World Cup of Hockey 2016

GISM

Hockeyyyyyy!

12 years wait is over, World Cup is coming! Starting at September 17th in Toronto, Canaduh.

Canada has won 5 times out of seven cups (Soviet Union and USA both once), and again they've got REALLY strong team. No wonder that so many believe they will win again.

Is it simple as that or is there even slight possibility that some other team will win (Finland, Sweden, USA, Chech, Russia, N-A, Euro Team)?

Ofcourse I'll cheer for Finns, lot's of young talents who seem to be hungry for success (no old farts this time lol) :party

• Like 5

Finland will win this time. We lost last final, we lost 2010 Olympic final and we lost this year world championship final. This time is our time to win. Finland always play best team game. We dont have best individuals but we have best team play.

• Like 2

Finland will win this time. We lost last final, we lost 2010 Olympic final and we lost this year world championship final. This time is our time to win. Finland always play best team game. We dont have best individuals but we have best team play.

yep you got that right, but if Russian play as a team, they are unstoppable but they doesnt :)

Bykov got them play as a team and results was two golds in a row.

and then there is Sweden.... fcking Gladstone Gander's

two best team playing teams in world are Finland and Sweden, Canada is the 3rd one with better individuals but their ego can cost alot

im so thrilled about this tournament, games start at 3am my time but i dont care

with these damn long commercial breaks game last about 3h so i have plenty of time to get to work at 7am :)

FINLAAAAND!

• Like 2

yep you got that right, but if Russian play as a team, they are unstoppable but they doesnt :)

Bykov got them play as a team and results was two golds in a row.

and then there is Sweden.... fcking Gladstone Gander's

two best team playing teams in world are Finland and Sweden, Canada is the 3rd one with better individuals but their ego can cost alot

im so thrilled about this tournament, games start at 3am my time but i dont care

with these damn long commercial breaks game last about 3h so i have plenty of time to get to work at 7am :)

FINLAAAAND!

Yeah i am pissed off that NHL dont take EU fans account at all, they dont respect EU fans, you can cleary see it in this tournament. Finals start all 03:00 AM in finnish time what mean 01:00 EU time. Rest of games start 22:00 or 03:00 AM. Thats mean that i cant see games live. I have to watch games replay. With NHL its not so big thing, because you can't hear results from radio, but with national games, radios tell scores like every 30 min.

For me i dont value World Cup a lot, because its dont have any history and because its only mean to USA/Canada fans. Whole system of tournament is build that USA or Canada win. I wouldn't be surprised that in future Canada have two team as USA too. If i am honest i dont like tournament at all, because so huge amount of disrespect what NHL show to us EU fans with this tournament. Sometimes i wonder why i watch so much NHL games overall when i dont like that amount of disrespect what they show to eu fans. NHL teams play only couple EU game in year, when in Weekends teams should play a lot more EU time games, when EU have a lot NHL fans and players. But ofc i will watch all the finnish games because Finland national team is always my favorite team number one and i watch all the national tournaments.

• Like 3

You are right, it is a NHL- sponsored tournament and is meant for the north American audience. And to be honest, it isn't such a big thing here either. The timing is weird because it's just before the regular season starts so it's almost like a practise with NHL stars. Not taken that seriously, although there's tons of advertising here to get more interest.

• Like 1

You are right, it is a NHL- sponsored tournament and is meant for the north American audience. And to be honest, it isn't such a big thing here either. The timing is weird because it's just before the regular season starts so it's almost like a practise with NHL stars. Not taken that seriously, although there's tons of advertising here to get more interest.

Yeah it would get more audience and valuation if it would be played more often and in middle of season, NHL could take 2 week break for tournament instead of playing NHL allstar game. Here is a lot advertising also. What is weird is that practise games come free as first three game also. Then you cant see games live, only for replay.

• Like 1

F.... i cant see any game in live. Today game start 03:00 AM then Tuesday game start 22:00, but i have morning shift in work in wednesday, same in thursday game. Was in Jokerit vs Omsk game in yesterday with my sister and brother. Now i have huge hockey fever and cant wait for (NHL)season opener. I just wonder how much i have time for clan when NHL start. Probably not a lot :/, but i just have to find good balance with hockey, work, grandparents, clan and sleeping. :P