit was legal, but it wasn't his first big hit where he didn't want to fight. Players remember and Thornton had enough. I'm not saying what thornton did was a good thing I'm just saying that's what happens when you pussy out all the time.

Emelin giving the hit is understandable even a 10-1, give a message to the entire league, you will not pass on my side that easy.. that's worthy if you don't see it..

And fighting to prove you're not a pussy isn't worth anything? If Columbus did that in their 10-0 games Montreal fans would be calling the cops.

And we can say that the guy who gives the hit is a pussy for not fighting but at one point it's just not being stupid, why lose a good player (not saying Emelin is that good) for 5 min for fighting with a dumbass fighting player, or just a bad player on the other side... 

Emelin pussied out, and the game let him to it, just like Lapierre, Marchand, Roussel and plenty other does.

In this case Emelin was the bad player, Iginla wanted to fight.

Even though I hated Lapierre, he and Marchand are small players so it's more understandable. Remove Roussel cause the guy fights like 10 times a year. Already 6 times this year http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5239

Yeah the hit was legal, but it wasn't his first big hit where he didn't want to fight. Players remember and Thornton had enough. I'm not saying what thornton did was a good thing I'm just saying that's what happens when you pussy out all the time.

And fighting to prove you're not a pussy isn't worth anything? If Columbus did that in their 10-0 games Montreal fans would be calling the cops.

In this case Emelin was the bad player, Iginla wanted to fight.

Even though I hated Lapierre, he and Marchand are small players so it's more understandable. Remove Roussel cause the guy fights like 10 times a year. Already 6 times this year http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5239

Everything you say here is pretty right, Emelin is maybe the bad player, but still I don't want to lose him in a fight vs Iginla,and Iginla this year is nothing incredible, Emelin would get destroyed.. not that much of a good idea to fight him..

I always hated Lapierre, he's not a midget (6'2'', 205 pounds) like Marchand ... but he's the worst pussy ... yeah could remove Roussel, he took some fights even tho he lost most of them, taking Byfuglien is pretty crazy move to me.. saw him hide before maybe he stepped up ..

Still think the Emelin wasn't too dangerous to hurt the other guy, just a nice/funny looking hit, the guy flipped and that's it.. maybe would like to see him take a much more worthy fight for the team one day.

Fighting to prove you are not a pussy is good, does a good boost to momentum in game, but there is a limit. Getting destroyed is humiliating too, not that good for momentum and team.

What a game from Koivu against Colorado, he "only" got one point (goal), but there was possibilitys to two other goal what Varly saved and assist on empty net goal if Granlund would not hit the post. Koivu made couple huge play to steal puck away from Colorado players, those go unseen from most of fans and most of time from our commentators too, but not from me and true hockey fans. He is playing his best two-way hockey what i have seen.

We are now made third most goals in league (GF per game%), but our best point man Staal in in mid 60 point season pace, thats show how wide our offinsive group is, in third line play Coyle who is our best goal scorer and tie in points with Staal. Parise and Staal play in first line, Koivu and Granlund (60 point pace) in second line with Zucker and Niederreiter play in third line with Haula and Coyle. We have several guys in 50-60 point pace and i am more happy to see that we run three line who can product those 50+ points players than one line who dominate league. I like also how Boudreau keep giving ice time equally to all three lines, he even use three line in powerplay time to time. I wish that he keep doing it, because in his first seasons in Ducks and in seasons in WSH he was known of playing only first and second line and favoring players, now you cant see that, what is huge thing for team moral. Its like day and night for watching Wild hockey in this season than seasons in under of Yeo. Now we play hockey in every game, we have that heart in game when we play what we did lack with Yeo. Plus Yeo favor those star/veteran players and when we was losing he always blaimed those veterans for losing, now Boudreau use those young guns too as much as veterans. If you look our best points mans there is Coyle, Niederreiter, Granlund and only veterans are Suter and Staal. Koivu is played great two-way game and Parise is getting his game back, (had difficult start to season). Pomminville is only disappointment, but in lately he has got chances and played better hockey.

True in 10-1 game you should not made hit like that, its unsporting. I hate Crosby for one reason, he always pick fight and then run away from it and let team mates deal fights, i hate players who do that. I like players who defence they teammates, like Stewart, Konopka, Gabriel, but i dont like dirty players. There is difference to be dirty and clean enforcer. Fighters is disapearing from NHL, because its dangereous for healthy. I never like if players only duty is to fight, he should give team his own value in other ways and fighting should be just addition, not reason why he is playing in NHL. Example players of this kind role players are Chris Neill (OTW) McLeod (COL) Stewart (WILD). Even that you are not fighter you still should live with consequences and not let teammates do your job. Ofc its not would be right either, if you do hit and  then should dropp gloves against big fighter.

• Like 1

i honestly dont know what to say mr rantala....your team beat les canadien 4-2.

they also have one of the best records in the nhl at 20-8-4...

so, if ever hear you complain about the wild again....lol

the leafs could only be so lucky

• Like 1

Wow what a game. Was really thrilling game, one of season best games so far, Dubnyk won Price in his home ice and was better goalie in that game. Maybe he finally start get recognasation what he earned. Suter is +24 in 32 game, that amazing and no one talking him to Norris, even that he should be in there. Koivu made one mistake in shorthand goal what MTL did, but was a beast in PK. He is third best in scoring chances percent (chances made/given (see pic)) in NHL, even that he mostly start in defence zone and Staal in offensive zone. Staal has been great player for us and we can enjoy very low salary hit for him for 3 year. He has been biggest robbery of last summer. I like his leader skills too, only what i dont like is that he make too long shifts. He should come shifts sametime as line mates, but he very often stay in ice when whole line change. We have to fix PP tho, we have ok PP when we get puck in the offensive zone, but we have huge problems to get in there. We also make too many hasty decisions. Our best PP point mans has been defenders, and we play too much to them.

Nine win straight!!! :) Thanks boys, thanks Boudreau. After victory you cleary saw how our guys was happy on victory, i didnt see that in under Yeo. Its so great to see that we play in every game and with heart. With Yeo we was like robots without feelings.

173.jpg

• Like 1