...teams & maps on server B2

schNee

...hello =)

yesterday i was on B2 and it was uneven teams, but asking someone to change team noone could understand english.

so the stronger team did spawnkill nearly 15 minutes and it was a really boring game. 2 community member were on server but couldnt do anything.  not the first time.

we chatted and i heard that putteam is allowed from LVL14. so im not sure if there is any other way to even teams when you have lower LVL, e.g. shuffle or whatever. but i couldnt find anything on !help.

this would help a lot. and i dont think "warn someone" is the right way here to even teams.

another thing which is really boring, we are playing goldrush and some other maps every 5 maps, which are totaly overplayed. i love the game but im back since 3 weeks and already have enough of on of my fav map goldrush.

So is it possible to mark the played maps with a "e.g. locked for voting for the next 10maps" to play some other maps before? this could maybe also help to pretend ppl rush to win a map to play next.

if im wrong with this post in category, please move it to the right one. :)

thanks for your help on this and maybe other suggestions how to improve gameplay.

cheers

Saskia

• Like 6

Yeah I was there with you. Teams were like 12 v 6 players or smthing. And ofc no one wanted to switch and helpout. WhenHigh came and fixed the teams but later when he went offline same shit happened.

About admin lvl structure, you have putteam allready as 11 (Trial). I don't know why lvl 4 doesn't have putteam any more. Seems to me it had until recently. If you are a learning admin that's one of the basic command you need to use. Specially on beginners#2.

I checked the admin lvl structure on wiki, it seems only silent mod doesn't have !putteam cmd for lvl 4.

level = 4

name = Community Regular [Admin IV]

Available commands = | admintest | dewarn | howfair | kick | list | listteams | mute | resetmyxp | showbans | spec999 | spree | spreerecord | stats | subnets | tspree | unmute | uptime | warn |

But jaymod and nq does?

About the maps, it's vote based thingy. I'm havimg a nightmare of that cappuzo airshit map haha. Idk for lockdown, but you may always suggest new maps for rotation. But you must understand that maps like goldrush/oasis/aldernest are the most playable maps on ALL servers. Ppl tend to play the maps they know, that's why they are voting for it. It's boring AF, but give them what they ask for :D

So, for !putteam cmd I agree with you, I mean IMO it HAS to be for lvl4 there. Lvl4 is applicant so it's only logic to have it. I mean, nobody would think that applicant would abuse those cmd's , right?

So if it there for lvl 4's on jaymod and nq, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be on Silent aswell. (Am I wrong or it was before that shit we had few months ago?).

About maps once again, you can suggest some new(old) maps as a refreshment. :)

• Like 2

was excatly my same thought, why shall an admin abuse this !putteam  but it would help the game.

about the maps, yeah im gonna make a list with links to the maps, maybe to add some or delete some. i remember there was a post somewhere before but i forgot where :D

i thoughts its possible to lock maps after voting, should be smaller setting than adding new maps. i agree ppl love to play maps they know but they dont know what they miss, maybe they will love other maps 2 :D

Not going to mention names...but I see the same cast of characters that will jump teams just so they can do what happened yesterday.

I just learned to deal with it and if its not my best game...at least I gave it my all.

• Like 2

Not going to mention names...but I see the same cast of characters that will jump teams just so they can do what happened yesterday.

I just learned to deal with it and if its not my best game...at least I gave it my all.

id like to kick their asses. always joining winner team. where is teh fun in winning on easiest level. warning has not the big impact to their behaviour.

putteam seems for me the most suitable.

Next time take screenshots please. I know few ppl who usually tend to stack teams, but not when admin is around since they've got the footprint on their ass by me and Anton atleast. These few might ruin the spirit from others to come back, so it'd be important to know who these ppl are.

Good that you reported :)

• Like 4

Let see if we can get !putteam back to B2 (for lvl4). For map locking i dont know if its possible.

By what my knowledge goes, u can set a x number of maps to be played before same map is in the maplist again, goes on all silent server voting systems, should be selectable in server.cfg and Dare prolly has a good knowledge for it.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

If I can get my lvl 10 on B2 and if it has !put command like on other servers, I'll stop in there more often and sort it out

• 2 weeks later...

maybe we should lock the teams after shuffle for some minutes. i dunno, but the stacking is really crazy and they don't understand it

Im afraid that most of those players youre talking about do understand thats its not allowed to switch after a shuffle,but they just refuse to play by the rules :unsure:

Locking the teams for some minutes also makes it unable for specs to join.And if specs still can join,well then the switchers just go spec first and then go to the other team as Always.

Looks like this is a problem that youll never get rid off unfortunately. But when it comes to the same players that Always do this ..well then the !putteam may come in handy. If they keep switching after the !putteam well then maybe some harder command must be used sometimes. (for the wellknown switchers/stackers offcourse)

ExC

• Like 3

Im afraid that most of those players youre talking about do understand thats its not allowed to switch after a shuffle,but they just refuse to play by the rules :unsure:

Locking the teams for some minutes also makes it unable for specs to join.And if specs still can join,well then the switchers just go spec first and then go to the other team as Always.

There is a LUA script that prevents all what you said. If I remember right, the person could join spec, but could not go to other team, only the one he left. This in a X amount of time.

Yet a simple banner or command like on other servers would help a lot.

• Like 2

There is a LUA script that prevents all what you said. If I remember right, the person could join spec, but could not go to other team, only the one he left. This in a X amount of time.

Yet a simple banner or command like on other servers would help a lot.

on all other servers there is a warning regarding stacking afaik! :o 

i thought about bind a sentence by myself.