World Cup of Hockey 2016

GISM

Team USA got spanked!

if i could like that comment 20 times i would  :lol:

but team North America, what a team of youngsters that have rarely if ever played at this level. awesome OT game against Sweden yesterday. best game i've seen in a long time

forget team canada, go NA! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NyNbEmuOgc

Finland needs to beat Russia today for them to move on.

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 1

Would have liked to see a NA vs Canada game .. damnit... well russia vs canada is not bad , but really liked the way the young guys played.

Poor finns don't really understood what happened vs russia, no momentum, not that much battling.. i don't know expected better from them. 

Still go Canada big time :D

• Like 1

Didnt watch last game against Russia, no time and no motivation to watch game, i knew that we will lose it, and was not surprise that we didnt score any in that game either. I have to say that coatch didnt do his part, he didnt change line ups when needed, after first game loss he made only one change and that was in fourth line (meaning forward lines). If you lose 1-4 and play awfull game you should make more changes than just one. Same can be say for whole tournament Marjamäki didnt make any changes even that those would be needed, but i still see that he is great coach and dont blame him for this tournament. We just didnt have scoring powers, i dont have time to calculate, but i am 99% sure without calculating, that finnish had least NHL points if you look last year NHL points by players. I mean Canada had almost 60 point avarage per player, sweden had probably 40 point avarage per player, but finnish had only couple player who even made 40 point in last season if you look any leagues. Finnish best scorer in NHL made less than 20 goal and our future players was just too young to this tournament. If tournament would have been played in 2018 we probably have been in Finals, now it was just too early to us.

I saw that Koivu and Granlund played good tournament and was our best players (if you dont look goalies), but Donskoi was very poor in they line and i got feeling that Marjamäki was favoring his old players like Aho and Donskoi. Bad news is that Komoravo probably end is national career, and for my idols its first thing what i look, (if they come to play in national tournaments) If Komarov really retire his national career its huge disappointment to me and can be possible that because that i dont have motivation to watch his NHL games what i was planning to do in this year.

• Like 1

This tell a lot why Mikko is so big idol to me.

"You realize more and more the older you get the chances to play in tournaments like these and having all the best players in the tournament… you realize that it's not always first of all that you can make it, and be healthy, and get a chance to play for your country," Koivu said. "You do realize that more and more the older you get how fun it is, and you take a lot of pride for that, and it's a special time always when you get a chance to play for your country. It is."

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/koivu-bridges-gap/c-281961330

Always coming to national team and is proud to get chance to play in national team.

• Like 1

yea i thought the finns would be in the semi finals at least. they have the skill, but fell apart like the americans for some reason (Tortorella lol). but you might be right, the finns never tinkered much with their lines, which most teams do to get some synergy and rhythm between players. 

• Like 1

Canada 5 - 2 Russia.

Canada dominated the whole game. Bobrovsky was stealing the game until the third period.

Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron.....what a line!!

• Like 3

pointless tournament -.-

and this nothing to do with the fact that Finland could just hide their head in bushes and shame till their asses bleed

three games, one goal scored WTF

Canada probly pwn again, good for them and all their fans.

i just go n cry myself in sleep :cry

• Like 1