Cfg review

.KeLFOuTO!r.

Hi all, 

I never went too deep into cfg knowledge, so I'm very amateur on the topic and there probably are some improvements to provide on my cfg. 

If some of you better on this topic could give a glance to that, it would be much helpful. 

Thanks alot   :)

Intel Core i5-3470 CPU
3.20GHZ 3.20GHZ
RAM 8GO
NVIDIA GeForce GT730
Windows10 

Playing mainly on Jaymod and NQ FA servers.

etconfig.cfg

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I would change in your config. I left your old values in () so you have a reminder if you want them back as you had them before.

seta cg_drawMuzzleFlash "0" (1)

seta cg_muzzleFlash "0" (1)

seta cg_bloodTime "0" (90)

seta r_drawfoliage "0" (1)

seta com_soundMegs "48" (24)

seta com_hunkMegs "256" (128)

seta com_zoneMegs "48" (24)

seta m_pitch "0.01501" (0.022)

seta cg_bobyaw "0.000" (0.002)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

m_pitch is very subjective. I used .016 for a long time, .022 for awhile and now .017 (Thanks Hiro - wherever you are) and I really don't see much of a difference. Now, tbh, I'm, no pro aimer, so maybe for me, there is no real difference or I just don't know what the difference is supposed to be.

Also, do the specs for your rig really matter in a cfg?? I guess I don't know how or what you'd change depending on CPU, GPU, RAM, etc

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

This is what I would change in your config. I left your old values in () so you have a reminder if you want them back as you had them before.

seta cg_drawMuzzleFlash "0" (1) YES its very usefull specially for tracking an ennemy trough smoke while they are shooting 

seta cg_muzzleFlash "0" (1) i would suggest "2" which allows you to see NOT YOURS(that can be a bit distracting) but the ennemys muzzleflash ONLY!

(silent mode at least)

@luventaz

I am not familiar with settings specific to silent mod. This variable might not even be active, at least I can't find it on cvar list on antman.info. I used common sense when I decided to set it to "0".

Setting m_pitch "0.01501" should help to keep cross-hair at certain level. To test it, change m_pitch value and then move cross-hair up-down. You will notice this is harder with value "0.01501" than with "0.022"

@SadElf

You are right with r_drawfoliage considering FA servers, but this is not true with every ET server.

Thanks guys for your inputs. I tried them yesterday on Jay2, but didn't see any change. Maybe cause it's Jaymod, don't know.

For this one : "seta r_drawfoliage "0" (1)", if it's cheat protected, I shall probably just leave it as it is ?

seta cg_drawMuzzleFlash "0" (1) YES its very usefull specially for tracking an ennemy trough smoke while they are shooting 

its actually

seta b_muzzleflash "2"  which allows you to see NOT YOURS(that can be a bit distracting) but the ennemys muzzleflash ONLY!

(silent mode at least)

Edited by luventaz
  • Like 1

luventaz, you should learn how to reply when you use quotes :D (you shouldn't write into the "quote" box)

Exactly, I know of b_muzzleflash, but that setting either was already set on "2", or wasn't included at all (don't remember anymore, but would include it otherwise).

• 2 weeks later...

luventaz, you should learn how to reply when you use quotes :D (you shouldn't write into the "quote" box)

Exactly, I know of b_muzzleflash, but that setting either was already set on "2", or wasn't included at all (don't remember anymore, but would include it otherwise).

quote  :P 

• Like 1

look at other peoples config, compare, try them out, find out what you like. 

Here are some suggestions of settings you could play around with. (This is what I use in my config)

bind MWHEELDOWN "cg_fov 90; sensitivity 1.20"
bind MWHEELUP "cg_fov 105; sensitivity 1.45"

if bad/unstable fps, turn off blood. Blood might also mak it difficult to see? Long time since I played with blood on

com_blood 0
cg_bloodtime 0 
cg_noAmmoAutoSwitch "0"
cg_autoReload "0"
cg_autoswitch "0"
cg_tracers 0

seta r_gamma "3.0"
seta r_picmip "3"
seta r_lodbias "-999"
seta r_intensity "1.5"
seta r_mapoverbrightbits "1.0"
seta r_overbrightbits "1"